NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Brothers in Arms developer speaks on REV!

Following the news of various different companies backing Nintendo's Revolution, Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox (the creators of Brothers In Arms), has stated '...I look forward to the challenge of making games for it < Nintendo Revolution >. There are a few ideas...that I think would be very appropriate for the interface options the Revolution provides.'

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4324

Third party support is looking promising at the moment, I've never played Brothers in Arms but i've heard good things about it and I'm sure it would be extremely fun with the REV, using the controller as a gun hopefully :)

• Like 1

Cool.

I know I keep talking about FPS, but I think it's a genre Nintendo needs get ontop of their competitiors. If these guys do make an FPS for the Rev, I'm sure it will be pretty decent.

Looking at their back catalogue of games, most are FPS. Quite a large number are add-ons for games like Counter Strike and Half-Life. They also did the PC Versions of Halo, THPS3, 007 Nightfire, and Half-Life for the PS2. So far their only "oringinal" titles are Brothers in Arms 1, and 2. I've got Brothers in Arms on the Xbox, and it's excellent. A very polished attempt at a WWII FPS. So far they haven't made any games for a Nintendo console, so it's obvious that they've been won over by the new controller. I might also add, that Brothers in Arms 3 is to be made using the new Unreal Engine 3, so if there's any game we're likely to see on Revolution, this could be it.

Good news keep coming in, developers are interested, I just hope that they can walk the walk.

lThe area that Revolution will excel at is combining first person shooters and light gun games because it is possible to do both and do both better. That is going to be one of the best gaming experiences ever. If Nintendo never make a game again it would be worth owning Revolution for a deep first person shooter where 'shooter' actually means something.

The full quote:

13. KLGamer for GamerCC: The Nintendo Revolution controller was shown at the Tokyo Game Show... it's quite obvious that Nintendo is destined to be as innovative as possible again. What do you, as a professional game-designer, think about the controller and the Revolution itself? And... would Gearbox be interested in developing games for the Nintendo Revolution?

Randy Pitchford: I think the Revolution is an interesting device and I look forward to the challenge of making games for it. There are a few ideas I've nurtured over the years that I think would be very appropriate for the interface options the Revolution provides.

lThe area that Revolution will excel at is combining first person shooters and light gun games because it is possible to do both and do both better. That is going to be one of the best gaming experiences ever. If Nintendo never make a game again it would be worth owning Revolution for a deep first person shooter where 'shooter' actually means something.

Especially if the level design (1P/Co-op) is better than Halo.

Brother in Arms 3 is going to use the Unreal 3 Engine. :)

thats what i mean, is there any knowledge of any companies having the dev kit for rev?

If anyone has the Dev Kit, then Sega would. They are the 3rd party that gets everything 1st from Nintendo.

Hopefully we'll get some news of what 3rd party games are being created for the Rev before the end of the year. I also REALLY hope that Nintendo don't wait until E3 '06 to show the shell! :doh:

Sign in to follow this