NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mundi

Spore (video veeeery long)

I saw this Last night and I can't wait for Spore to be released, being able to create your own animal is gonig to be cool..Given that Iw ant to make a race of Blood thirsty Care bears to ravange every city on the game. I do like the idea of Other playerrs worlds being downlaoded onot your game as you paly thats gongi to make things intresting, to see how others are coming along with thier palnets.

I saw this Last night and I can't wait for Spore to be released, being able to create your own animal is gonig to be cool..Given that Iw ant to make a race of Blood thirsty Care bears to ravange every city on the game. I do like the idea of Other playerrs worlds being downlaoded onot your game as you paly thats gongi to make things intresting, to see how others are coming along with thier palnets.

I was thinking about trying to make a race of animlas that look like Gir from Invader Zim :p

I watched this yesterday, it looks very cool. Got a few laughs out of me as well (the mating music is genius). I want to make some creatures similar to the ones in Tremors 2.

tremors2.jpg

ok... that.. was.. Amazing...

>_< Maybe i have to update my PC now.

I wil never upgrade my PC

Where can i get a high quailty video of that?

They've said that Spore wo't necessarily need a high end computer to play it, each model is 1kb, and the highest CPU you'll need is 1.5-2Ghz Processor, hopefully it'll be able to play fine on a lot of computers

I watched this yesterday, it looks very cool. Got a few laughs out of me as well (the mating music is genius). I want to make some creatures similar to the ones in Tremors 2.

tremors2.jpg

assblasters :D

Spore is creative genius, Will Wright has excelled himself for the first time in years.

Looks like this is as far sandbox gameplay can go............in other words it's taken to the extreme where possibilities are endless.

I'm not that much of a fan of sandbox gameplay, but this is an amazing way of delivering unlimited options and content. The big thing is that it's all procedural, meaning less art assets are required to be made during production......and instead clever programming is the key to producing all the variables.

Expect a load of immitations a year or two after.

wow. that is all i can say. this game will be a genre of its own. it will change what people want from gaming. it is emence

The game seems quite good, and I was very hyped until I actually saw the video, all goes well until the part you start making a city, they made it look like thats the only way you have of evolving and succeeding is with intelligence, for example, my plan was to make an ant or bee like species that didn't require a brain and it would survive under a collective mind and strict hierarchy with diferent kinds of casts within it, and would defend them selfs with organic weapons (like in the startroopers movie).

Maybe they improved it and can be still be made, seeing that this movie is 1 year old.

i liked it when he set the creature out on the planet with no atmosphere and it exploded!

I found this on gamespot:

"Job listing reveals Will Wright's eagerly awaited biosphere-civilization sim will come to unnamed portables."

Hummmmmmmmmmmm.....

I posted a topic about it in the handheld discusion some while ago. It will probably be a very boiled down version of this.

The idea of making unique creatures and visiting other player's planets is brilliant. An entire universe to mess around with! I might have to get this.

That looks like tons of fun.. Perhaps this will be the first PC game I've bought in many many many years (I bought HL-2 one week after release.. that was my last PC game :P)

It's interesting that Will mentions throughout the presentation that most animations happen "procedurally", this seems to be the next step in game animation and I'm really glad it's finally feasable on high end pcs and next gen consoles. I've read that many new 360 games will be incorporating procedural animation into their engines to add to the realism. No more strange floaty running up slopes from now on? i hope so.

seeing that this movie is 1 year old.

Indeed, I was wondering if this was a new movie or not, till I saw that.

It's been a while since I've seen it but it looks like quite a promising game.

Is the video suposed to be of raelly bad quality or is it just my crappy pc?

PS imagine this on the revolution???????????????

yeah the rev would carry it off well. i wonder if someone from nintendo should give him a golden handshack. "oh what is that Spore coming to the rev. only console to get the game. i am buying rev" that is the type of incentive casuals need.

Sign in to follow this