NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire

Kingdom Hearts 2

So, who's looking forward to this game? I'm not, I always found the hype surrounding the first one baffling. Amidst the terribly designed levels, poor combat system, horrible camera and power rangers like bosses the only things that stood out were the music, graphics and characters. I liked the idea of a crossover, but the execution was poor. I was hoping this one would improve on it, but looks like it's actually worse according to IGN. 7.6 coming from such a biased site is a really bad sign. ~There's one thing that looks great though, the steamboat wille level :grin:

kingdom-hearts-ii-20060328060749616.jpg

kingdom-hearts-ii-20060328060752350.jpg

well i really really did hope the first would be spectacular. and it wasnt. the combat, camera and levels (dont get me started on the flying ones) were appaling.

i will prob get this though, just to play under the sea again :P

Ive the GBA one and its got quite some faults, but I love the idea of the cross over (I mainly bought it actually just for the Halloween Town level) and if Im ever to own a Playstation of any kind Ill get the Kingdom Hearts games.

i will prob get this though, just to play under the sea again :P

Apparently the level where you play under the sea is a very heavily stripped down Atlantis from the first one. Read the IGN review.

I'm importing this as soon as i finish Dragon Quest VIII, which means not anytime soon :(

But i'm really looking forward to it. I, for one, thought the first one was awesome. Mainly because of the story, the graphics were great for that time and all the worlds were different. I really had much fun with the first one.

The game got a better score on the usually stricter GameSpot, 8.7 so it has to be great :)

Saw a few vids at IGN - the gameplay looks repetitive beyond belief and the dialogue is horrible (Quite a surprise coming from Square-Enix)

I was looking forward to this, what a shame.

Apparently the level where you play under the sea is a very heavily stripped down Atlantis from the first one. Read the IGN review.

:angry: bastards

I would go to a site that puts an RPG-ish game up against the same type of genre then picks out the merits of it, ie Gamespot.

It got 8.6 or 8.7 on there

I've read similar things by people who tried the game they also agree with IGN. Meh I'm picking up Dragon Quest so I don't care. Still, the story is probably pretty cool and I'm curious ><

P.S.: Mickey looks badass.

It's important to note that out of 16 reviews for the game on gamerankings.com, IGN's is the only one that gave it a score in the 70's, with 12 other sites/magazines giving it a score in the 90's. Not that i'm saying IGN is wrong, I haven't played the game.

I enjoyed the first one very much, i'm sure this one will be no different.

That Steamboat Willy level does look brilliant, but I failed to see what the fuss was about the first game.

I know people that are obsessed with this game and won't give a monkey what the IGN review says, although some other sites I've seen (some amatuerish RPG one) gave KH2 98 and 95% so maybe its just IGN.

Saw the trailer and it has everything a good game needs

Mulan

The Lion King

Tron

Pirates Of The Carribean.

sorted:)

I don't think I'll pick this game up as I'll probably be getting Dragon Quest VIII, which looks absolutely brilliant. Maybe after I finish that....

It's important to note that out of 16 reviews for the game on gamerankings.com, IGN's is the only one that gave it a score in the 70's, with 12 other sites/magazines giving it a score in the 90's. Not that i'm saying IGN is wrong, I haven't played the game.

I enjoyed the first one very much, i'm sure this one will be no different.

And the IGN readers gave the game 9.5

I don't think it will be so bad as IGN tells us.

I think Gamespot, and other sites, said KHII is the best KH game so far.

Enjoyed the first game and have the sequel coming on Monday from USA. It won't be played right away though as I've got Oblivion to finish off and Magna Carta, and then Suikoden V and Guitar Hero on Thursday. WOOOO GAMES :D

I love the first one also

It was quite fun with the crossover stuffs

I saw the trailor also.. and I am really looking forward to KHII!

Sign in to follow this