NEurope
Sarka

Crying helps, I believe

Hi all,

Well, I used to cry alot, but now, I've not for 3 years. I presumed I just had nothing to be sad about, but I was at a funeral today of a relative and I didn't shed a tear. I always hear crying helps stress relief, but even when I try I cannot cry! It's awfully annoying.

I generally don't let things get ontop of me and I'm usually not sad, but still, most people seem to cry now and again, I presume. Not really a topic that comes up in conversation.

So I was wondering if I need serious help, or if it's common or if I'm just a little weird. Thanks for any help!

Don't worry, I think it's normal really. Everyone has different ways to deal with pain and stress and sadness and stuff. And it also just changes over time.

I cry about almost anything that bothers me really; crying for me really is a way to relief some stress. However, I only really cry when I'm alone; crying doesn't seem to work that well for me when there's people around. Like 11 years ago, my grandmother died. I cried and cried during the nights, but at the actual funeral, I don't think I shed a single tear.

It's really nothing you have to be worried about. Just because you don't cry doesn't mean you're a person who has no feelings anymore or something. It's just as soon as you start feeling indifferent to things like this (as in, you don't get sad anymore or something), then it's a different case.

i havent cried for ages, when im sad i feel like shit and i store it in, its not good. i dont really have no one to cry to if you catch my drift.

i havent cried for ages, when im sad i feel like shit and i store it in, its not good. i dont really have no one to cry to if you catch my drift.

Awww, poor Booker. :sad:

Well, it just seemed weird as I used to let off all my steam by crying, now I don't yell, or cry, or anything. I was kinda sad at the funeral. Then I just kinda thought "Oh gosh, all this Christianity stuff seems so wrong and bad nowadays..." then wasn't sad at all for the rest of the sermon.

At least I know I'm not weird, yay :yay: no need to be sad at all, I love meglecting my feelings, how fun.

Sarka, i'm the same mate. Even went incredibly pissed off, annoyed or whatever I never cry.

Its pretty bad and i'm sure it'll kill me someday.

I can be either, when pissed i can either throw child-like tantrums (punching the polystyrene wall), or cry, depends what happened really.

Sometimes i start to cry, but don't want to. Like at my dad and stepmums wedding, when the ceremony was in process, i started crying, but tried not to (remembering parents' break-up etc).

Sounds like it's common if 'booker and Jordan have the same problems, no worries.

I used to cry quite a bit, haven't for a few years now. I just go all mopey nowadays, but don't really feel the need to cry.

Certain anime do make me well up a bit though :)

Hi all,

Well, I used to cry alot, but now, I've not for 3 years. I presumed I just had nothing to be sad about, but I was at a funeral today of a relative and I didn't shed a tear. I always hear crying helps stress relief, but even when I try I cannot cry! It's awfully annoying.

I generally don't let things get ontop of me and I'm usually not sad, but still, most people seem to cry now and again, I presume. Not really a topic that comes up in conversation.

So I was wondering if I need serious help, or if it's common or if I'm just a little weird. Thanks for any help!

Different people react differently to death. Some people cry, some people are just silent.

I used to cry quite a lot too, but I haven't for years now.

I don't cry because I'm a hearthless monster who cares for no-one but himself.

Up until July 27th last year I hadn't cried for quite a long time, since then a fair bit for various reasons. Last time was in January.

It is quite helpful, good to just let it take over and let it all out.

I don't cry at all now, used to cry a lot till early teens.

But, when I yawn I look like I've cried, apparently. I get people asking from time to time why I'm crying just after yawning. I'm getting tired of it but oh well what can I do. I guess I'm just one of those people who have a loose tear duct that pumps a lot of tears to clear the eye. More of an annoyance for me.

I havent cryed for what seems like forever. Even last year when both my grandparents and a uncle died. Either I drink the sadness out of me (I know this isnt good to do) or build it all up until I explode on people. Headbanging and singing along to songs that make me sad or pissed off helps too. You'll deal with it in some way too, dont worry.

I don't cry at all now, used to cry a lot till early teens.

