NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Melainon

About the Xbox 360

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking about buying an Xbox 360, but there are just a few things I would like to know. I have heard something about that it overheats, but do any of you who has one, have these problems? And are there any other problems with it, for I have heard something about that some of them are crashing or freezing. The reason I'm asking is whether I should wait, and buy one when these problems have been fixed, if they are there at all. It's just that I really want one, so I have something to make the wait for Nintendo Revolution feel shorter, seeing as there are so few Gamecube titles coming out (yes, the only console I have from this generation is the Gamecube). I hope you can help me with these questions.

They have been releasing updates for the 360. So its all good. Still crashes sometimes, but rarely.

I haven't had any overheating problems. Xbox live is great. Good games out right now. But nothing ground-breaking. Well GRAW is comming out on friday (or is it thursday) and Oblivion is comming out on the 24th. Depends, wait a year or two for those killer apps.

But I'm not stopping you. Its still heaps of fun.

I've had mine since December, played it a fair bit, and have not had a single problem with crashing, freezing, overheating, melting discs, exploding, radiation or annihilation of my house and family.

Rokhed and Owen are the only ones on this board who have had problems that required them to send the console back to Microsoft (as far as i'm aware), and I believe in both cases they got free replacements pretty quick. I'm sure they'll drop by to confirm/elaborate.

I say buy one and don't worry about the alleged horror stories that have been circulating the interwebs.

OK, that sounds really good. One of the reasons I want one, is because of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. My PC can't run it at very high settings(I think), so by getting it for Xbox 360 I can play it as it was intended, with the best visuals. Oh, and I'm glad that it doesn't expel radiation or may annihilate my house and family, as that was my main worry :heh:

Yes, I had a problem with freezing and crashing, but got a brand new replacement within 10 days of reporting the problem.

The only thing I'd advise is get a memory card, as when they replace them they want the hard drive back too, and you'll lose all your game saves if you don't back them up.

Oblivion will be a monster of a game, but remember the console version isn't gunna be moddable or have patches (probably).

As for the console, yeah its one of my fave i've ever had its only crashed a couple of times due to PGR3 opening the guide menu just before a loading screen crashes your 360.

^Yeah, you can't mod Oblivion, but they said they would release official mods and extra stuff through marketplace. The first thing on marketplace is going to be horse armour.

The Bethesda mods (not counting Tribunal and Bloodmoon) for Morrowind were good but they were nothing at all special. Small quests and extra items was all.

They might release better ones this time, but in all, I found the user-created mods to be almost half the fun of Morrowind.

Sign in to follow this