NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Minor New 'Simpsons' Movie Details

It's about time they made a movie, not sure if it would suit a cinema release though. Would probaly do ok, seeming it's so well known.

I dont even see it anymore, i dont have Sky One! Back in the day i watched it every night! 7pm, at least 2 episodes were on, it was a joke! Thing is, i dont miss it that much, i often look at the DVD's and im not overly tempted to buy them.

Basically, il watch it if its on! Ill watch the film, but from the lowered standards it had in the TV episodes i wont have high hopes for anything overly spectalular.

I read the Bart virginity thing in TV Quick years ago, apprently it was gonna be set a few years in the future. Simpson future that is. I'm not that bothered, I'd rather have Futurama make a comeback.

If it's anything like what the TV show has been like in the past five years or so, it'll be awful. Especially if they do have the 'Bart loses his virginity' storyline, and they fill it with swearing just to sound cool.

I really don't think this is gonna be anything special, going by how other cartoon series that have turned into films have flopped.

Not really excited. Unless it turns out to be good. ::shrug:

Whoop de doo, more Simpsons, like there isn't enough already, i mean, "doh" hasn't got old yet ¬_¬

Whoop de doo, more Simpsons, like there isn't enough already, i mean, "doh" hasn't got old yet ¬_¬

Its about as old as obligatory complaining about the simpsons :p

Didn't they already do a story like that in the episode "Future-Drama"?

As a huge Simpsons fan, I'm obviously incredibly excited about the prospect of a movie, but when you look at the quality of the episodes they've been churning out in recent years, is this really something to look forward to?

And quite frankly, the Bart losing his virginity thing is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The Simpsons, at least in its heyday, was a family show, with jokes on a number of levels that could appeal to all ages. 'Edgier' storylines like this, and needless swearing, is not something I would like to see, and would take the show to a new low :(

Apparently the recent series in America is better than some of the last few.

Apparently the recent series in America is better than some of the last few.

Yeah, I've heard that. Anyone know when Sky will be showing it? Still, I kind of wish they'd ended it around season 8/9.

Yeah, I've heard that. Anyone know when Sky will be showing it? Still, I kind of wish they'd ended it around season 8/9.

If you're referring to Season 17, I believe its already being shown. Its pretty good, just not very memorable or quotable.

EDIT: Yeah, its on. see herel

I don't think I'll care much for this movie. Especially if it's like the Family Guy movie (not bad, but really, not that great. Also, they could've just left out the swearing).

Bart losing his virginity, oh yawn. It's hardly "Simpsons" either.

I don't think Simpsons is actually suited for a movie. Normally it has short stories of what stupid things the family does, but maybe it will help if it's set in the future as stated somewhere above.

Still I also think Bart losing his virginity is not really Simpsons style.

I'd like to see it but i can imagine it being rubbish the last few seasons IMO haven't been that great they seem to be running out of ideas but it could turn out to be great! we shall see......

Yeah, this most recent season in the US has had some incredibly funny episodes. Some i was holding my sides due to the laughter.

Hope you guys enjoy them, when they finally hit UK shores.

Sign in to follow this