But, when I yawn I look like I've cried, apparently. I get people asking from time to time why I'm crying just after yawning. I'm getting tired of it but oh well what can I do. I guess I'm just one of those people who have a loose tear duct that pumps a lot of tears to clear the eye. More of an annoyance for me.

Heh, yeah, I have the thing with yawning too. And it doesn't just look like I'm crying, there's actually tears rolling down my cheeks after a yawn. I don't know, but my yawns are huge too; some last half a minute sometimes or something. And I guess there's just a lot of pressure on your tear ducts when you yawn so that's what's causing the tears?

I'm going through a depression at the moment, and while I was home all alone in Lisbon I really felt like crying, but the tears just wouldn't come out. Then I would start or almost start crying when I was at school or something, but I ended up bottling it, so I haven't cried in ages. But don't worry about it, that's pretty normal, some people react differently to emotional changes. I think I actually saw a movie or something and they touched this issue. Bah, I'm drifting, just don't worry.

I'll admit to crying every now and again, and I never know why. Sometimes I might hear a song, or just think of something which triggers something for no apparent reason. I've never done it too often, but it has happend from time to time. I think it's a teen thing. All those hormones mixing it up and producing random emotions and stuff. It's confusing.

I've always been the same as most of you. I rarely cryed once i got into my teens. The last time i cryed was June of 05 when my g/f of 4 years broke up with me. I cryed on and off for a good couple months, but its probably good i did, to bottle it up would have been too much for me.

Normally when you get into your teens you don't cry as often as you used to as a child. I didn't even cry at my grandpa's funeral and he was like a father to me. Sometimes I'm near to tears or feel a need to cry but can't, so I think I haven't cried for the last 4 years or so out of sadness. However, I often cry when I laugh. Sometimes someone tells a stupid joke and I can't stop laughing and tears are running down my cheeks while the others don't understand what was so funny about that - feels a bit strange.

I'm going through a depression at the moment, and while I was home all alone in Lisbon I really felt like crying, but the tears just wouldn't come out. Then I would start or almost start crying when I was at school or something, but I ended up bottling it, so I haven't cried in ages. But don't worry about it, that's pretty normal, some people react differently to emotional changes. I think I actually saw a movie or something and they touched this issue. Bah, I'm drifting, just don't worry.

Yeah I went through depression about 4 years ago, it aint very nice as I kept crying for no reason at all. Once I beat the depression my emotions have been on a sort of high, or example I never used to cry at movies that were pretty emotional but now I do.

I agree that crying is a great way to get out all the anger and stress of your life but I must admit when I do cry, which hasnt been for ages now, I make sure im alone.

A great topic Sarka, this is why I love these boards so much. Imagine putting something like this up on gamefaqs....*shudders at the thought*

A great topic Sarka, this is why I love these boards so much. Imagine putting something like this up on gamefaqs....*shudders at the thought*

I agree, but also, I want to see what would happen if someone did post this over at gamefaqs... anybody willing to post it... for the sake of science?

I agree, but also, I want to see what would happen if someone did post this over at gamefaqs... anybody willing to post it... for the sake of science?

Mo-kay! Which board to choose though, the UK board? DS social?

Anyway, at least I now know I'm not a weirdo by not cryng, hopfully it'll all come out someday soon.

Like most of you, I haven't cried for a long time. I used to cry absolute bucket loads when younger especially in my primary and early seconday school days but now, hardly do.

I tend to just get immensly pissed off and shout at others........being a teenager eh? :indeed:

I used to cry all the time (still cry quite a lot though). I cry when I'm laughing, when I'm sad, when I'm angry, when it's windy and sometimes just randomly. One thing that does make me cry is other people crying or thinking about crying. I'm starting to feel sad now. Good old Train - Drops of Jupiter to make me feel better. Sarka if you don't need to cry then that's a good thing.

Oh and I'll post this on Gamefaqs if you give me a link to the board.

I havn't cried in such a long time.Even when sad things happen and people around me are really upset....I feel nothing