NEurope
mario114

I deleted paint, help....!?

I think i deleted paint, when i was trying to get rid of windows messenger (i use 8 beta), can someone help me, can it be downloaded or any thing?

Check if it's totally gone first:

Start>Run>"mspaint" then hit enter.

If it doesn't load, then try finding your os disk.

I loaded up :), which is weird, but the short cut was gone, and it wasn't in the list for opening pictures with, any how cheers for your quick response, much appreciated, (i'm such a novice when it comes to computers :D).

Edit: while i'm being such a noob, is there anyway I can get a short cut for it to appear anywear?

Locate the mspaint application in system32 then create a shortcut from that.

Short cut made, thanks for your help :D

there is that way... but cant you search through the recycling bin if you have deleted something?

At the moment it won't let me open pictures with paint, but i can save a picture, go into paint (using the short cut i got from system 32), then open the picture that way, it' not ideal, but I don't dare go near the add/remove program options, thats how i lost it in the first place.

Edit: when i half uninstalled it, (however I manged to?), it didn't give any warnings and didn't appear in the recycle bin.

try removing it from the windows build in control panel in "add/remove programs" -> "add remove windows components" remove it and then install it again from there, bare in mind that it'll ask you for the windows XP cd.

try removing it from the windows build in control panel in "add/remove programs" -> "add remove windows components" remove it and then install it again from there, bare in mind that it'll ask you for the windows XP cd.

No it shouldn't XP pre installs all windows data on the harddrive. It is not like ME or 98 where you have to put in your cd to get the files back.

Just go to the control panel ==>add or remove programs ==> Add or remove Windows components.==> desktop accesories (or however it is called in english)==> if paint is not taggedthen tag it en press next or else untag it press next. when it is done restart XP go back and tag it again press next and voila you have a full working paint back