NEurope
Retro_Link

Pokemon Revolution!? (merged with the 'what would you like to see thread')

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4763

The creator of Pokemon, Tsunekazu Ishihara, has been chit chatting of late about a certain console called the Nintendo Revolution:

"We're considering many plans for the Revolution. However, there are still areas of the Revolution itself that have not been seen, so we'd like to coordinate with Nintendo's movements."

So it seems that Pokemon is heading to the Revolution. And a proper inhouse game at that and not a Colleseum esque job of handing the liscence out.

This also points to the often rumoured hidden features...let the speculation begin!

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/696/696754p1.html

March 17, 2006 - Pokemon recently saw its 10th anniversary over in Japan (Red and Green hit the Game Boy on 2/27/2996), and to celebrate, the editors of Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine conducted an interview with series father and president of the Pokemon company, Tsunekazu Ishihara.

Much of the interview had Ishihara recount the creation of the series, but one section is of great concern to those looking forward to Nintendo's Revolution console. When asked if the new hardware will allow for new ideas from his company, Ishihara said: "We're considering many plans for the Revolution. However, there are still areas of the Revolution itself that have not been seen, so we'd like to coordinate with Nintendo's movements."

Ishihara's comment suggests that Revolution will get Pokemon in some compacity. More than that, though, it suggests that there are still some secrets to the hardware, which is something that Nintendo representatives have been hinting at for some time now.

Let's hope GDC or E3 shed more light on the matter.

So it seems there may be an actual Pokemon Adventure in the works for Revolution!! Great news!!

and further confirmation of yet more Revolutionary aspects!!

(Red and Green hit the Game Boy on 2/27/2996)

wow pokemon must be so goo d in the future that they brought it back in time(sorry im not good at this type of thing, typo i know)

id love for it to be a MMORPG. you can trael aroudn with friends and battle other trainers on the way. make a crew etc. it would be awesome i think

Throwing the Pokeball to Capture or release a Pokemon to battle sounds like it'll be cool....Ok it doesn't usde the controller to it's potential but I want it to be one of the features >> along with Online Capabilities

This is the least news like news ever

In an interview a while back they said they were thinking about how to use Pokemon on the Revolution...and this just says the same thing lol

Who's betting its gonna be another Genius Sonority piece of crap? I've lost all faith in that company, the only good thing about Collosseum was Ho-Oh, im yet to play XD but it looks incredibly familiar...

XD is MUCH better than Colosseum so don't judge that until you play it

However, there are still areas of the Revolution itself that have not been seen, so we'd like to coordinate with Nintendo's movements.

I wouldnt read too much into this, its more likely to be something software based rather then hardware, such as Nintendo's yet unannounced online plans.

A Pokemon title would sell well on any console, i for one am looking forward to the DS games that will be coming out and i think those games (Diamond and Pearl) will tell us what features Nintendo are willing to use, such as how far they will go online with it. Online is good, but making a game into an MMO just wont work, it needs to be offline aswell as online, people need to have that option.

If they were gonna put Pokemon onto the Revolution it would have to something very different, as the gap between the capabilities of the handheld and the home system is a lot smaller than ever before.

Before using Pokemon on the N64 and GC was all about seeing your Pokemon in 3D, the DS is capable of producing 3D so it would be very likely Diamond/Pearl would be in 3D.

Both Rev and DS can go online, and it would be stupid of them to not include this feature in the DS games.

So i don't see much advantage to having it on Rev aswell as DS other than using the controller to pretend like your actually throwing a pokeball, or perhaps having moves selected by performing certain movements?

I think Pokemon Revo is fairly inevitable, and I'm sure the Nintendo boffins will come up with a fresh idea for the franchise. Don't forget it doesn't HAVE to use the FHC.

I stopped playing Pokeman after Gold and Silver. I bought Gold and I racked up over 80 hours on that baby. If a good online game came out, I would definanly conside returing to the franchise. Even though there would be like 500 Pokemen.

It wouldnt surprise me if the DS games linked up to a Rev version of pokemon (wirelessly of course), maybe using the DS as a controller or view finder as well as a means to trade pokemon.

But what i dont like about the pokemon franchise is the inclusion of more and more pokemon, the original games (red, blue, yellow, green) were amazing and realy enjoyable to play, and it was actualy fun trying to catch all 150 (or 151) pokemon. I lost interest when they started adding more and more pokemon into the newer games as well as different types, i found the original games easy to understand and play, yet i found the newer games more confusing due to the extra pokemon and extra types.

I support a mass culling of pokemon!

So i don't see much advantage to having it on Rev aswell as DS other than using the controller to pretend like your actually throwing a pokeball, or perhaps having moves selected by performing certain movements?

Errm, six words.....MMORPG!!!

And minigames maybe?

(PLEASE Nintendo/Creatures/whoever/whatever)

i just thought if no one else has thought of it, the ds could link up with the rev and the ds could act as a pokedex while on your travels in your game. if its online it could act as a friend list saver or something, and you could read information about other people on your 'pokeds'

then link it up to your pc via the dongle or router, and download the information from your ds onto your pc, like Tony Hawks does with the griffiti etc.

you could have your own personal page on the internet, like tony hawks' page, where you can look and check your 'pokeds' information.

i think to get it to work you could just have the download play on the ds to do it, and like when you download demos of games the information is lost if you turn off. then all you do is in the "demo" you choose download from a meu and download your information onto your pc.

or they could possibly supply a blank GBA cart or ds cart specifically used for saving data on like that so you can save it onto there instead to your pc. however the pc idea is better imo

not bad from me in just 5 minutes hehe :p

i just thought of something else. if you havea friend round (or maybe more depending on how mulitplayer workd son the game ut ill explain 2 player for now) you could each have a ds, and like say taking a penalty on pro evo or something you dont want the other person to see where your going, this could be the same as pokemon, you choose on your ds what move to use, and your friend doesnt know. it should have more than 4 moves like in the other games, i didnt like that part just having 4 moves. you should have a full list on your ds with all the moves. then on the top screen whatever move you have highlighted itll exaplin what its good against and what it does etc.

ithis could be a good way to play mulitplayer.

then in my head comes another idea. you coulduse the ds to move and to select moves like i explained in multiplayer. you can use the ds pad to move around, the a,b,x,y to do stuff.

this is just a dream for me.

