NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Mp3 Audio ripping from a DVD

i bought a dvd single today, and i want to rip the audio to mp3. i have used dvd shrink to isolate and rip the audiostream, but it is a .VOB, and i'm not sure how to convert it to mp3.

2 ways really:

1) Use DVD Decrypter on the dvd.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/DVD_Decrypter/1011845169/1

Put it into ifo mode and then go into the stream processing tab. You need to enable stream processing and then choose to demux the streams you want.

2) Or if you want to work with the vob you have you could use DGIndex.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec146.zip

Run it and open up your vob/s. Go to the audio>output method menu and choose to demux all tracks. Then file>save the project. You'll end up with a d2v file that you can discard and the audio will be there with probably some funny titles.

sucess! only problem is that its 44 mb and im not sure what type it is (possibly PCM).

edit: solved! i used the PCM file to create an audio cd image in nero, which i then mounted in alcohol and then ripped in media player. i then used mp3trim to trim the crap from the begining. yay

Then you need to compress it to mp3.

http://lame.sourceforge.net/ Is the best encoder if you know how to work command lines, if not, I belive winamp and Foobar 2k both come with a LAME encoder. A good setting to choose is APS.(might be called V2 on newer releases)

It's probably pcm (.wav) or ac3. You know how to compress to mp3 from wav? If not then do what Sanchez says ... or use besweet/belight/headac3he/audacity. Headac3he is probably the easiest to use.

edit: solved! i used the PCM file to create an audio cd image in nero, which i then mounted in alcohol and then ripped in media player. i then used mp3trim to trim the crap from the begining. yay

You've lost a tiny bit of quality unnecessarily in that process, but probably nothing to worry about. (You changed the sampling rate from 48000 to 44100 when you made it into an audio CD image.)

Can you use that for recording any output sound from your PC? I cant seem to get it to work, im trying to record the sound off a website

If you set it to record 'Stereo Mix' it should work.

Can you use that for recording any output sound from your PC? I cant seem to get it to work, im trying to record the sound off a website

Actually the windows built in recorder & mixer can do this. Double click on the speaker icon in your tray go to settings --> properties, put the ball on record, click ok. Then when you see the sliders, put select on the wave one. Now start the application you want to record the sound with e.g sndrec32/audacity. Start the playback and hit the record button.

Can't remember if audacity had some setting for changing the recording source.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it is similar to the topic at hand and I don't want to clutter up the forum with useless threads. I was just wondering - what's the best program to rip CD audio into mp3 format? Cheers if anyone can help! ^^

If you set it to record 'Stereo Mix' it should work.

thanks. its a propper weird file though, and my normal converter doesnt like it.. any more ideas?

Weird file from internet or from Audacity? If it's from Audacity then you should just export as a wav or mp3.

just my configuration:

i use smart ripper to isolate the audio stream then recode it into mp3, its normally wav or mp2.

i use yamp (www(dot)softaurium(dot)com) for the encoding

just my configuration:

i use smart ripper to isolate the audio stream then recode it into mp3, its normally wav or mp2.

i use yamp (www(dot)softaurium(dot)com) for the encoding

Smartripper is decent but it won't deal with some newer copy protection schemes.

Sign in to follow this