NEurope
Deltatri3

Nintendo Revo= Nintendo GO?

That's the most realistic yet. I can't confirm nor deny that as truth. Let's just wait and see. If we're lucky, Iwata will show tell us the name today. The thing that makes it slightly convincing for me, is the quality of the image, plus, the japanese writing. The main question for me is, do I like the name Nintendo GO?

[Edit]

The font which the word "GO" is written in is downloadable from the net, so it's most likely fake.

the logo seems a bit abstract - and Go??? what does that mean?

fake or not, I don't understand this - if its fake I hope the artist explains the logo and name, if its real : / well, I'm dissapointed, and hope Nintendo have a good explanation. I prefer revolution/revo as a name.

This had better not be real - the name just does't make sense, and certainly doesn't sound like the name of a games console. I can just see people saying 'I've got a GO', and people thinking they've said 'I gotta go'. :p The logo's fine, but GO just doesn't sound like a product name. It may as well be called the 'Nintendo Shine Get!'.

Please be fake..

the logo has a very similar shape to the GC symbol, looks like 3 "GO's" stuck togeather, as for GO, doesn't sound too bad.

Could GO mean the final rev secert is portablity?

Is it Nintendo "GO" or "G O" (what could it stand for?)

Or could it be one of the menu screens, ala the Home button on the controller?!

We don't know either way yet so lets take a breath and calm down a little!

Oh dear god I hope not.

I do think the final name is the one big announcement we will see at GDC so hopefully we will have confirmation of whether this is the real name or not by the end of the day.

It looks real to me! It looks really good, but the name is poor. It is very international though :)

GO could have something to do with it being semi-portable ...

Just a thought from looking at the image again, if this was taken at GDC then why is all the text on the right in Japanese even though the show is in San Jose in California? I could understand it having some Japanese text as Nintendo are a Japanese company but there would surely be plenty of English too?

I smell a fake (I hope :cry: )

GO:

Go Online

Game On

Green Oranges

Giant Ostrich

What the hel could this stand for? Im too lazy to think up of more. I hope this is fake.

Just a thought from looking at the image again, if this was taken at GDC then why is all the text on the right in Japanese even though the show is in San Jose in California?

That very pleasant thought did cross my mind too.. Only a few hours to go until we find out if it's real, though..

as someone said above it could be another part of rev, maybe the online system or just its menu item, we'll find out in about 3 hours possibliy.

it may have nothing to do with the rev! nintendo GO could be a new project or some type of new networking thing or a feature of the rev, it could be a name for anything

i will die if this is the name. nintendo could cock everything up in one fowl blow.

Yeah, its a pretty good name for an online system. But they would probably use the same name and logo as the DS wifi.

I love this times in the forum, everyone starts exagerating and such. :p

I don't think it's very good name or logo, but it's no big deal.

PS. Go means 5 in japanese so it might be a tribute for nintendo's fith home console.

Go is japanese for "five". N5, anyone?

Can anyone back that up? I learned how to count to ten in korean when I did karate years back, but I would assume the numbers are different. Go is 5 in what I learned.

Nintendo Go has a ring to it, whatever it may or may not be for.

Who knows! Pointless speculation, whats the use in it?!

it could be the code name for the next gameboy, I guess its feasible to have that announced this year, now that DS is safely established as a separate platform.