NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

PS3 to Stream/download PS1/2 games?

would take ages to download an PS2 game tho, compared to an NES game

bad move if they do this imo

Bad move,games will take agaes to load and take up a lot of memory to save games to,it will be a flop like the rest of the PS3 and Sony deserved getting sued

Man there's some PS2 games around as large as 7GB, I don't think many would bother with this.

Sony hating is as rife as ever, its always nice for us to have something other than the downfall of Nintendo and all that to continually discuss.

Sony will be ok, arent they richer than rich? Besides, Ive never owned one, and cant see myself getting the third edition either. Ive survived this long with Nintendo... plus, the Revolution Virtual Console will be better, nostalgia is better than a few games that are like... current.

Bad move,games will take agaes to load and take up a lot of memory to save games to,it will be a flop like the rest of the PS3 and Sony deserved getting sued

Considering Sony releasing a alleged 1 tera byte Hdd, i do not see the problems of saving the ps2 games

Sony will be ok, arent they richer than rich?

Losing money hand over fist last I heard.

Aye, only thing really keeping Sony afloat is the Playstation brand. All other depts are screwed. They scrapped their AIBO and palmtop PC's and the VIVO might go next.

Apparently Sony are riding everything on the PS3 seeing as their other sectors aren't doing too well.

Does anyone have the link(s) that show Sony are losing money and are in trouble. That would be great Thnx.

In other news PS3 will have a controller similar to a tv remote that detecs movement, a self loading disk drive and swappable faceplates. It's a revolution!

I can't see this working. Ok, the PSX and PS2 games would be streamed, but, it would be extremly annoying to be playing, say, Gran turismo 4, then, in the middle of the race, it suddenly stops, because more data needs to be streamed in. You wait and wait, and eventually, go to the bog. When you get back, you discover you lost the race because the necesary data had been streamed.

I think perhaps Sony should focus on actually releasing this console. Theres already talks of it being too much, (causing TVs to blow up apparently but I don't really believe that) and its going to cost so much. I know this would just ride on the back of the internet connection that will come with, but its going to delay the console even further. I mean at this rate they may not get it out for Spring like they keep saying.

To add to the flaming of Sony I heard that one of the developers of Heavenly Sword said he 'absolutely hates' developing for the PS3 and is thinking of quiting. In fact I've heard many reports from developers how Xbox 360 is so much easier to develop for than PS3.

Also about being able to download PS2 games, that will either be impossible to do well on PS3 or impossible to do at all.

I honestly can't see Sony lasting for much longer, they've been making so many stupid mistakes recently, they don't stop to think what this is doing to their company.

Yet they still stay number 1, they don't even have to lower the price of the PS2 because it is still selling so well and I fully understand why. The system has such an awesome selection of games.

Considering Sony releasing a alleged 1 tera byte Hdd, i do not see the problems of saving the ps2 games

I think your find it's ganna be 60gb, and all ps3 games will need it to work

Source- gamespot.com

Does anyone have the link(s) that show Sony are losing money and are in trouble. That would be great Thnx.

There was an aritlce about them lossing money and laying off over 10,000 jobs, in the inderpendant a few months back.

When i read about this i was shocked, i hadnt thought of the difficulties and size of PSone and PS2 games to be downloaded and streamed thogh, that makes it all seem like a big hassle just to try and level suit with Nintendo. Makes me feel better!

I wont be getting a PS3, not merely as id never be able to afford one but i just plain dont like Sony and never have been overly interested in the PS bar the odd title.

I don't see the problem with most PSX games being online, I mean the 360 demos, some of them range to 1GB, most PSX games were 1 disc, so that's like 650mb. :)

Anouther point, when they say ps1 and ps2 games, I prosume they will require the permission of other companys to use their games, that got me thinking how many 1st party sony games are there?-not that many.

Sign in to follow this