NEurope
CVD

WWE WrestleMania 22

Thought I'd start this a bit earlier than usual, seeing as this is the biggest night of the wrestling calander.

Wrestlemania goes Big Time on Sunday April 2 2006. Michelle Williams from Destiny's child sings America the Beautiful, P.O.D will be singing Rey Mysterio to the ring and the annual Hall of Fame will be taking place too, with inductees such as Bret Hart and Eddie Guerrero forming the class of 2006. Oh, and there's the small matter of 11 matches too. Here's the lineup for the biggest night of the year in sports entertainment:

20060222_wm22_cenahhh.jpg

20060222_wm22_ttm2.jpg

20060227_wm22_vincehbk2.jpg

20060324_wm22_moneybankladd1.jpg

20060310_wm22_casketmatch.jpg

20060306_wm22_edgefoleyhard1.jpg

20060303_wm22_uschamp.jpg

20060306_wm22_worldtagteam.jpg

20060320_wm22_womenchamp1.jpg

20060318_wm22_boogeymanbook2.jpg

20060320_wm22_pillowfight.jpg

I'll be posting my predictions later next week once the final RAW and Smackdown! shows go on the air. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the ladder match, Mick Foley vs Edge and the triple threat main event. Click the video preview below to watch a quick recap on the main events. Just 8 days to go!

Playboy Pillow fight ^_^ We want puppies! We want puppies!

ahem anyway is this gonna be on sky sports 1 or box office ? I dont really watch Wrestling anymore but royal rumble and Wrestlemania are always worth the watch...

and no stone cold ? i heard he came back ?

Playboy Pillow fight ^_^ We want puppies! We want puppies!

ahem anyway is this gonna be on sky sports 1 or box office ? I dont really watch Wrestling anymore but royal rumble and Wrestlemania are always worth the watch...

Unfortunatly its gonna be on Box Office (damn Skys and WWEs new contract), but i'm gonna order, its the only event that i would order, and look at the line-up its one fine looking line-up (also add Bobby Lashly to the Ladder Match). I'm a bit surpirsed though that there is only the one inter-promotional match (ladder match) and even more surprised that they put together such a great card with only the one inter-promo match.

Also how come MNM aren't defending their titles? Or maybe that'll be a last minute addtion, wrestlemania wouldn't be right if we don't get to see Melina;)

and no stone cold ? i heard he came back ?

He came back for the "Saturday Night Main Event" which was last Saturday (March 18th and was on Sky Sports 1). JBL challenged him to a Beer Drinking contest, JBL tried to cheat (they stood back to back and JBL just pouring the beer on the ground) Stone Cold saw, JBL ran, Benoit came out and tossed JBL back in the ring and Stone Cold opened up a can of woop ass.

But since he's inducting Bret Heart into the Hall of Fame i bet Austin shows up at some point during Mania.

On a similar note, is Rock ever gonna come back, god i miss him, he did some of the best promos ever.

I'll give my predictions now:

WWE Championship:

Cena (champ) vs Triple H: Triple H, Cena has held teh title for a long time now and god knows with HHH being the bosses son-in-law if he wants the title he will get it. I say it'll be a good match but will prolly end with one of teh McMahons (maybe Shane) interferring to help HHH get the win.

World Heavyweight Title:

Rey vs Orton vs Angle (champ): I say Rey will win, he won the rumble and we all know the rumble winner has a 98% chance of winning at Mania it's almost a given. But should be one hell of a match, really looking forward to it. Angle will prolly go badguy again after he loses the title and will prolly team up with Orton to take out Rey.

No Holds Barred:

Mr. McMahon vs HBK: HBK will win, although Shane will definatly try to get involved, although Vince is the boss he doesn't have the best track record in big matches and god knows this has to end with HBK on top. Should be on blood soaked match also.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

Ric Flair vs Shelton vs RVD vs Finley vs Matt Hardy vs Bobby Lashly: I'm not tottally sure bout this one, i say it'll be either Lashly or Finley which expands their rivalry with matches putting the Money in the Bank shot on the line. WHoever wins i hope they don't leave it as long as Edge did to use the damned thing. (I think we could actually see the winner using this to jump to the other show). Certain to have at least 2 massive bumps and sure to be one of the top 3 best matches of the night.

