NEurope
Teppo Holmqvist

Bad news for PSP, Walmart stops selling UMD-movies

Plus their DRM (think thats the acronymn) was pretty much bashed.

Yup, it stands for "Digital Rights Management" aka capitalist bull shit. "Hey guys, buy ours stuff... but you know it'll kinda infect your PC with spyware! Thanks have a nice day."

I seriously hate Sony when it comes to file formats... when was the last time they actually had success with one?

I have a sony CD player and that plays atrac. i think that is probably the best format sony have come up with. failure or not.

what is this atrac stuff?

As for the PSP. It's still a quality machine- developers need to stop being so lazy with their endless ports and such. it's certianly killing off any interest i have in it.

you basically load your CD's onto a pc using the atrac software then burn them onto a normal cd but you can hold about 10 albums to a cd

Hah, it was gonna happen. No one in the right mind would by a UMD movie for the PSP.

Stick to buying games, that is what it is for.

you basically load your CD's onto a pc using the atrac software then burn them onto a normal cd but you can hold about 10 albums to a cd

Yeh, but that's just an mp3-cd player. Except sony don't want you to use mp3, so they invent their own format - atrac.

It's the same as appe with AAC, except apple allow you to use mp3 on their devices.

Universal studios, Paramount pictures and Image entertainment have all stopped producing UMD movies, signalling the death of the UMD movie as we know it.

They also can controll games cover art, take prodect rub, the added the swim suit to the siluete girl for the us (and UK?) version, because of Walmart.

Yeah...the thing is that, like the Producer guy (i think) of Project Rub said, the bikini makes it look more sexual!!

Oh dear, I wonder how Sony are feeling now. I always thought the purpose of the PSP's UMD functions was to push for the UMD, as the PS3 apparently is for Blu-Ray. Though, there's more people backing Blu-Ray then there was UMD as far as I know. So it's possible Blu-Ray won't be a "bomb".

I don't really see the need for new formats when DVD works fine. Hell, Xtra-Vision still have shelf space for VHS, bigger then UMD too. They need to give DVD a few more years before they introduce any new technology. Give it at least 3 more before trying to push for any new formats. =/

This is quite a back thing for PSP i believe. Isn't Walmart massive in America?

heh .. Every hillybilly on the planet (not really the whole planet ,just america) shops, eats, parties, meets up at, buys food , buys cloths, buys electronics, get baptised , will have sex at , steals from, lives , sleeps , and worships:bowdown: at WALMART ...walmart IS the CENTER of MANY american towns ...walmart not selling umd mean horrible things for sony (yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)

walmart's owner is the richest woman on the planet...

walmart (in the 2nd biggest destroyer of the planets rain forests)

:yay: UMD failing miserably ,is great too ..:yay:

cant beat full stops. you werid forum peeps. you crack me up. dot dot dot

i dont know much about this whole blu-ray thing is it just a attempted dvd beater?

will blu-ray only run on the ps3 or are companys making blu-ray "dvd" players?

whats the difference between blu-ray and dvd?