NEurope
Stocka

Who's also watching the Miyamato webchat now?

Q: Will you marry me?

"Well first of all I don't want to divorce from my current wife"

lol his laugh

I thought this was supposed to start at 7pm? I was watching it at like 6:45.

Anyway, the interview was pretty poor to be honest. Not only were they waiting ages (just sat there smiling) for the english translator to finish his speel, the question that were asked didnt really reveal a lot. I guess if any non gamers watched it then it would perhaps answer a lot of there questions about Nintendo's pholosphy etc

There was some talk about the new super mario bros, but again nothing new.

Miyamoto comes across as a very humble person, and just looking at him makes me chuckle, he was sporting a white nintendo DS t-shirt, blazer and jeans... Sexay :D

All in all it was a good watch, but is a shame Miyamoto didnt drop another Zelda bomb... but who really expected him too?

What does:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

mean? as i really want to watch it, but media player is playing up.

What a very dull webchat. At least things can only get better for GDC next week..

What annoys me is when he was asked about Nibris and Crossbeam Studios he just avoided the question and went on about hardware development.

AH crap, i knew i was forgetting something, do they keep their webchats on file so people can watch them later?

EDIT: ah found it never mind

What annoys me is when he was asked about Nibris and Crossbeam Studios he just avoided the question and went on about hardware development.
avoided in what way? the way like "that isn't important" like... despising or more like: "it's not the time to talk about details"?

I can undertand if they think it's just not important, Crossbeam never even released a playable demo, let alone a full game. they have to proove themselfes.

He just instantly started talking about development rather than his views of the games.

It was funny how he would have finished talking but the translator hasn't, and one time the translator kept going for like 2 mins extra and Miyamoto-san started just waving his hands for a bit.

They didn't ask any of my questions though:heh:

I enjoyed it. I saw it just because I wanted to see Miyamoto talk again, not to dig top secret info. To me, it wasn't one of those days.

Good ole Miyamoto... :yay: I love the way he carries himself, friendly and modest. It's a cultural thing on one hand, but he has an indescribable chrisma about him. :bowdown: He really enjoys game designing, doesn't he. I think it all comes down to that. No matter how high he goes, in the end he's just good ole Miyamoto designing a game in a small room with pen & paper. Although he may have a bigger room now :D

i dought Miyatomo has even heard of those two development teams. both small, new and never realised a game.

it was good to see him talking and laughing, brings out his personality more.

yeah, he's like that, remember the "nintendo ON"? he said in E3 he heard of it, but never saw it... same with PS3 demos he heard they had good graphics but didn't saw, he's just a hard worker in his projects that's all that matters to him.

He just instantly started talking about development rather than his views of the games.
He did say Nintendo are very supportive of small development studios and the Rev was designed with them in mind because he feels you shouldn't have to have a vast team of developers to be able to create games;

but I doubt he's even heard of those two developers at this stage!

Nothing much of interest in that web chat and I think they wasted alot of question time!!

I could have done without knowing he was rubbish at Mario Kart Online and all about Nintendogs (which has been out for ages) and that he couldn't answer the animal crossing question etc... etc...

It was a wasted opportunity IMO!

anyway to watch it again?
This is where I watched it, it does say you can watch it again;

http://www.webchats.tv/webchat.php?ID=260

I don't think the chat was ever available live, as it said somewhere about it having been filmed earlier in the week.

I didn't expect anything of the webchat and I got exactly what I expected, some useless PR talk, however, I like the more personal questions about his inspirations and things like this.