NEurope
david.dakota

F Zero GX - Have you unlocked the AX tracks?

The first mission is more about memorizing a path to take and wich of those things to catch in each lap. Time is not the problem i think, as long as you go all "nitro crazy" trough all the mission you should be fine.

Nando, Ive wiped out almost all the field in GX when I put my mind to it - though Im yet to avail with the Master difficulty.

In F-Zero X Ive wiped out the entire field on quite a few occasions, its quite a nice feeling.

I may try that 50Hz tip the next time I feel like resuming my F-Zero challenge.

..cool.. I had the AX tracks unlocked ages ago and they were absolutely great! ..but then I tried to build my own custom machine with a liverpool crest emblem on it that I spent ages making.. and it corrupted all the f-zero data on my memory card and I lost the tracks.. and now I can't do the diamond cup on master because I don't play the game enough now to be good enough to beat it.. and I just want the tracks back *huffs*

I don't know what I'd do if my F-Zero data ever got corrupted. It's great being able to keep backup copies of other games; I really wish I could make one of this.

It's nice to see F-Zero GX is still popular. :)

I've knocked 22 on a firefield I think. Only thing left is the first mission on very hard. I don't see how the is it even possible...

Here's a map of the route I took for Chapter 1 Very Hard:

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8798/falcontrainsvh6cv.jpg

With this strat you get the hardest part out of the way in lap 1. A Quick Turn at the beginning and the end of the groups of 3 capsules is the easiest and quickest way of taking them out.

For everyone that says the game is too hard, learn to use Quick Turns instead of holding down a single shoulder button to turn. It is far more efficient, and you hardly lose any speed compared to strafing. ;)

I think I've completed everything on it on hard. It's such a good game, one of the best single-player (multiplayer sucks - screen is too small) on the GC I think.

I think I've completed everything on it on hard. It's such a good game, one of the best single-player (multiplayer sucks - screen is too small) on the GC I think.

Multiplayer owns for this game. I've played it on a widescreen, and i had no problems with it. However, i've always been a fan of splitscreen.

This game is really amazing. Trouble is, i'm at uni and my cube is at home. When next year comes around, i'm going to take my cube with me and try to unlock everything damn thing on this game. It is one of the hardest racing games i've ever played, in my opinion.

Multiplayer owns for this game. I've played it on a widescreen, and i had no problems with it. However, i've always been a fan of splitscreen.

Split screen is usually fine, but on F-Zero you actually need to be able to see things bigger. My 14 incher just isn't big enough ;)

Split screen is usually fine, but on F-Zero you actually need to be able to see things bigger. My 14 incher just isn't big enough ;)

Only problem i have with multiplayer is the human opponents.

i feel like a really bad gamer! i havent even touched hard on f zero yet i've had it for two years!

it is ridiculously hard but i will unlock those bloody AX tracks before the end of this year!!!

i will prove my gaming skills mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

i feel like a really bad gamer! i havent even touched hard on f zero yet i've had it for two years!

it is ridiculously hard but i will unlock those bloody AX tracks before the end of this year!!!

i will prove my gaming skills mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

You wont regret it, its one of the best games on the GC.

i'll keep updating here as i do it! starting tomorrow its not gonna leave my gc!!!

i will succeed!!!! grrrrrr

I am about to buy this game, but the US NTSC version. Does it work with Freeloader 1.06B? I know of the Japanese version that does not display text properly.

Had this game since it came out, and I've still not completed it. I'm still trying to unlock the AX tracks. At the moment, my strategy is to try and knock off my closest opponents, but it's so hard. :(

The first mission is more about memorizing a path to take and wich of those things to catch in each lap. Time is not the problem i think, as long as you go all "nitro crazy" trough all the mission you should be fine.

I've tried that level so many times and it's so impossible :(

Finally completed it. Unlocked all the tracks, and completed them on Master, and done the story mode. It's taken since December 2003 to do it, but it's done. :)

the game isnt that hard. You need to customise your car. Make it extremely weak body, fast engines and medium control. It will be VERY sensitive, but extremely fast and you will get used to it soon. Then its quite straight forward to win the races..

The AX tracks are better graphics but aren't as good as the original ones in general in my opinion.

All i need to do is chapters 7 & 8 on very hard. I've tried so many times but its just too frustrating. I hvae done chapters 1 and 5 though which i am very chuffed about (my time for chapter 5 is 40.075 seconds but i still made it though the door in time!)

Having been inspired by this thread , I decided to pick this again after failing dismally to unlock everything. Trouble is , I am still failing.

Really struggling on Master , even with a custom racer , and don't get me started on the Story Mode , I can't even get through Level 3 on that.

In summary , my ability on this game is very , very bad.

The key is to destroy all of your rivals with the barge attack. Master that, and you're half way there..

I got it the day it came out, but im having trouble with it...I use pico who is pretty much a newbie character, and hes a bit slow, does anyone have any reccomendations for who else to use?? I think I'll complete it over the summer holidays...

I got it the day it came out, but im having trouble with it...I use pico who is pretty much a newbie character, and hes a bit slow, does anyone have any reccomendations for who else to use?? I think I'll complete it over the summer holidays...

Use deep claw (octoman). I usually set the ratio to 100%max speed. Hes not the fastest but his boost is good and he has exceptional turning. I can beat the field by simply taking the best line.

Alright, cool, I'll try that...actually, I shouldn't even be on here...got English Lit AS exam tomorrow!! AAAH!! :eek:

Edit: Tried Deep Claw (B.B.C) but hes not as good as Pico (A.B.C), who I'll be sticking with...

Also, In my opinion, Sega seriously messed up the music for GX, Techno?? WTF? I somehow doubt F-Zero's key demographic is chavs. F-Zero had such cool 80's power metal style guitar riffs and solos, with some awesome drumming to go behind it, but they've just turned Mute City into crap...Fire Field still has a pretty cool guitar track, but nothing really competes with F-Zero X's Mute City...man it's so awesome...

The Bard speaks true on the music topic. If you love F-Zero music Id suggest you should give GP Legend a go on GBA, there are tunes from the Snes and all in there, great stuff!

(And all the best for that AS Level - Eng Lit shouldnt be a problem, I managed to get an A in it at A Level without feeling like I really tried!)