NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cheapshot

Shed a tear for the Dreamcast...

dc-under-defeat-ltd-jap.jpg

Its last commercial game was released today and it's a corker! A prefect arcade port of the game: Under Defeat, the arcade game is apparently massively popular in Japan. I "aquired" the game today and it's every bit as enjoyable as its Ikaruga predeccesor and the 2 player rawks indeed. If you still have a trusty DC knocking about GET THIS GAME! They even made a limited edition to commemorate the end of the Dreamcast (although it costs a ridiculous £90)

dc-under-defeat-ltd-jap4.jpg

dc-under-defeat-ltd-jap6.jpg

dc-under-defeat-ltd-jap5.jpg

dc01.jpg

Screenshots just don't do the game justice :nono:

I thought they stopped making games for the Dreamcast ages ago. Either way, this looks like a great game and I still have a DC. Hmmmm.

It is indeed sad to se the Dreamcast go. R.I.P Dreamcast... :weep:

Yeah the Dreamcast really is a fantastic console!!

Radiligy, another arcade style shooter, only a cel-shaded one, was the second to last game I think and is also being brought to the Gamecube later in the year. Check out my Radiligy thread for some videos of the game;

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4497

The Dreamcast had so many different styles of games, it really was a complete console, it had everything!

Yeah I got Radiligy too, it's not quite as polished as Ikaruga and Under Defeat and there's no 2 player (at least to my knowledge as the menu's are all in Japanese) but the cel-shading is really funky; pretty stylish shooter.

Is it confirmed to be the last title? If it is, im quite suprised developers still bothered with the dreamcast. Dreamcast has virtually no audience compared to the other 3 consoles in the world.

Sega consoles...i knew ye well.

I think the Dreamcast is getting some Neo-Geo shooter port next month, but it doesn't really count much as commercial IMO and it doesn't really look up to Dreamcast standards really.

I've also heard all these lovely new shooters ain't doing too badly in Japan and it's great business for Lik-Sang so don't count out the Dreamcast just yet! ;)

The main reason really that they keep making games for the console is because they love the Dreamcast and they know there are people out there who just can't let go. :smile:

*edit* According to Edge a game by the name of Senko No Ronde is coming to the Dreamcast and Xbox 360, the Dreamcast game will probably be an arcade port and the 360 version is getting revamped graphics. Look's like a madass beat-'em'-up/shooter hybrid.

senko_no_ronde_fighting.jpg

senko_no_ronde_shooting.jpg

Xbox 360 version

senko-no-ronde-20060303101734146.jpg

senko-no-ronde-20060303101736224.jpg

Hmm the 360 version looks a little more washed out IMO, but still looks good. And it's got Live so that's cool. ;)

I thought they stopped making games for the Dreamcast ages ago. Either way, this looks like a great game and I still have a DC. Hmmmm.

It is indeed sad to se the Dreamcast go. R.I.P Dreamcast... :weep:

No they didn't stop making games. Not Japan. Go Japan!

Long live Dreamcast!

It's still thinking ~

Its not dead at all for me, I got a Dreamcast late last year for the two Shenmues, and boy do I not regret it. I'm currently playing Shenmue II, and I must say I am enjoying the whole Shenmue experience at the moment more than any other games I'm now playing (including Xbox 360 games).

Sign in to follow this