NEurope
1UP

Breaking News: PS3 delayed until November!

Yay, that's good news for me, that'll give me

more time to get the money for the ps3 and a HDTV.

Many awesome ps2 titles are yet to come,

we don't need a ps3 yet anyway :p

People keep saying its been delayed, to me its been bought forward. I was anticipating another twelve months.

Same here, i was under the impression it wouldnt arrive till after Revolution, maybe Christmas or soon after in 2007. This is bad news for Nintendo, they cant let the mind-numb PS3 fanbase take focus off of their limelight.

Would Nintendo dare release Revolution at around the same time? If they want to get it out before Christmas I guess they'll release it Sept-Oct.. though i'm willing to bet on a staggered release with us in Europe getting it in 2007.

Delayed?! I was expecting March 2007. Anyway Novembers a good month really. Nintendo need to make an announcment like this as soon as possible and i wouldn't go head-to-head with Sony if i was them! (even if the PS3 costs like £400).

Thankfully my brother wants a PS3 so all i need to worry about is what launch games tickle my fancy, hopefully they will appeal to me more then most of the PS2 titles have.

Oh and ''theguyfromsparks'' Nintendo wouldn't dare release the Revolution in 2007 in Europe, thats taking a HUGE risk. I reckon a Worldwide September 2006 release now! :awesome:

If you saw the press conference, ITS A WORLD WIDE LAUNCH IN NOVEMBER. They even said they would realease 1,000,000 PS3's a month, thats 50,000 a day. IMPOSSIBLE. M$ has much more money, and they couldn't even do that.

Camera add-on for PSP, updated web-browsers, and downloadable PS1 games.

If you saw the press conference, ITS A WORLD WIDE LAUNCH IN NOVEMBER. They even said they would realease 1,000,000 PS3's a month, thats 50,000 a day. IMPOSSIBLE. M$ has much more money, and they couldn't even do that.

Camera add-on for PSP, updated web-browsers, and downloadable PS1 games.

Was that aimed at me? I know it's out November? I was just saying i was expecting it March 2007, not November. :smile:

So do you reckon there will be worser shortages then Xbox360? :shakehead

Yeh, I had the impression that the PS3 was actually bought forward, not delayed. I still find it very hard to think that it will actually make the release in Nov, they've hardly released any info or details at all.

I really hope that they take their time with the machine and makes sure that it knocks the pants off the X360. Please Sony, don't do a Microsoft and launch the machine with hardly any units available or triple A games to launch it with.

I still want some more details on it.....E3 probably....:wtf::indeed:

Is it me, or is Sony heading full steam at Nintendo?

They've now aimed at the launch window Nintendo was aiming at, this kinda worries me, Sony does have the power to steal Nintendo's thunder.

But, there are weak points about the PS3 now, it sounds more expensive than ever, and the fact that they say a HDD is required, makes it sound like its going to be a power house rather than aiming at a gaming audience.

Is it me, or is Sony heading full steam at Nintendo?

They've now aimed at the launch window Nintendo was aiming at, this kinda worries me, Sony does have the power to steal Nintendo's thunder.

But, there are weak points about the PS3 now, it sounds more expensive than ever, and the fact that they say a HDD is required, makes it sound like its going to be a power house rather than aiming at a gaming audience.

Your right, Sony is actually getting scared of Nintendo's Revolution, even though they won't admit that!

I reckon Nintendo are in talks now to get the Revolution released earlier! (by a couple of months) i have a feeling Nintendo are really far-ahead in development with alot of the stuff etc..they seem very calm, they are given details bit by bit. I know for a fact most of the launch titles are near completion. They know what they are doing, believe me.

Nintendo isn't going down with a fight this next-gen, oh no.....

Will Nintendo's Revolution beat Sony's PS3? I'm not sure, but i can tell you now which ones deserves the crown and thats not because i'm a fan it's because i prefer innovation.

:awesome:

makes it sound like its going to be a power house rather than aiming at a gaming audience.

He has been quoted saying he never implied the PS3 is/should be seen as a gaming console, that it is more appropiately seen as a multimedia deliverance.

I hope the backward games are upscaled to 720p, so when I get a HDTV in the future I can cream on Okami in 720p, hmmmm lovely.

He has been quoted saying he never implied the PS3 is/should be seen as a gaming console, that it is more appropiately seen as a multimedia deliverance.

Your right about that, but he didnt imply it on the PS3, he said it about the playstation brand. So according to him, people were buying PS1 and PS2 mainly for the CD/DVD player... and games being a little feature. Bull.