NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Restrain me from smashing my router

right, i have a crappy belkin router, its crap because 5 metres away from it gives a weak signal. thats not the point

when im on my laptop everything is fine, then if my mum goes on the pc, thats when things tend to go fucked.

it may be fine, but after a while one of us gets disconnected and cant reconnect, this means i have to go downstairs and restart the router, it really pisses me off.

what do i do.

i have recipe take 1 hammer add 3 swift bashes and the result will be a healthy happy glow.

Next step go down to PC world and get a better router.

I have problems like this with my router. We can have 3 on ours before we get problems and I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do is upgrade your hardware :wtf:

damn it, i was thinking of getting the belkin pre-n routers. coz these ones suck, i cant buy at the moment, after summer more like:'(

Destroy it (remembering to video and post the results), then buy yourself a Netgear DG834G.

;-)

Destroy it (remembering to video and post the results), then buy yourself a Netgear DG834G.

;-)

After giving back a Belkin router, I precisely did just that and picked up that Netgear router. But it still aint solved my wireless interent blues. Still can't get the network to be set up. It worked for about a week and a half and then it stopped working on me for some random reason.

I've had enough of wireless networking. It pisses me off so much....mainly cos its such a hassle to set up.....:nono:

Ugrade the firmware if it isn't the latest version. If it is search the net if other people have the problem and see what they have sone about it. Reverting to a previous firmware might also work.

I've had enough of wireless networking. It pisses me off so much....mainly cos its such a hassle to set up.....:nono:
To be honest it's really overrated. I actually have the non-wireless version of that Netgear router and it's fantastic. I shudder to think how unstable my net connection would be right now without 15 metres of cable between my rig and the r00ter.

To be honest it's really overrated. I actually have the non-wireless version of that Netgear router and it's fantastic. I shudder to think how unstable my net connection would be right now without 15 metres of cable between my rig and the r00ter.

i agree, but there is no other way:(

I had a little trouble with mine at the beginning and I'ev had to swap around wireless channels a couple of times but now i've found the one wireless channel that doesn't have any interference and the only lock ups I get is due to too many P2P connections and using too much bandwidth it can my overall connection.

i have a wireless router. i have 2 pc's on it. i am trying to network them but cant even get them to recognise each other. it is really pissing me off.

So that's why one of my housemates bought an Xbox 360, plugged it into a wireless network adapter which he used to use with his PS2, and it worked instantly with no setting changes?

Things don't have to be hassle, you just have to know what you're doing so you set it up right in the first place.

Some things that usually get overlooked when building a wireless network:

1. If you live in a block of flats, or you have lots of other people living around you, you should ask them if they are using wireless networking. Then make an agreement on what channels you'll use. And you won't get interference from one another.

2. Antenna polarization. It matters what direction your antenna is pointing. If the access points(usually the router) antenna is horizontal, but the clients (e.g wifi PCI- card) antenna is vertical. You will have a very bad/broken connection. Even from short distances.

Sign in to follow this