NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

Thank god for nintendo

Now that we know for sure what it's all about... i'm so happy.

I was hoping for motion sensing tech months back...imagine a pilotwings game where you 'fly' by moving the controller....

or fzero where you steer by tilting....

or a block puzzle game where you use the controller as a pointer....

I seriously can't wait to see the games... suddenly the actual power of the console seems unimportant - the whole concept screams FUN!

also as an aside.... who want's an xbox 360 now? you'll have nintendo for fun innovative stuff, a ps3 for the bread and butter genres and developer support and an x360 for.... what exactly?

i want a soul calibur game that uses that control system :)

or even better! imagine a zelda game where the controler movement controls the sword :)

or a starfox game! or a new version of MARIO PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mario kart where you can physically throw the weapons! oh and hitting other drivers would be fun too!

im not posting anymore ideas, i'll end up spamming this topic to 3 pages on my own! im thinking of a new idea every min :)

i want a soul calibur game that uses that control system :)

or even better! imagine a zelda game where the controler movement controls the sword :)

OH MY GOOD GOD

imagine flying the arwing with the main controller and then selecting targets and shooting with the analogue stick in the left hand.

it would be heaven!

if nintendo don't do this.... i'll.... i'll... err, be.... err.... really mad.

Yeah, I agree, I'm really happy that Nintendo exists, and brings freshness into the gaming business.

imagine flying the arwing with the main controller and then selecting targets and shooting with the analogue stick in the left hand.

or fzero where you steer by tilting....

or a block puzzle game where you use the controller as a pointer....

i want a soul calibur game that uses that control system

or even better! imagine a zelda game where the controler movement controls the sword

All those ideas sound AMAZING!!

and if ever realised would be INCREDIBLE!!

I think as Nintendo themselves mentioned how the controller could for example, be used to swing a sword,

and Nintendo said that Zelda would change in some way after TTP (TTP would be the last of the old style), then us controlling Links sword is exactly something i'd expect for the next Zelda!!

I was actually thinking it would be incredible if this would ever be the case, just the other day, and now it seems it could well be!!

It certainly has potential for a lot of things that it can be use for, but I can't just shake this feeling of limitations in somethings. I certainly hope they aren't leaving out the hardcore gamers, I don't want every game to last 2 hours. >.<

I'm thinking the multiplayer possibilities... nice :P

think of each genre, and think how this could not work...

racing... I think everyone has/has witnessed people trying to steer by moving the pad

shooter - point and click... BANG :P

flying - tilt, lift and allow to fall down

sport games (particularly holding sticks rackets etc

strategy games control units directly.

can't think of a game the control couldn't be used in to be honest.

actually, think bout it, it will be a bit like minority report, just a little bit more basic :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Can't we just have a conventional Zelda? I sure as hell hope every game doesn't use it.......

Woo, this is exactly the type of controller me and Dabookerman were discussing a while back. I can't believe they actually pulled it off. Bring on the games :D

i drew up very similar concept drawings a few months back, just before E3. Got the console VERY wrong but the controler was similar (despite me doing it as a joke, never expecting them to make something like it).

Im having trouble figuring out what games the controler wont play very well too, anyone got any examples? Remember that the controler has a d-pad and can have an analogue stick, which alone allow virtually all games to be controled

I can't think of a single incidence where it won't work. So I don't know why all these people are going "I want to play Zelda the old way" - this is the future, and it's better. It allows more freedom and interactivity. Why would you want to play on a NES controller when Gamecube is out? It's the same thing.

I can't think of a single incidence where it won't work. So I don't know why all these people are going "I want to play Zelda the old way" - this is the future, and it's better. It allows more freedom and interactivity. Why would you want to play on a NES controller when Gamecube is out? It's the same thing.

So, just because you think 'it's the futre, and it's better' means that you're right? Not everyone has the same mindset as you; I won't mind playing certain games with the set up, ie-starfox,fps,strategy games...but slashing it to attack in fast paced games like sould calibur just doesn't seem right imo.

From my understanding, the Revolution controller doesn't use gyroscopic technology. I thought it was just a chip inside and the sensors detect the movement and angle of the particular chip in relation to it's default calibration. I keep seeing people write about gyroscopes and I keep wondering where they get this information from. I know there was speculation that the new controller would use gyros but does the new controller actually use them?

Maybe I missed something. Anyone have a link that mentions gyros are being used in this controller?

The odds are there is at least one gyroscope inside the controller, if not two. RF positioning technology can account for locating the controller in 3D space, but it would be hard pushed to detect tilting of the controller at the same time. It's already been linked to in another thread, but I posted on the IGN boards in the hope that maybe Matt Cassmassina might spot it and could clear it up:

http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=98913441

would be great.......ok well maybe not....but anyway, if the ds/gba could connect to the revolution controller and well, work like the GC-GBA link up has worked.

Ok, how would pro evo work?!

I'm as excited as anyone but i think theres a few games that wouldnt work and would NEED the controller shell - simply because of the lack of buttons needed to do the extensive amount of moves!!

Ok, how would pro evo work?!

I'm as excited as anyone but i think theres a few games that wouldnt work and would NEED the controller shell - simply because of the lack of buttons needed to do the extensive amount of moves!!

I think this is where the classic controller would come in to play.

It certainly has potential for a lot of things that it can be use for, but I can't just shake this feeling of limitations in somethings. I certainly hope they aren't leaving out the hardcore gamers, I don't want every game to last 2 hours. >.<

Well any game on PS3/Xbox 360 will be able to be ported to REV too as remember nintendo are developing a standard controller also for all the normal stuff.

So, just because you think 'it's the futre, and it's better' means that you're right? Not everyone has the same mindset as you; I won't mind playing certain games with the set up, ie-starfox,fps,strategy games...but slashing it to attack in fast paced games like sould calibur just doesn't seem right imo.

I'm not saying that my opinion is the be all and end all at all. I just don't see why people would want more of the same button mashing games when there are plenty out already. If people want that, download an old game.

Being able to block and attack with realism in fighting games would be incredible. And that's not necessarily how it will even be used. Movement could still be done by the analogue stick with the controller used for jumping, or switching between weapons, grabbing items in a 3D arena.

OH MY GOOD GOD

The Halo gang mentioned this last night, a Starfox game, which uses two contol sticks, and implements basic aviation motion to control the arwings, and the B Trigger as fire methods. :happy:

I really thought I would be disappointed with the controller, whatever it would be because of all the speculation etc. But I'm very relieved that I'm NOT disappointed and actually very exited about the Revolution controller. The mouse of the future imo :-)

Sign in to follow this