NEurope
Mokong

This is how Developers should deal with Pirates

http://mosnews.com/news/2006/03/23/beatpirate.shtml

This is about a week old but i don't think it was seen here yet. I can see it now it would be a major pay-per-view on Box Office

Reggie vs Pirate

Miyamoto vs Another Pirate

... and many more

An employee of Cognitive Technologies computer company has beaten a man who was selling the company’s software illegally.

Manager of the company’s software department, Andrei Smirnov, offered to fight the dealer in a fitness center. He defeated the computer pirate 24-16 in three rounds, lasting three minutes each. The dealer’s name was not revealed, News.Ru web edition on high technologies reported on Thursday.

In February, Smirnov saw the dealer selling CDs with his company’s software at a computer market without a license. Smirnov demanded that the dealer stop the illegal sale. A scuffle broke out, but they were stopped by the guard. After that, the pirate expressed a wish to continue the fight in the street, but Smirnov suggested a fitness center.

i'd have a major handicapp in such a match, I'd have to beat 20 Sony music execs to death with George Lucas to have a chance.

Why dont they send "illigal" versions of their software all over the net, p2p and bit torrent, but FULL of spyware, viruses and not even include most of the program;s code...

Why dont they send "illigal" versions of their software all over the net, p2p and bit torrent, but FULL of spyware, viruses and not even include most of the program;s code...

Who would share something like that? It would be only a matter of time before the pirates get the real version.