Casket Match:

Undertaker vs Mark Henry: Undertaker hands down, he's my fav, he's never lost at Mania and damnit he better not lose that record. I reckon his Mania record is like a trade-off for him not being the Champion as many times as he should be, only 4 times i mean come on we all know he desevers to have held it many more times than that. Will be a good match, certain they'll do as much to make it seem like Taker will lose (like last year, god Orton gave me some heart attacks) but he'll jump up at the last second.

Hardcore Match:

Edge vs Mick Foley(Cactus Jack): Foley will win, i don't like Edge at the moment and will love to see him bloody and broken by the end of the night. This will also prolly be the match the Spanish Announce table gets done in. Foley will put on a damn good show methinks. With any luck Lita will be wearing "that top" and something "jumps out" accidently.:shock:

US Title:

JBL vs Chris Benoit: JBL will win, although i don't like him that much Benoit just hasn't been very good lately and JBL is at his annoying best when he has a title on his waist.

World Tag Team Titles:

Big Show and Kane vs Carlito and CHris Masters: C&C will win, making SHow and Kane tag champs was a good idea but they've got not real competion in the tag division. I bet when/if the lose they end up feuding with each other and that should be good. Also its about time Masters had a title and Carlito is just too cool (spot the referance) to not have one. ANd i think they'd make good badguy champs.

Womens Title:

Trish vs Micky James: Not too bothered bout this match, Ashley will prolly get involved to help Trish but i think Micky will win.

Handicap Match:

Boogieman vs Booker T and Sharmel: Boogieman will win, this has just been dragged out too long and Boogieman hasn't even got his hands on Booker yet it's getting annoying. Still love the Boogieman though, cool character very Taker-esque, they should tag or feud sometime soon.

Playboy Pillow Fight:

Torrie vs Candice: meh, the only thing i'm hoping for in this match is a wardrobe malfuction...but if i have to pic...Torrie will win, match will prolly only be 5 mins long also.

Is it just me or am I the only one not looking forward to this years Wrestlemania? I am a big wrestling critic and none of the matches interest me. I think they could have done better.

:angry:

My brother is going to order it, i'll probably sit through it even though none of the matches particularly interest me. It'll be worth it to see Taker bury Mark Henry - the worst wrestler ever - once and for all.

Sweaty, muscular, shiny-bodied men touching each other up isn't my idea of entertainment, so I probably won't be watching.

Sweaty, muscular, shiny-bodied men touching each other up

I think you've been watching something other than sky sports. I'd have kept that to myself if I were you.

As far as the Rock is concerned, I don't see him returning anytime soon, possibly one last match at a Wrestlemania a year or two down the line. More likely just a few more random appearances before bowing out via the Hall of Fame.

Has anyone else seen any Wrestlemania billboard ads around their town? There was a Huge Wrestlemania 22 poster with Shawn Michaels doing a backflip. I've never ever seen an outdoor advert for anything WWE. I almost dived out the car to rip it down and take it home.

Has anyone else seen any Wrestlemania billboard ads around their town? There was a Huge Wrestlemania 22 poster with Shawn Michaels doing a backflip. I've never ever seen an outdoor advert for anything WWE. I almost dived out the car to rip it down and take it home.

Maybe it was a ad for the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour?

Also why do people who don't like wrestling still feel the need the read the threads?

They have nothing better to do with their lives, it really doesn't bother me though, I enjoy a good laugh.

The posters were for Wrestlemania 22, it said 'Big Time' and advertised April 2nd 2006 on PPV. WWE are starting to realise they have growing markets outwith the US.

