NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domstercool

Burnout Revenge!

B0009RWHWS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This time it's not about winning. It's not about riding on dubs or gaudy neon lights. It's about an utter disregard for the rules of road and total domination. This time it's personal. This time it's about revenge.

The sequel to 2004's racing game of the year, Burnout Revenge straps gamers into the fastest, most dangerous racer on the road. Fight dirty or go down in flames - the only rule is complete automotive anarchy. Built for unprecedented destruction, Burnout Revenge challenges gamers to exact their revenge on rush hour traffic, vindictive rival racers and anything else that gets between them and the finish line.

Featuring multi-level tracks designed for fighting, wicked vertical takedowns, explosive new crashbreakers, new gameplay modes and wide open crash courses for epic crash sequences that put Hollywood to shame, Burnout Revenge redefines speed and aggression for the ultimate in vehicular combat. And when gamers are ready to take their rage on the road, a massive suite of online modes and features open up endless possibilities to slam, shunt and stonewall new enemies all over the world. Happy hunting!

Revenge is Sweet: It's not about winning, it's about vengeance. An all-new revenge meter tracks underhanded tactics and leads gamers down the path to the ultimate payback. Fight dirty and be rewarded...

Check Traffic: Think hockey on the highway. Now every vehicle on the road is in play and a potential target or weapon. Ram traffic into your rivals, slam cars into vicious combo-based pile-ups and lay waste to everything in sight. Don't fear traffic fight it

Traffic Attack: An all-new traffic attack mode pits gamers against the clock in a mad dash for destruction. It's not about dodging traffic, it's about leveling it by any means necessary

Crash Redefined: Show Hollywood how it's done with all-new open-ended crash junctions. With multiple start points, complex, vertically-oriented tracks and hundreds of cars begging to be decimated, Burnout Revenge is the king of crash

Grudge Match: Punish a rival enough and they'll develop a grudge and then you'll need to take care of them personally in an all-new grudge match

Built to Battle: Designed for maximum carnage, Burnout Revenge's tracks are loaded with massive jumps, multiple paths and nasty chokepoints to deliver the ultimate brutal car combat. Vertical takedowns and in-race crashbreakers open up new avenues for destruction.

So did anyone get their copy in the post early today? I got mine this morning and I've just had a nice 6 hour + session on the game. The tracks already seem more exciting than the ones in 3. The whole game is basically Burnout 3 + high on crack,speed, LSD, you get the point.

The game has upped it's sense of speed even more and the crashes look even more spectacular. The traffic checking makes the game more fluid and less frustrating, although it's been a little easy so far I have to say. I've perfected all the racers so far and haven't really found one that's really challenging. I've still got a long way to go though so it might get harder as you play through more.

Tops to Criterion for making another awesome, destructive arcade racer that's loads of fun and insanely headrushing.

Yep, recieved mine today (Love Gameplay :bow: ) So far i'am enjoying the game alot, and have had a few rounds online which have been alot fun.

Just need to unlock some more cars :heh:

im going to buy the xbox 360 version when it comes out (or is it the xbox version that can be played on the 360) either way, im going to wait until december :)

Yup, I got this from play.com yesterday. It's fantastic! However, my box art differs from the one posted up there... mine doesn't have a PEGI rating, rather it has a "U" BBFC triangle and no Pegi rating in sight. Struck me as odd, that.

How is the Xbox Live play? Please tell me it's even a little bit better than Burnout 3's.

I can't get this until tomorrow, see.

Yeah the boxart does have a U on it for UK release. I don't know why though as usually the BBFC only do that to 15 or 18 rating games when they are wanting to enforce the age rating. I got mine from GAME, seems everyone is posting it early!

I've not tried online myself yet. I'm trying to go through all of the world tour at the moment.

I take it there is still an element of racing in the game?

And if so, have they used rubber-banded AI again?

Yes it's still has the same racing events + a couple of new ones as well. I've not really noticed rubber band AI, but that's because it's so fast that you don't really care.

I heard it was pretty mcuh the exact same as Burnout 3, so I won't be picking it up.

Any update with the online play? That's going to be the 'killer app' in that game to convince me to buy. There's too many good games coming out right now.

Any update with the online play? That's going to be the 'killer app' in that game to convince me to buy. There's too many good games coming out right now.

Haven't played it online much yet, but it looks like EA have finally sorted out their Live servers, and I haven't suffered any of the problems Takedown had with Live, at least not yet.

Urgh wait until you start finding the bugs in the single player mode. Bloody terrible.

Live play seems smoother, less laggy and generally a lot less painful than in Burnout 3. The interface is quite similar to that of Halo 2's - you can invite friends to form a party in the lobby, then you can take them into whatever game mode you wish. You can make public, private or closed parties (no more of that password bullshit). And finally, finally, you can access your friends list by just pressing Y wherever you are before you join a game.

I haven't played it extensively so I can't comment on the ranking system, which I heard is generally better and more fair.

As for the game, well.. it's Burnout 3 on steroids, with a lot more polish and an extra lick of paint. It's well worth the purchase if you own it's predecessor, and is essential if you've never tried it before and you have a remote interest in racing or destruction. Make sure you buy the Xbox version, if given the choice - custom soundtracks ahoy!

I played it online the other night. As amazing as it is offline, I found the online experience a little lonely. You tend to get huge gaps between racers, if you crash you're relying on them doing the same if you want any hope to catch up. It's fair, but only if your skill level is the same. Maybe Road Rage works better, but I found that in the race mode I was often left wondering where everyone was (either miles ahead, or miles behind, depending on who I raced).

Damn you all. I have Burnout, Burnout 2 and Burnout 3, but not enough money right now to spend on Burnout 4. Damn you.

been playing the demo that came with OXM

seems like a bloddy brilliant game. if only i could get £25 paypal'D :P

¬_¬

I'll admit it, I forgot it came out Friday. Damn you Meteos, and your puzzle goodness. I shall have to pick it up tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this