NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Forum Updates & Add-Ons

Over the next few days I'll be adding small bits to the forum, all of which I will report about here.

So far not much has been done. If you now click the Search button in the navigation bar you can search for a member, its a bit easier than using the Members List if you knwo who you're looking for.

Also for the main forum scheme I have changed the header to reflect the site's current header because everyone loves the Lite. Also made it so that stickies are seperated from other threads, but the final decision hasn't been made about whether that staying. If it does I'll add it to t'other schemes.

In a day or two the forum will go down for an upgrade, but need to sort some stuff out first.

: peace:

Lots of new things in the last day or two.

Main Forum Upgrade

Seems to be a lot of stuff for mods/admins, can't really see how its changed all too much for members. The main change is if you click the edit button on your post it turns your post into an edit box. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

Add-ons

Lots and lots of add-ons. They are:

* If your thread is moved you get an automated PM informing you.

* On the left of posts you will see this: pmquote.gif If you click it you will quote that message in a PM to the person who wrote it (will work on a snazzier image later)

* If its your birthday a little birthday cake icon will appear next to that quote button.

* Doubleposts are automatically merged

* Signatures that are over the size limit are automatically cut off (theres a bit of leeway - for now)

* Members with fewer than 15 posts will not be able to post links or images, which should stop some one-post advertising.

Will probably add some other stuff later, but for now im off to watch Scrubs. Any questions about the updates you can ask here. Any complaints, sod off :p

could you make certain threads (the envelope thing)a different colour (green) if it has a 5 star rating or has over 100 posts or something? that would be cool

Probably. For the next few days im going to try and just fix errors and such, and then take some time to concentrate on my other forums. In a few weeks I'll come back and tidy up stuff here. Can you repost this in suggestions cause I'll look there when fixing things in a while.

The "read last post" is pretty useless, I sometimes mistake it for the thread title when browsing. Also, the little "minimize" button above the reply box. I think it's useless as well.

Thanks for adding the BBcode helpers in quick reply, though. Almost beats going to advanced. Could be better if we could quick reply with quotes.

Huzzah for replacements!

All of those things are beyong my control, they're stuff done by vBulletin. Plus the read last post and minimize buttons have been there all along.

I wasn't talking about the "read last post" button, I was talking about the hyperlink: "See latest post" next to thread titles.

Care to screengrab because I've tried all schemes and two browsers and nto seeing "See latest post", only the firstnew.gif button.

The style changer drop down menu at the bottom of the forum is finally working again now that I've tinkered with it.

Also got rid of the " />" that was lingering above the header image on the handheld board

could you make certain threads (the envelope thing)a different colour (green) if it has a 5 star rating or has over 100 posts or something? that would be cool

(posted earlier on this forum) please?

(posted earlier on this forum) please?

Just checked, thats not possible.

How about re-adding the feature of: the little blue sign in, the forum thread list, in front of the 'last post by ashley 4:58pm' (that looks like this: l>)

can you make sure it goes to the last post you made in the thread instead of just going to the end of it.

hope that all makes sense

sorry, but what does that post mean?

It means rather than reply to the new thread for the new upgrades (which I linked to before) you just "bought back" this one from March. I will now close it because its very old, and should be dead.

Sign in to follow this