NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

Thank god for nintendo

Ok, how would pro evo work?!

I'm as excited as anyone but i think theres a few games that wouldnt work and would NEED the controller shell - simply because of the lack of buttons needed to do the extensive amount of moves!!

that was what I thought at first, where are all the buttons. but look at your body. where's the button to eat? where's the button to jump? oh wait, you don't have any buttons. this is why I think people cannot walk run or jump ;)

basically, the new controller should enable new ways of doing the old things.

like changing weapon, in a fps, normally you would cycle through, well, perhaps you could calibrate the controller, while standing up, in relation to your waist you have different weapon areas. say you can carry 8 weapons.

reach to your back (just left of your spine) then press the A button.

you pull a grenade out from your belt. press the b trigger, you have the pin under your thumb. take the controller back (as if ready to lob a ball) then swing it, again like you were throwing it, and instead of releasing the controller, release the b trigger. the pin flies out the grenade as the grenade leaves your hand. you now take the controller down to the front right of your waist, the grenade blows up in the distance taking out a group of the enemy.

you press the A button and you pick up a pistol. a guy runs out from cover, you point the controller at the guy, pull the B trigger, BANG, headshot! but you've run out of ammo. you have no more ammo on you at the moment, so you move your hand back to the front right of your waist and press A again, your pistol is placed back in its holder. you have a knife stored at the front of your waist to the left, so you move the controller there, pick out the knife.

now you have to use your analogue controller. we all know how to use this.

we press a z trigger to crouch, and move to the guy we just shot in the head. you hear a noise though, you quickly take cover, and hear what sounds like one person. you hear them take cover the other side of you. then you hear them, walking round slowly. you get your knife ready, and when they come round the corner lunge your controller towards the... well, you get the idea.

now how does the revolution know where your waist is? a simple setting. going to a settings screen (start/home button?) you can set your waist height. sitting down, its lower, standing up its higher. you then set a belt width, ie how far the controller can be height wise from your virtual belt. perhaps the program has you grab you pistol a few times, then it asks you to get the knife, then it tells you to get a grenade, until its asked you to get items from each belt location.

ok, thats a long explanation, but think, the controller can change position. straight in front of you "A" can be button 'a', to your far left it can be button 'f', directly behind you it can be button 'm', to your far right button 't'

all pressing one button, in relation to its "neutral" position. now ok, that would be complicated, getting the exact right position, I don't imagine most games will have 26 buttons though. my point is that now the position of the controllw can change its function, its no longer limited to what you do, but now the where you do it can have an affect. and yes, that will require a neutral position to be ascertained, but that can easily be programmed in.

and to people saying they don't want to work up a sweat when playing a game. sorry, but you probably NEED to work a sweat up while playing a game :P

but seriously, there will be games you can play sat in front of your screen like a vegetable, but there will also be games that offer interaction not just on the mental level, but on the physical level too.

**edit** sorry, just saw the pro evo bit.

pro evo. well, not pro evo specifically, but football game... I'll be honest, football is one I struggled a bit with, I have an idea with a fictional add on, but that doesn't count sooo...

the analogue stick controls the player. the controller controls the ball in relation to the player, by flicking the controller when the player reaches the ball... flick the controller quickly and at the correct time to hit the ball harder, flick the controller off time and slowly ti kick the ball a lot lighter.

probably poor, but really developers will need to do tech demo's before commiting to control methods, not having a dev kit puts us at disadvantages, as does not having a controller in our hands.

it could also be a first person football game, though that would require more unique ways of using the controller, I did write an idea for such a concept, but I think this post is way too big already so I'm sure you are all glad I deleted it!

but the rev basically has an analogue control on a 2d plane, and analogue control on a 3d plane. it then has an A and B button as well as D pad (I imagine Dpad and A button cannot be used simultaneously though) and z1/z2 buttons on the analogue stick. I think this is plenty of control for a football game, possibly too much!

is anyone else hoping the next Zelda will be set in first-person now? Imagine using the controller like a sword to attack and parry, instaed of just mashing buttons to kill enemies. that would be sweeeeeeetttt.

I'm not saying that my opinion is the be all and end all at all. I just don't see why people would want more of the same button mashing games when there are plenty out already. If people want that, download an old game.

Will you be buying Twilight Princess?

________

Buy vaporizers

Edited by Johelian

:) Thanks for trying pestneb but you didnt do a great job! Basically in a football game you need to do different types of through balls, change player, different crosses, skills, runs, long balls, different tackles etc etc.

Im trying but I cant see how it is possible with the rev controller, other than the add on which makes it a normal controller - I dont have a problem with this, but someone said they couldnt see a game that WOULDNT work, well this and probablymany more.

:) Thanks for trying pestneb but you didnt do a great job! Basically in a football game you need to do different types of through balls, change player, different crosses, skills, runs, long balls, different tackles etc etc.

Im trying but I cant see how it is possible with the rev controller, other than the add on which makes it a normal controller - I dont have a problem with this, but someone said they couldnt see a game that WOULDNT work, well this and probablymany more.

ok, well, I'll be honest, the last football game I played I used a d pad and pass/shoot buttons, with a run fast button and a "trick" button, from what I remember, and this was on PC. long time ago.

pass changed to change player when defending, shoot to slide tackle, trick was a dirty tackle I think. I guess it was fairly silly to assume games hadn't be come a bit more complex.

using that though

controller - controls direction of player under control

analogue stick controls direction to pass the ball / shoot in.

z1 and z2 could be pass/shoot buttons. the A button could relinquish control of a player, and you then point at the player you want to control.

What a fantastic idea Nintendo has come up with, I really hope it works as presented as it sound excellent for some genres. Seeing the controller and how it will work I finally understand what Nintendo said about graphics not mattering. The impressions of people that have tried it have all been very possitive.

I think I am more shocked that it wasnt a let down than by what the actual controller turn out to be.

Im dissapointed they said it would be inovative, not a tv remote, we've had them for years.

• Like 1

it only looks like a remote but if you read more about it you realise it´s NOT tv remote, try to imagine using a controller like the revo with both hands at a a time it wouldn´t work thats why it´s one handed

Im dissapointed they said it would be inovative, not a tv remote, we've had them for years.

Have you read about what it can do, or seen the "trailer" yet?

Just checked my tv remote a minute ago, pretty sure it didn't have tilt technology. :heh:

is anyone else hoping the next Zelda will be set in first-person now? Imagine using the controller like a sword to attack and parry, instaed of just mashing buttons to kill enemies. that would be sweeeeeeetttt.

I think it will be First Person. As it was already said twightlight will be the last version of the game in that form.. I think for Rev's controller to be fully utilised then it needs to go first person really. Or if not more 3rd person over the shoulder.

mostly everyone is saying, OMG imagine a FPS Zelda. HELL NO

why does anyone want a fps Link. the ony way he is in FPS mode is if he is usin a weapon. thats it. Fps would make the game trash. to be honest i cant remember a First Person SHOOTER with a sword that was made. my 2 pennies. :cool:

I think it will be First Person. As it was already said twightlight will be the last version of the game in that form.. I think for Rev's controller to be fully utilised then it needs to go first person really. Or if not more 3rd person over the shoulder.

i tink when he said "form" he ment controled in that form.

Edit by Fierce_LiNk: Please don't double post.

Sign in to follow this