NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
AshMat

Running PS1 games through PC

Hi, i want to play through resident evil to decide if im going to get deadly silence but can't be bothered brining the ps1 upstairs.

Is there a way i can put ps1 games in my cd drive and play them on my pc with a regular usb controller?

Thanks in advance.

Short answer: PS1 games wouldn't run in your CD Rom drive.

Long answer: Its possible, but its illegal and a pain in the ass to do.

You can use a PSX emulator, providing you get the BIOS from your own Playstation it's perfectly legal I guess.

If you have a Mac you can use Connectix PS1 emulator, it's very good and compatible (and deemed legal in court), but it's only for OS9.

There should be good PS1 emulators today, search around.

You are legally allowed to download bios file so long as you have real PSOne on your house. But what you must understand is that you can only acquire same bios file that your PSone uses. I.e. If you have PAL PSOne, you aren't legally allowed to download NTSC bios. You can see what bios file your model has from the bottom of the console. Possible numbers are:

SCPH 1000

SCPH 1001

SCPH 5000

SCPH 5500

SCPH 5502

SCPH 7000

SCPH 7001

SCPH 7003

SCPH 7502

I'm not so sure thats true. The way i remember it was you could only use the one from YOUR PS1 that you took out of it.

Thats like saying its ok to download the rom because you own the game. But i dunno.

Well, the legality of download the bios fille is a bit so so, I think some would claim that you'd have to download it of your PS1 otherwise it would be illegal.

Thats like saying its ok to download the rom because you own the game. But i dunno.

It is quite OK, because you are simply getting backup of your legally owned game. But that doesn't change fact that:

A) Most people download roms illegally, i.e. not for backup purposes

B) Distributing roms around the net is illegal, plain and simple

I'm not so sure thats true. The way i remember it was you could only use the one from YOUR PS1 that you took out of it.

I doubt that, the bios in your PS isn't uniqe. As long as it is the same version as you download its legal.. It was the same thing with GB/GBC/GBA games (at least here in norway).

Oh yeah i know they aren't unique, but there are alot of different verions, its the same for roms. Anyway I don't think anyway it matters, people will still 'acquire' it. :indeed:

It is quite OK, because you are simply getting backup of your legally owned game. But that doesn't change fact that:

A) Most people download roms illegally, i.e. not for backup purposes

B) Distributing roms around the net is illegal, plain and simple

That is a myth actually, you personally can make a back up but you can't download one from somewhere else.

Sign in to follow this