Errm, six words.....MMORPG!!!

And minigames maybe?

(PLEASE Nintendo/Creatures/whoever/whatever)

But couldn't that be done with the DS online abilities anyway?

Like a few others have said i too have been dissapointed with this generation of Pokemon (GBA, GC), in my view Gold/Silver/Crystal were the perfection of Pokemon so far. I like the new pokemon indtroduced in that and the two new types which helped create more balance among the types (before Dark type Psycic Types torn through everything unfarely). But the new monsters that came with the GBA generation weren't on par with past additions, as well (as mentioned before) they the basics of the game a lot more complicated making it harder to get into. Not to mention the exclusion of the day/night real time feature which was the worst move of all, like taking five steps backwards.

But i'm still hoping the DS games bring things back to where they should be, back to the standard of G/S/C at least, hopefully even above them.

Interestingly the magazine Neo (if you don't know it, it's a mag for Anime, Asian Cinema, Manga, Games etc.) run polls on thier forum every month which go into the next issue of the mag. This month was about Pokemon since it is ten years old now. the question was "Now celebrating its 10th year anniversary, has Pokémon has its day? Yes or No"

Interestingly the result came in at a perfect divid of 50/50

i just thought of something else. if you havea friend round (or maybe more depending on how mulitplayer workd son the game ut ill explain 2 player for now) you could each have a ds, and like say taking a penalty on pro evo or something you dont want the other person to see where your going, this could be the same as pokemon, you choose on your ds what move to use, and your friend doesnt know. it should have more than 4 moves like in the other games, i didnt like that part just having 4 moves. you should have a full list on your ds with all the moves. then on the top screen whatever move you have highlighted itll exaplin what its good against and what it does etc.

ithis could be a good way to play mulitplayer.

then in my head comes another idea. you coulduse the ds to move and to select moves like i explained in multiplayer. you can use the ds pad to move around, the a,b,x,y to do stuff.

this is just a dream for me.

Call me crazy but that sounds a lot like how they already used the GBA-GC link-up?

No....the word Massive in MMORPG stops the DS doing anything of the sort. You do realise the power of it is pathetic?!

Call me crazy but that sounds a lot like how they already used the GBA-GC link-up?

sorry but i ddnt know, ive stopped playing since i got silver. so i dont really know about the GBa ones and linking up.

Interestingly the magazine Neo (if you don't know it, it's a mag for Anime, Asian Cinema, Manga, Games etc.) run polls on thier forum every month which go into the next issue of the mag. This month was about Pokemon since it is ten years old now. the question was "Now celebrating its 10th year anniversary, has Pokémon has its day? Yes or No"

Interestingly the result came in at a perfect divid of 50/50

My girlfriend writes for that magazine, and it was me who came up with that poll question this month. :grin:

I remember having a long discussion about a Pokemon MMORPG a while back on the old forums. In the end we came up with a pretty attractive way of doing things. I can't recall everything, but I recommend you try and find it sometime, there were some really good ideas in there. (BTW i'm under the alias R_Master in the old forums, so if you find the discussion you'll see me in ther)

As for Rev-DS capability, I was kind of hoping they would keep it simple. No DS as a controller thank you, the GBA-GC gimic proved that was crap. If anything you should have a single player game on the DS that allows online battling and the ability to trade, aswell as the ability to roam the world together. Your profile, along with your pokemon, can be transferred to the Rev version. The two versions hold different pokemon - completeley different, since the two worlds will be different, maybe 150 on the DS and 350 on the Rev (the Rev version will be HUGE, after all it is a MMORPG).

XD is MUCH better than Colosseum so don't judge that until you play it

Ah, but I didnt judge in a positive way or a negative way about XD, all I said was it looked incredibly familiar.

My girlfriend writes for that magazine, and it was me who came up with that poll question this month. :grin:

Really who is it, Gemma Cox? (oddly the only name i seem to remember from their team)

Well tell her they put out one great mag:bowdown:

(though there could be a little more game stuff....perhaps you could get her to mention R-E for some reason :p)

Really who is it, Gemma Cox? (oddly the only name i seem to remember from their team)

Well tell her they put out one great mag:bowdown:

(though there could be a little more game stuff....perhaps you could get her to mention R-E for some reason :p)

Yep, it's Gemma. She was pleased to read your comments about the mag, although there are no plans to expand the games section yet (I've been on at her to expand it for ages. ;))

The most important thing in a Pokemon MMO would be the ability to be lots of different things. Everyone being a trainer is just not good enough. Trainer should be like Jedi on StarWars Galaxies.

I think the question of this thread should be:

GOOD Pokemon Rev??? Come on, even red/blue in a 3d first person view would be excelent. That is the game I'm waiting for since the first day I saw Pokemon in a GB. Not just 3d battles with a crap rpg mode (stealing Pokemon??? please.....)

perhaps they could link it with each players animal crossing wild world towns and players could set up a gym in their town:heh:

ok the ac:ww part is stupid, but the idea that players could set up and/or join gyms could be a good idea