NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album!

I think the Album is fantastic. A great listen, this is going to be a buy for me for sure.

Ive heard the album and its shit. 20 songs of bland pretentious rock. 3 songs that are average Chilis songs and 2 rather good chilis songs. Not enough funk very disapointing im not even sure I want to see them in June now thats how disapointed I am with it and I wasnt even expecting much.

Ok, lets have no more talk about torrents, please. If you really want the album, wait and buy it.

Yes, but it's so tempting to hear the entire thing first. It's like having a big Christmas present in November, just sitting on your desk, cloaked in some sort of tamper-proof wrapping paper, and about once a week the package gets a little bigger and more enticing. But in this case, it never gets bigger.

25 great songs. 3 so-so songs.

I'd reccomend it.

Hey, need some help here.

I want to go to the concert.

How much does the Tickets cost?

I was searching in the web and I saw ones but were stupidly expensive(95.00

I've found others but are seated tickets and I want standing.

...help.

If the Chilli's have jumped on the hate George Bush band wagon then I've lost some respect for them.

Ive heard the album and its shit. 20 songs of bland pretentious rock. 3 songs that are average Chilis songs and 2 rather good chilis songs. Not enough funk very disapointing im not even sure I want to see them in June now thats how disapointed I am with it and I wasnt even expecting much.

Agreed. It's the most generic, unchallenging record I've heard all year. In a word, mediocre.

I'm guessing you guys aren't hardcore Chilli Peppers fans.

I'm not, but this is miles better than most of the rubbish in the charts nowadays.

I used to be, but more the old stuff really. Any song off Blood Sugar Sex Magick > Stadium Arcadium. Basically I prefer the old funky chilis not the bland average rock band they have become.

Mr. Beast, Gnarls Barkley, Muse, Radiohead, Kanye. so much more.

Good year for music 2006 will be.

I got Mr.Beast. Not too impressed to be honest, despite some good reviews I just found it didn't hold my attention for long enough

Strange, I can't find Kill For Your Country :S

I was also listening to Desecration Smile, and they've removed and changed all the good parts of the song. The bridge is terrible.

If hardcore equates to praising everything the band puts out, then no. I'm with Noodleman, I preferred them when they were a funk rock band.

From Flea's comments prior to its release, I was expecting a funk record. What we've got instead is the sound of a band struggling for direction. While on one hand, they've attempted to return to their roots by funking things up a little, it's totally counter-balanced by their insistance to 'rock out', and the result is a record every bit as dull as its cover. Frusciante needs to lay off his damn distortion pedals for awhile.

Hey, need some help here.

I want to go to the concert.

How much does the Tickets cost?

I was searching in the web and I saw ones but were stupidly expensive(95.00

I've found others but are seated tickets and I want standing.

...help.

The standard price is expensive, 40 quid... and that's without booking fees and postage! I'd love to see them, but there's no way I'm paying that much! Still, if you're desperate, here you go:

See tickets:

http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=RED+HOT+CHILI+PEPPERS&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see

Aloud:

http://www.aloud.com/cgi-bin/aloud/search.pl?artist=red%20hot%20chili%20peppers&perpage=25&orderby=date&searchtype=exact&e_artist=The%20Red%20Hot%20Chili%20Peppers

And as for hearing the album early, I'd rather wait ta - don't wanna spoil it.

My "review" of the album:

Awesome songs:

Charlie

Stadium Arcadium

She's Only 18

Slow Cheetah (I love the ending)

Torture Me

Wet Sand

Hey

Ready Made

Especially In Michigan

Animal Bar

Good songs:

Dani California

Snow (Hey Oh)

Hump De Bump

Strip My Mind

C'mon Girl

Desecration Smile

Tell Me Baby

21st Century

If

Made You Feel Better

So Much I

We Believe

Mediocre Songs:

Hard To Concentrate

She Looks To Me

Storm In A Teacup

Death Of A Martian

Warlocks

Turn It Again

A few "funk" elements are sprinkled in a few songs, but that's about it. They also removed what I believe was the best song in the entire album: Kill For Your Country

You can go listen to it on Vh1.com for now.

Its alot of the different styles mixed together, Theres the funk from the old and "by the way" calmness.... ive aquired most of the songs and theres nothing really to shout about, not very outstandingly amazing but good either way.

It's not bad overall. They should have just released a 1CD with all the good and half decent tracks instead.

Sign in to follow this