NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

Sony losing support & money?!

Who do you think will do best in the upcomming Gen?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will do best in the upcomming Gen?

• Sony
    • Microsoft
    • Nintendo

oOOoo!!

Look at THIS!!

So if Nintendo play their cards right and pull out their big guns (and ones from other companies), they will rule if Sony do lose 3rd party support.

And I have noticed that companies (big japanese ones mainly) have been supporting Nintendo more.

Hahaha.....Well fanboys should be BANNED!! Hahaha!!

I'm still unsure about all the consoles next Gen, I like the look of some 360 things, but other parts don't appeal to me at all. And I'm scared Nintendo might mess up.

I felt a little guilty for slapping the retarded fanboy label on you so soon, but then you gave me a negative reputation point for:

Some games felt unfinished and a little recycled, but Metroid Prime made up for all that.

I now have a mandate to be an asshole! An asshole mandate, if you will.

• Like 1

I never did u in 4 that!! (or whatever you wanna call it) I actually agree to an extent....I might have clicked you by accident, I'm doin lots at once :sad: Sorry if I did!!

I felt a little guilty for slapping the retarded fanboy label on you so soon, but then you gave me a negative reputation point for:

I now have a mandate to be an asshole! An asshole mandate, if you will.

You got negative rep for saying some of the Cube's games were bad? Haha.

That article thing

I'm sure Sony regrets starting the little monster called the Sony PSP

I sure as hell don't. *Watches Lost on PSP*

Haha...neither do I...It'll do well.

What I was supposed to be highlighting with that link was the expence that Blu-ray could cost Sony.

I should have made that clearer

Haha...neither do I...It'll do well.

What I was supposed to be highlighting with that link was the expence that Blu-ray could cost Sony.

I should have made that clearer

Sony invented BluRay technology, so that's one expense they won't need to deal with.

Well I'm not a Sony fanboy at any rate. Recently they cut 10,000 jobs and I think it was within the last year their credit rating was cut (from A+ to A). Something's not going right that's for sure :hmm:

• Like 1

Well that's not all to do with their consoles. I don't think it should be even A, maybe a B. Some of their electronics have been deteriarating in quality quite a lot compared to past years. I've heard a few people talking about or mentioning the lack of quality in their newer products.

(Before people think I'm some sort of anti-Sony - though it's probably too late - I'm not)

I never realised how much trouble sony were getting into because of the great success of the ps2 but after reading that I can totally see their problem and think they should be worrying right now. I hope they dont die because although I don't think sony are that good there would be a lot of dissapointed play station fans if the playstation ended.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

Sorry people if I sometimes don't make sence and things, I'm rubbish at explaining things!!

Im quite rubbish at explaining things alot of the time too, and why does this thread suck?

No more arguing and bickering and such. And if you feel like you have been given negative karma for unjust reasons contact me.

Anyway, its an interesting article but a bit one-sided. I don't know Sony's sitch but im sure they have some things to look forward to, and the article should have looked at the positive.

Worse I see happening is PS3 comes out and people rush to buy it and it does well at launch, but then people dont buy many games and such, opting for another console or something.

i like this thread :)

and i also liked the article.. although i dont agree 100%

But i know sony will lose alot of marketshare compared to what it has now.

Well I think it's supposed to be one sided Ashley, not in a fanboy way though. It's just pointing out some of Sony's negatives which people don't seem to pick up on (Though some of it's kinda naff)

Sony invented BluRay technology, so that's one expense they won't need to deal with.

No. Sony did not invent Blu Ray.

From what we are seeing Sony have gained since PS2. PS3 has even more 3rd party support as Xbox 360 takes left over crumbs or shaky time exclusives. Revolution the less said the better. Nice controller though and i reserve judgement till its fully revealed.

On the subject of PSP. Its the first successful handheld since Nintendo went on the market and its selling very well. Pretty good position from zero.

It wasn't completely zero though. It has Sony fans that buy it (and from what I've heard quite a few people are buying it for the sake of it or JUST cos it's Sony).

I'm not trying to say it's only got sales from that though, heh, that would be stupid; it's a pretty decent system.

No. Sony did not invent Blu Ray.

The Blu-ray standard was jointly developed by a group of leading consumer electronics and PC companies called the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), led by Sony and Philips

Sony and Philips, disillusioned by the small royalty part of the DVD pie, did not want to miss the boat again, and had already started working on DVD's successor, The Blu-ray disc. The Blu-ray format, originally called DVR, was developed by Sony and Philips engineers beginning in 1995

They were pioneers then at least.

Well I think it's supposed to be one sided Ashley, not in a fanboy way though. It's just pointing out some of Sony's negatives which people don't seem to pick up on (Though some of it's kinda naff)

Well I come from the old school type of essays (being educational ones) and I always feel no matter how strong your point you should represent the opposite view to show you have fully explored the idea/theory/whatever.

I thought that article was bollocks - I could pick it apart piece by piece but that would take too long. PS3 I;m sure will sell very well, but the guy is making up prices left right and centre - he doesnt know how much Sony are losing on the PSP, he doesnt know how much games are going to be, or the console itself. Why does he say stuff like Konami are miving more to NIntendo. Are they? I wish they were but this is simply not true.

Also the PSP is selling very well, okay its not beating the DS, but over time I think it will in the west.

Personally, I'll admit to being a massive Nintendo fan - they are literally the only reason I play games now, and I would like that article to be true; but I'l stick with my first judgement. Bollocks!

Sign in to follow this