NEurope
Mokong

Happy St. Patricks Day

Well i guess the title says it all really

So wether you're Irish or not, celebrate it or not, where ever in the world you are i wish you all a

Happy St. Patricks Day

oh and if you're going on a binge i also wish you all the best with your hangover Saturday morning.

Yes, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. Now all the buses and trains will be crowded by Americans and Irish alike!

So far, two things haven't worked out, one, the weather is awful, makes me want to move it to May. and two, my friends screwed up by getting up at 11:45, 15 minutes before the parade. I missed it all thanks to them, and now I'll have to go to the 3:00 one in Bray...on the bus :(

Its my bday today so I can get drunk for a reason! :p

Anyway happy St patricks day guys!

Its my bday today so I can get drunk for a reason! :p

Anyway happy St patricks day guys!

Is your birthday not reason enough to get drunk? (Or did you mean something else?)

I have no freaking idea what St. Patricks Day is but anyway I hope the Patrick bunny comes down the chimney and gives you all a girlfriend/boyfrient and a turkey inside a chocolate egg.

Have a potato on me!

Or something equally stereotypical.

It's friday... I'm a finn... You do the math ;)

Who is this patrick dude anyway? Probably would know him in finnish, but I'm too lazy to look it up...

It's friday... I'm a finn... You do the math ;)

Who is this patrick dude anyway? Probably would know him in finnish, but I'm too lazy to look it up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Patricks_Day

I don't celebrate it, and am not one to just go out and get wasted for the sake of it. I'll drink socially but why make myself sick and feel terrible the next day just for the sake of attempting to look cool. Bah each to their own I guess.

Im a quarter Irish so I'll be celebrating. Im not religious at all but its a rare thing for Christianity to allow debauchery (sp?). And it is possible to drink obscene amounts of alcohol and not have a hangover. Theres a few ways to prevent it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Patricks_Day

I don't celebrate it, and am not one to just go out and get wasted for the sake of it. I'll drink socially but why make myself sick and feel terrible the next day just for the sake of attempting to look cool. Bah each to their own I guess.

Ok thanks for the info :)

Well as it turns out, I got no transportation to town so I'm staying at home. Probably a good thing. Last time I got drunk I had a two-day hungover(and it was in january...), there really isn't anything worse than a jägermeister hungover. I usually drink socially too, but I hadn't got a hungover before.

And I just can't stand beer or cider so it's usually that I drink something that has more alcohol in them.

Have a potato on me!

Or something equally stereotypical.

I heard they're a little short.

I was just messing on Vodafona Live and found this, gave me a good laugh

Being Irish means:

you drink to forget... but forget what you were drinking to forget

At least two of the ten commandments are optional

you swear ... very well

you will be punched for no good reason... a lot

You don't know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing

you can't wait for the other guy to stop talking, so you can start talking

Irish Stew is the euphemism for "boiled leftovers from the fridge" (i'm actually feelin hungry now)

And last but not least...

Being Irish means...

Your attention span is so short that... oh forget it

You remind me of a close friend, as soon as he left school he saw the light. And the reason to get randomly drunk became apparent. One day you'll find this reason ;).

As for Paddys Day. Nay I'm not going out, I don't celebrate it, I'm not Irish in any shape or form. I'm also poor and need my last £20 to get drunk at a party tomorrow.

I still don't understand the whole point of St Patricks day, other than Ireland being in the spotlight for a full 24 hours for no apparent reason. Why don't we have a St Argentina day or something, why is Ireland so important??

Well I didn't celebrate it. Im not Irish and not fond of alcohol so its really not my holiday. Spent it at a friends playing PS2. But happy St Patricks Day (all five minutes thats left) to all Irish forumites.

I still don't understand the whole point of St Patricks day, other than Ireland being in the spotlight for a full 24 hours for no apparent reason. Why don't we have a St Argentina day or something, why is Ireland so important??

If you dont understand the point of St. Patricks day, I wont tell you about St. Georges and independance day...woops...