NEurope
mario114

xbox portable

Ok, we all heard about the tablet pc, which was shown playing halo etc. but what do you make of this:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188519,00.html

(posted on the news site yesterday)

Also on gamesradar.co.uk

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox/game/news/article.jsp?releaseId=&articleId=2006032195712421032&sectionId=1006

Edit:Note the site isn't consuffing this with the origami as the published info on that 10 days before this.

-Soz if this has been done before

"would pack enough tech to be able to play Xbox games" -Sounds great, i though the psp was good, but xbox games on the move, it doesn't say what form of data storage it would use, it's unlikaly it will play xbox disks, will they go for umd style storage or game carts or even small disks?

aye iv read alot about this lately, its all over the web

we will just have to wait and see what happens...

Even if it's true, I'm not buying one; happy with my DS..

I hope it's not true, Microsoft should stay in the home market, the portable console market is small for 3 companies to explore it, it already expanded a lot since the PSP launched, the market is not prepared...

I think a microsoft handheld at this time will be a failure, but hey, they have the money to loose (but I hope they really decide against it)

mind you that lately everything seems to be a PSP competitor... cell phones with 3D GPU's, PDA's, Ipod Video... where they aren't... Microsoft might be planning a Ipod killer with some games built in and downloadable from Xbox live or something and it's already "OMG a PSP/DS Killer!!!"

EDIT: -8:30 PM- seems like there are images already:

instory14qe.jpg

instory24og.jpg

hmmm... touch screen... I'm not liking this, at all... :/ but it seems like it's running windows, might be just a PDA or something.

Arn't they just picks of the origami, the tablet pc which microsoft is making. (though i havn't seen the bottom ones before, but there is a few versions of the origami, so i'm guessing it just anouther style).

i'd like to see this come to the market - just to see micrsoft suffer - and I bet it would cost some ridiculous price.

i'd like to see this come to the market - just to see micrsoft suffer - and I bet it would cost some ridiculous price.
I think it's just a PDA to be honest, maybe a little on the Zodiac and GPX2 side but...

but if it is a console aimed at PSP and DS I hope it fails miserably

Microsoft don't have much to gain I think. The PSP is kind of a success but the handheld market is pretty much saturated now. The have probably forgot about the GBA2 by the sound of it.