NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

.mp3 > .ogg

Why though? Mp3 is a much better format especially at higher bit rates. But if you really wanted to, i use Goldwave for all my audio converting crap.

Thats grand, thanks for the help. Total linux n00b, but i refuse to use windows more than i have to :P

Why though? Mp3 is a much better format especially at higher bit rates. But if you really wanted to, i use Goldwave for all my audio converting crap.

Especially at higher bitrates? At higher bitrates there is little difference between any codec and I, like Blackfox, find ogg to be better at lower bitrates.

Audacity can open ogg files. I would save them as a wav and then run them through LAME. But you're going to lose some quality along the way.

I usually copy stuff at 192kbps or variable. I don't use OGG simply because its an arse to tag and winamp takes ages reading them.

Odwin hates me :( everything i seem to type he has something nasty to say! :(

Yeah, i figured i'd lose some quality with conversion. Glorified dinner ladies do have their uses then :D thanks a lot.

Odwin hates me :( everything i seem to type he has something nasty to say! :(

Its not just Odwin, its everyone.

I don't understand why your title says .mp3s is better than .ogg but then you want to convert them :hmm:

I don't understand why your title says .mp3s is better than .ogg but then you want to convert them :hmm:

The thread title is ".mp3 to .ogg".

Actually ogg's are better than mp3's They give the same quality with smaller file size.

Sign in to follow this