NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Haden

Slowdown/memory leak problem.

Hey guys I am wondering what your opinion is on this. My computer is quite new and its specs are 2.8ghz 1gb ram radeon 9800pro. However after I load something like a video or coming out of battlefield 2 it slows down to a horrbile rate. When I press ctrl alt delete I see that something called explorer takes up 100,000k and has 50 tasks happening. I stop it then obviously everything dissapears then I resart the explorer program and everything is at normal speed again. Any help on this issue would be great thanks.

Oh and additional info I have very little memory left nowadays under a gig. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I think you'll find that your computer will always use more ram if it's available. According to the activity monitor on OSX, im using up 833meg out of 1gig, and all I've got open is Finder, Dashboard, Safari, MSN, and iTunes.

But it slows down to a appalling level. It really is annoying, do I need to uninstall stuff and use less of the hardrive?

I have a fitness regime for my comp that seems to work fairly well.

Defrag your hard drive

Run ccleaner (including the registry bit)

Run BeClean

Run RegScrubXP

Run RegSeeker (the registry bit)

Run Spybot Search and destroy

Run Microsoft AntiSpyware

Run a full virus scan (the online kaspersky one is good for a change to your standard one)

Run Starter to check that only programs I like start up on boot.

Fitness regiems eh? My computer at the moment could only enter a computer marathon as a fun runner who takes a few days to finish the course :happy:

I will look into these things thanks guys.

Explorer is the application in windows that brings up your desktop, start menu, and any "my computer" like windows. If you have a lot of windows open in teh background before you start your game, this is clearly what is consuming your RAM.

However you're talking about Battlefield 2. Battlefield 2 is special and has memory leaks and all sorts of shit everywhere. It consumes RAM like NO OTHER GAME, so much to the point that I'm getting another 512MB soon.

If it only happens in Battlefield 2, make sure you have the latest patch (although they introduced the memory leak IN a patch...) and maybe lower some of your graphical settings in the game.

Sign in to follow this