NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

An idea for a Ninty reference site, opinions please?

So, I had this idea. A reference website for every Nintendo game ever, ever. Basically, for example, in its first incarnation it would list every game ever released for every Nintendo console which you could see alphabetically and search through.

Once this was available, I could add stuff like box art and average scores, and even 'average' prices for the cost of the game today. It would effictively be a massive online database.

So my initial questions are: Would this be worth the time investment? I.e. - Would you use it/do you think it would get used?

Let me know your thoughts!

P.S - Feel free to help out, if you want to help, PM me :-)

EDIT - I quickly put this together to give you an idea.

I love the idea! becasue the i wouldent have to search the whole internet for information about a certain game. yes plz plz make it a reality :D

great idea, an encyclopedia of games, if it ever lifts off, you could branch out into non-ninty games too.

Yeah its a good idea, but I wouldn't bother with the prices thing though.... I'd love to see something like this.

yeah prices vary from time, all you have to do is click on pricerunners now hehe.

i like this idea. a lot. stated above itd be great because you would have to scour t'internet to find a game.

hehe Nincyclopedia of games.just a name, i know its been used but meh. :D

Right, I have had some positive response, that's a good start :D

I think the retro board is pretty quiet in comparisson with some of the other boards here, so tell your friends we need their feedback!

In the meantime, ideas for a name (that hasn't already been used) and some feedback of what you would like to see implemented would be great!

EDIT - I have made a small change to my example to give you a better idea!

I think make it, but instead of using something like frontpage, just make a PBWiki. They can look professional with ease.

It's a great idea. But it's sort of already been done.

The Nintendo Database can be found here.

It already features in-depth info on every game developed or published by Nintendo ever. Including the cancelled ones! As well as easter eggs, cameos, secrets etc.

Of course, there's no reason you can't expand on the project, if you have the time and money to invest into creating a veritable "IMDB" of ALL the games ever available on any Nintendo console. And if you do, the Nintendo Database is as good a place as any to start referencing.

Anyway, good luck...!

I was kind of attepmting to do this, but ended up just making a fansite. If anyone is interested in looking at it you can find it at the same site as my username

Sign in to follow this