NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
legend00

BBC's UK Vote: Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony?

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are all hoping they will rule the gaming world when they bring out the next generation of games consoles.

But will Sony continue to dominate, or will Microsoft take over at the top?

Perhaps Nintendo's new approach to gaming will bring them the most success.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4550000/newsid_4556800/4556883.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_4556883

Please Don't Forget Nintendo Revolution :(

Wow, Nintendo's percentage rose from last time i saw it (this morning, when i voted).

Interesting really, it shows Nintendo revolution is NOT at the bottom this time, people are interested. PS3 isnt a suprise to have a lead like that, Fan base and seeing how popular PS2 was, people are going to look forward to the new version.

People should remember that this is bound to change, not many people know a good deal about PS3. All my friends say about PS3 is best graphics. Yes, thats all they know and they are interested...

Do they also know of paying for a frame rate that's far over the limit for your eyes to notice any different too!? or that It'll only play Blu-ray or that it'll cost loads and the games will most likely cost £50.

Anyway...It's good to see that Revo is 2nd on there. Probably because the 360 isnt as great and glamarous as they made it out to be. It seems as though it'll be seen as a 3 horse race rather than 2 this time though.

PS3 is the only one I will defintley buy this generation.

The GC was such a let down.

Revolution is now at 2nd place! Blimey... Mind you, most voters probably don't know about the "at least 425$" price tag of the PS3.

When i saw this i immediately thought, this is BBC kids, not many serious gamers will be voting, just a buncvh of kids who bum their ps2s and think "oh ps3 will obviously be the best"

Interesting for a poll when all the information is released including the prices,then we'll see

Quite surprised at the result really! Revo's doing very well against Sony's PS3!

Lets just hope Nintendo doesn't make the same mistakes like it did with the Gamecube (espicially in Europe). If they don't they could be on to a winner here, espicially at the rumoured £149.99 price it may have (i am right in saying it's £150?). :heh:

:awesome:

Jesus christ Stocka, what actually is that game?

I'd actually be very suprised if all PS3 games didnt look very good, but its early development so later on in all the next-gen consoles life cycles we might see some pretty amazing stuff.

I'd be very surprised if PS3 didn't lead, sales-wise, next generation, as the brand name alone is enough to guarantee that casual gamers will buy it. Still, I voted for Nintendo as that's who I obviously want to win.

Jesus christ Stocka, what actually is that game?

Its Untold Legends(3): Dark Kingdom and IS for PS3.

CBBC viewers represent a bad demographic of people really.. the people who do are probably not the kind of people in the blue ocean.. who played NES grown up with Nintendo and have been penetrated by the cool factor that Microsoft and Sony sell.

Of course Sony will be top.. because kids want to be cool which is what Sony sells.. to some extent.

I like that Revolution is peaking at around 30% of votes.. but end of the day this poll doesn't tell us much because the real gold mine is in the blue ocean.. Maybe if this poll was on the BBC news front page for all the middle aged people who are vaguely intellectual (reading a news site) and would be interested in titles like Brain Training and Nintendogs over what Sony and Microsoft sell.. then maybe Revolution would get a better pitch.

Kids don't truely understand the value of money (of the console) or the ideas of Nintendo's marketing strategy that we and older people can appreciate.. of course kids will buy and love Revolution.

But I don't think this iPod generation will appeal to Nintendo being a gaming machine. They want everything they want it now and they don't care about a great deal else.. obviously i'm generalising slightly but you get where i'm going.

Look at the frickin' date!

Last Updated: Tuesday May 17 2005 17:20 GMT

Crazy how this poll has resurfaced and most Nintendo news sites are posting it up as hot new news. And anyway, NewsRound is for the >12 so i doubt this means much anyway...

I mean take this article I found on their website "The average age of the UK gamer is 28, which might be higher than you thought! Strangely, 51% of the 36 to 50s play games, and that number is growing." Obviously this website/show is aimed at a very young demographic

strange, that screenshot to me doesnt look as nice as the UE3 screenshots

anyone else wonder if Sony realise that their driving the console market towards the PC (which for them could be very dangerous)?

It isn't a fix I voted :P and yes I voted for revolution! and ps3 is just going to turn out like xbox 360. I know alot of people who have taken back xbox 360's and went and bought a ds. My mate is considering selling hes psp for a gc! :o lol I said go for it as he knows I hate sony :P

Revolution is now at 2nd place! Blimey... Mind you, most voters probably don't know about the "at least 425$" price tag of the PS3.

I agree it's a cbbc site, i can't see that many kids getting hold of such an expensive console, it will be intresting to see the final Uk price of the ps3.

Its still an audience remember? Although only 15,000 have voted, thats still a few thousand in Nintendo's audience.

This is actually pretty impressive, the only piece of decent information we have is 9th of may and what the controller is. Thats it. And people still vote for Nintendo?

Its a small step for Nintendo, but its a step, remember that.

Revolution is now at 38% while PS3 is at 44%

Sign in to follow this