Looking forward to the money in the bank ladder match, it was good last year and hopefully will be this year. Hoping RVD will win and get his title shot at the ecw show! that would rule

I seen an ad in nuts or zoo for wrestlemania 22 the other day, will post my predicitions later. Cant waid :-D

I'll give my predictions now:

WWE Championship:

Cena (champ) vs Triple H: PLEASE for the love of god let HHH (my fav) win cena is boring, predictable and crap to watch in the ring....hopefully HHH can make this a good match

World Heavyweight Title:

Rey vs Orton vs Angle (champ): I dont mind who wins as i like all 3 but if to put money on someone i would say Angle to retain

No Holds Barred:

Mr. McMahon vs HBK: Like above will be a blood bath and may go backstage/ramp area with some "not for the feint of heart" moments with chairs tables etc etc....like to HBK win but mcmahon is gunna pull all the stops so i say vince will win with help

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

Ric Flair vs Shelton vs RVD vs Finley vs Matt Hardy vs Bobby Lashly:

RVD to win and to use it at ECW one night stand in june would be good

Casket Match:

Undertaker vs Mark Henry: will be good and taker to win

Hardcore Match:

Edge vs Mick Foley(Cactus Jack): this will be the match of the night and a complete and utter bloodbath....edge will try everything to win but foley will keep kicking out...foley to win (both will be cheered at end for effort)

US Title:

JBL vs Chris Benoit: benoit to win...jbl is injuryed with broken hand and broken nose so surely they cant let a less then 100% jbl win...can they...well unless lillian helps of course

World Tag Team Titles:

Big Show and Kane vs Carlito and CHris Masters: show and kane have had for too long....this will be C&C's showcase match to show what they can do and i think they are both very talented young guys so will be a very impressive show by them. C&C to win

Womens Title:

Trish vs Micky James: time to make a sandwich

Handicap Match:

Boogieman vs Booker T and Sharmel: dont care crap storyline and boogiemans matchs have all been shite so far

Playboy Pillow Fight:

Torrie vs Candice: dont care prob be naked during match ;)

Sweaty, muscular, shiny-bodied men touching each other up isn't my idea of entertainment, so I probably won't be watching.
QFT.

edit: replace probably with definitely.

Wrestling thread ... joke about sweaty naked men ... oh man ... I just can't get over the funniness of it. I have literally never read this sort of comment in this type of thread before.

QFT.

Quantum field theory? What's that got to do with homoerotic entertainment?

2 sweaty men wrestling or 11 sweaty men chasing a ball and then jumping allover eachother when they score a goal, or in the shower room afterwards.

Different strokes, different folks I guess...

Different strokes, different folks I guess...

What you talkin' bout Blackfox?

(If you get that reference, congratulations, you're old and watch too much TV!).

(If you get that reference, congratulations, you're old and watch too much TV!).

Hey now i get it and i'm only 22 years old, the show ain't that old....but yeah i do watch too much TV, i was told it was good for me:hmm:

Not a wrestling fan anymore, but I'd thought I'd check out this topic, it is wrestlemania and all.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Mick Floey back.. I remember the days of the rock and sock connection. I won't be watching but I damn well hope Mick Foley wins, he was a legend of my high school days.

Its shame I don't recgonise many of these chumps. And how old is Vince, he'll have a heart attack if he don't take it easy.

I got it and am only 14, I love Trouble!

Anyway, I've not seen any wrestling since I got freeview. One of the things I miss most. I was really into it during the whole Rock vs HHH thing and where each McMann backed a wrestler in a Hell in the Cell match. Excellent days!

I havent watched WWE since the Royal Rumble...what a travesty that was. Its the first time I have never been looking forward to a wrestlemania and its not suprising looking at that card I mean Undertaker Vs Mark Henry?????

I too miss The Rock. Im a huge fan of his as he brought a great deal to the business in terms of his promos and his rivalaries with other wrestlers. Even when he was a hell he was great. The people in it now cant cut a decent promo and the wrestling itself is very poor whereas in TNA the promos suck but when they start "fighting" it is at least entertaining to watch.

I'm getting more and more excited as the days count down. I'm meeting up with 5 of my mates to watch this wearing a wrestling T-shirt whilst consuming some haggis and irn bru (without the haggis).

Anyone doing anything special this Sunday?

I'm meeting up with 5 of my mates to watch this wearing a wrestling T-shirt whilst consuming some haggis and irn bru

I'm not saying anything...

ps. I love your sig... so original!