NEurope
Deltatri3

Nintendo Revo= Nintendo GO?

I think it makes more sense for it to be the name of the online service, 'LIVE'...'GO'... its perfect for it.:awesome:

As for the console name however....please no!:sad:

But yeah some suggestions here are good, such as it being the next GameBoy as GO signifies portability.

Why were you learning to count in Korean when you were doing Karate? It's a chinese martial art. :wtf:

HAHA, actually is a japanese martial art. :p

The Go in Nintendo Go is probably meant to be the download service for previous consoles, bringing the five home consoles together in one service.

This can't be the name for the Revolution, if it would be it'd seem as though Nintendo likes hurting itself :shakehead

I like it! It sounds good. Let's play some GO! And that thing that go means 5 is also nice.

It would kind of work as an abbreviation, I can almost imagine people saying "You played the GO?" or "You gonna buy a GO?" but as a full name, I don't really think so.

Do you say microsoft xbox, sony playstation and nintendo gamecube?

Well from various places on the net it seems this is a fake.

Iwata has finsihed, and no mention of the new name for the system.

More info in the GDC thread.

looks cool to me and "GO" is a good name imo very easy to remember

and the "plus cube" or whatever it is looks well designed

even if it is fake the creator of it deserves a pat on the back for the design

Yeah its fake

7editeurs20060325_130042_0_big.jpg

Nintendo would be stealing a logo if they where to use the "Nintendo Go" logo.

Go! is just a game Yamauichi and other businessmen enjoy in Japan over lunch.

It's relatively common knowledge Yamauchi inspired the DS and Revolution because he was old and couldn't work the controllers.. the idea of games to suit everyone was spawned from his lack of ability to work modern controllers with many buttons.. when playing the computer version of go! he actually got someone else to push the buttons on the controller for him. He simply pointed on screen where he wanted it to go.

It could be called Nintendo Go!.. It would be quite fitting but I still think they're delaying the name because it is in fact staying as "Revolution".. I didn't like the logo really.. I don't care what they call it much, but out of all that i've heard Revolution is my personal fave.

Go is a verb, go there, go over here.. do that. It fits with Revolution's controller because you're not caged by monosylabic buttons, you move and the game reacts.

You almost have more control.. if they did call it Go! I would not be suprised.

= Rumour debunked according to digg. Couldn't be arsed to read the article but "Nintendo GO" Proven False

Also, wouldnt the Nintendo Go be a moral infringement on Atari? Because im sure Atari in japanese means Go, but it wouldnt be copyright infringement if they used it.

I never knew that exsisted cube_game :S

I really think it would be nice just to call it Nintendo.. when people ask me what game systems I play.. I don't go "PC, xbox.. GameCube, PSP and DS"

I just say "Nintendo" seeing as this system can theoretically play every Nintendo game (1st party) on the back catalogue.. though I'm not saying it will, and it's kind of a rebirth for the company.

Just calling it Nintendo would be nice.

You say wanna play Nintendo and a girl will automatically smile and say yeah.. but if you say to a chick and say "wanna play some halo 2?" it just isn't imprinted in the minds of consumers.

While NES was already taken, and it would almost be anti climatic to a generation of games I think even if they call it Nintendo Revolution or Nintendo 5.. I'll still just call it Nintendo generally.

I don't think it needs a name to sell, it's just: Nintendo. if from a marketing point of view it needs a name to sell (i'm not aware of the statistics but it seems logical that named products sell better) then I'll be happy for it to stay as Revolution.

GO is an ace board game, also the word go can be used in many istances if you are pissed off with the game you are playing, for example:

"Aw mario, GO fuck yourself"

"Fuck you ganon, GO home and die"

I prefer revo still.

Nintendo would be stealing a logo if they where to use the "Nintendo Go" logo.

Plus, the "Ninteno GO" looks like it was made by some complete amature 3D moddeler...

I had a weird dream last night about how the final name for the Revo would be HAMSTER! honestly it's true. I shound lay off the cheese before bed.