NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Crystal Chronicles This Year

AMN is reporting that Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix, has spoken of new details about the company's upcoming Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game for Nintendo's Revolution.

Wada says that players can expect "online capabilities, magnificent graphics, and an intense use of the revolutionary control of the platform."

The game is said to have been in development for a long time, and this is likely proven by the fact it was among the first games 'announced' at last year's E3 for the new generation system. For this reason, it should be a much deeper and more elaborate game than the GameCube original.

It was also mentioned that the game will be sitting on US store shelves by the end of the year.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/full.php?subaction=showfull&id=1141594686&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&

: peace:

Sounding sweet isn't it :smile:

And some places claim its a confirmed launch title.

I hope it is a launch title. I loved the first game on the Cube, the graphics and music were so magical just like the old skool FF games.

I love it, but I really question whether they can warrant releasing a DS version and a Revolution game both based around the same franchise.. The chances are they're big projects and will warrant a full price.

Who is really going to buy both? With Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy 3 already holding the DS fort I question whether Crystal Chronicles has a place on the DS.

But news that the Revolution version is coming this year is great as the Revolution seems to be lacking in the RPG department. I'll probably pick this up as the battle systems for the GameCube version really looked amazing. I'm hoping for DS compatibility in game too, so for battles the screen can be clean of all menus and junk.

Is this game doing what the GameCube version could not? or is it a spin-off/sequel? Seeing as the working title is the same this is kinda confusing.

I've not played the Cube version so no worries here, but if you've played it already might be a bit steep to ask for a new way of playing the same old game.

I loved the 1st one, even tho i didnt play it multiplayer.

They keep saying the graphics are going to be amazing, i think this maybe one of the game that we can judge the full power of the revo on.

I bet this game has online multiplayer

It had better or I wont be happy. I loved the mulit-player aspect of the first game but it was screaming for online play.

Revolution is going to be fucking brilliant - I used to play FF:CC religiously multiplayer but this is just too much... I can't bloody wait for the revolution..! :bouncy:

This sounds promising the original could of been such a good game but it was flawed by the repetitiveness (is that a word?) of each year of the game. Hopefuly they will have thought of a way around this. If its online ooo i really can't wait. E3 can't come soon enough!

It had better or I wont be happy. I loved the mulit-player aspect of the first game but it was screaming for online play.

Sounds quite good actually, it would give the game pace.. you could schedule a couple of hours a week to play online with your Nintendo wifi friends.. then login hookup and adventure together.

I think this is one of the games where friend codes are beneficial.. because otherwise it would be real easy to be malicous and like destroy your team mates and steal all the loot.

This sounds promising the original could of been such a good game but it was flawed by the repetitiveness (is that a word?)

It wasn't one of those, congratulations you found the key to dungeon level 38 was it? That'd really be disappointing if it was as you say repetitive.. while the battle structure is often repetitive the story really broke it up so much.. that's what I love about Final Fantasy.

FF:CC had the greatest graphics on GC (besides RE4). The bad thing about the game was it´s complete lack of story and complicated requirements for multiplayer.

If they remedy that for the Rev version, I´m onboard!

Awesome news, i wanted to get the GC version but the connectivity requirement prevented me from doing so.

Who is really going to buy both? With Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy 3 already holding the DS fort I question whether Crystal Chronicles has a place on the DS.

The DS and Revolution are far better equipped to handle the concept of this game than the GC/GBA were.

A DS version definately has a place in its libary

i wanted to get the GC version but the connectivity requirement prevented me from doing so.

Same here.

With all the praising it seems to be getting here though I'm kind of tempted to get it, as I always wanted it a lot in the first place.

So everyone, is it worth it without the multiplayer? How does it compare to the big three?(SoAL,ToS,BK) I'm interested in getting it so let me know..

Stocka> It´s not worth it without mulitplayer. The game is beautiful and at first it´s kinda fun but after a while the lack of any story really kicks in and the game just feels empty. I was veary dissapointed after a few hours with the game.

But it is beautiful. And if SquareEnix puts some effort into the Revolution games story and makes it a wi-fi title i will definitely get it right away.

I loved the first game. I tried the multiplayer and didnt like it, i preffered single player, but thats only because of the GBA and all the leads and shit.

If they do this right.. i'll import my Revo to have it early. Final Fantasy = pleasure

Yeah, me and a friend used to play it till the early hours of the morning... equipped with our GBA/GBA SP's.

Awesome stuff.

I had a 4 player game on it once, The music was drowned out by the sounds of "Give me back my f**king Mythril" etc.

Never again.

I bought this quite soon after it came out as a huge fan of the other Final Fantasy games and I really enjoyed the gameplay at first but areas were just too empty and I found the fact that it was almost entirely devoid of a storyline quite disappointing and as I am the only one of my friends with a GBA I sadly never got to experience it in multiplayer :( It wasn't worth keeping just for the single player.

A Revo version taking full advantage of the controller and with a better storyline and more involving gameplay (Still real-time, just with a bit more variation and more going on) could be an amazing game, possibly a system seller. IGN seem to think its a dead cert to be a launch title so it looks like we have this, Metroid Prime 3 and SSB 3 all but officially confirmed for launch.

Actually, SSB3 is confirmed for launch.

As for Chrystal Chronicles - the Cube version was a dissappointment, they'll have to pull off something better to have me get it.

Yeah after hearing gripes with the lack of story/repetitiveness in the Cube version they really need to pull it out the bag.

Final Fantasy is just button pushing style gaming without the story.

Multiplayer is awesome, but I also liked the single player. Kind of repetitive, but I found it quite addictive. Maybe because I wanted to be strong for multiplayer, but I really enjoyed it. Plus, it's freaking beautiful and it has awesome musics.

Me and 3 of my friends we're all prepared to play it, we were all happy with the graphics and stuff, creating our chars, but how is it supposed for us to go through all that story telling and researchig towns etc, we just turned it off and went back do 4 swords... RPG's are not supposed to be multiplayer, unless we missed the point of it :p

ToS is the best multiplayer RPG, but you're right. I prefer a good Rpg to play on my own.

Sign in to follow this