NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Young Enterprise

Well, the finals are soon, so we may as well have a thread.

Is there anyone here taking part in the Young Enterprise company? If so, what does your company do.

The company I'm part of is called Limited Edition. Prettey much all we do is make personalsed mugs for people, with a hefty profit. (but we're still cheaper than Boots, and we do some designing for people too).

We also make special mugs to celebrate our school's 50th Anniversary, and the school itself bough 140 of them. A few hundred pound pofit for us.

Naturally, as the one who failed art at pre-GCSE, im the graphics designer for the team, and many people seem to like my "simplistic" designs.

I also made the company's logo animated.

LELogoSmall2.gif

When I was in college I was curious about Young Enterprise so went to a meeting about it. It sounded interesting but wasn't too sure about it, then they started pressuring me and my mate for an answer. So we walked out.

I had a fantastic name ready and everything. Tomorrow's Wonders Available Today. Acronym time!

I did Young Enterprise a few years ago. We did really well, won loads of awards and everything, but still didn't get in the top 3 overall. I'm still convinced to this day that it was fixed. :mad:

sell crack off the back of a bike. Easy money. Pretend you sold ties with pictures of tramps knitting on them. Win the competition. Get hired by PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Keep up the ruse. Job done and 100k a year MINIMUM. Guaranteed.

Hum...

My politics teacher was talking about the Young Enterprise scheme, how he was running for a top job for it but then found out one of their aims was to promote branding to under 6 year olds; so decided against it.

I did the Young Enterprise thing about six years ago. Our company was called Ego, and we pretty much spent the whole of the time thinking what we could make. I don't think we did anything in the end.

Well, I went to the Denbigshire final today.

Our company came a very close second. the winners won due to their product beign more "innovative and original". They sold Car Air Freshners.

However, as the people organising the event strongly disagreed with the judges, they are goint to try and get both my company and the winning one into the North Wales final.

Anyway, my company won the "Best Display" (people were impressed my the short repeating video that i made), and I won the "Best Individual Acheaver" Award (which i didnt know i was even entered for until i had an interview about it).

So, a quite succesful night. (if we get through).

Yea i did this a few years back too, 2003 i think it was. We reached the national finals, was very cool, got to stay in a posh hotel in london for free. Was very cool. We (I) designed a small toy like think that rolled around, got a plastics frim to make about 500 for the things. still got loads left now. Great think to put on you CV, job letters etc, especially if you get through loads of rounds in the contests. Our company was called cre8, theres alot of competition at the nationals, some amazing companies that got hasbro to make a board game, and the winning team designed a tarten for their scottish island, and basically created hundreds of jobs on the island, rejenovating it. No way wwe could have ever competed against that by selling pastic toys and doing school disco and end of year balls.

May I just add: if anyone has the chance to do YE, make sure you do as it's incredibly good fun, and you might even make some money out of it.

Well, i found out today that my company is going through to the North Wales Final.

And were starting work now. (the report and presentation that we had to hand in beforehand were done the day befor they were due in. we started sorting out the board on the day of the competition). And after robbing the good ideas from the winning company (and others), were gonna kick their arse in the next round.

Good luck Cube. When do you get to try YE?

In S3 (urmm, year.. 10? I dunno) we did PSD where we had to make a product or organise something, and (I've already made a topic about them before) we made tie-dye socks! Whcih sold out on the second day, less than an hour of total seeling time and we made a mint profit of £16.70!

Yay

When do you get to try YE?

Year 12 for the proper one, although I think they do similar stuff for younger students.

Sign in to follow this