NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cubechris

Official Nintendo Revolution Controller Shots (56k)

I'm lovin it!!!!!!!

BTW

Have you already realised that any "image from my cousin who knows a guy whose father works at ninty" is near the truth? but I'd like to listen some hardware specs of rev....They put us looking at the controller but when we'll listen what's still missing?

I've actually tried picking up a remote control, imagined what the control would be like and it brought a smile to my face :P

You can see a promo video here. There isn't any game footage, it just serves as something to show some of the possibilities.

I'd love to see a nice gamecube controller released looking sleek and i pod in look and colour to accompany launch

I can't help but feel that it's a bit too bizarre. Well, I've only seen a few pics. Revolutionary indeed, but hm..... I'll think about it and post tomorrow after I know more about it.

I really want to see some gameplay with that. It is very sexy.

even though the pad is different than i thought it would be its even better ,i cant wait for more news and i wonder how smash brothers will work,hopefully soon we'll get gsmeplay footage and another zelda trailer ,GO NINTENDO

Hmmm After watching the movie of it in cation i am a wee bit moe interested.

However my first impression is not that good, its a remote control that will soon find its way down the back of the sofa.

On the plus its left-handed safe, its different, its...meh who cares its Nintendo they cant be wrong...

After seeing the promo video (which I must say was excellently made) I am convinced. Again, it can be seen here They've simply shown the game from the TVs perspective, and you see a load of people playing games. There's no screenshots at all, just people's body movement, and sound. It's really fantastic.

Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.

The cube controller lives on IMO

I think what he meant bt this is including the Rev controller (the 'remote' as the MAIN controller) and the analogue handset (this is the 'attachment')

I think the design is Beautiful, i love the style and the 'laminated' glossy sheen to the controller (and the rev for that matter).

I myself am all for this, as i will be buying the next Nintendo console, whatever!

And all the good comments only go to strengthen to interest and excitment; though there doesnt seem to be anywhere near enough buttons and surely you will have to hold it horizontally when playing ALL games, not just NES etc.. because using buttons directly underneath each other feels very strange (applies to the D-pad and 'A'), and the other buttons are right at the bottom!

Could have SOOOOOO much potential in FPS, as it should be even better than duel analogue; bring on the classic FPS' Nintendo.

Wow. This is certainly nothing like I was expected. I think I'll have to wait and play it for myself before passing judgement, but can't help shake that initial surge of confusion. The only thing I can liken this to is that sword-based fighter in arcades which was quite cool from what I remember.

Hopefully we'll get some great ideas for this system, and all our favourites will no doubt appear followed by a slightly tweaked/modernised GameCube controller update. Nintendo could at least add a real analogue stick onto the C stick, and perhaps streamline it a little more how their current generation console will look.

Current thoughts? Confusion, mixed with excitement. Is this Nintendo's bold new direction or a step forward into madness?

Current thoughts? Confusion, mixed with excitement. Is this Nintendo's bold new direction or a step forward into madness?

Yeah i think your right, and many people will be feeling this way; guess time (and game videos; WHERE ARE THEY Nintendo!!) will tell!

so far i love today ,waking up to the controller,but now i have to go to school ,it'll feel long since im dying to come back,hope there will be more developers supporting rev when soon

Do you think for certain games that don't reguire the analogue stick) you'll be able to turn the dpad part of the controller on its side(so it resembles a nes controller) thus making the second set of a and b buttons a lot more accessible?

edit-Just watched the video, and tbh, I'm not totally convinced-seems exceptionally gimmicky(more so than the DS's touch screen). I hope every game doesn't require these hacking/slashing/moving of controller in relation to the sensors. Not my sort of thing tbh.

Does anyone know anything abots the hardware specs?

and according to that perry woman, the cube controller cant be used in revolution games. please tell me i read it wrong cos i cant imagine playin FIFA on the rev controller n nintendo needs some standard games if they wanna keep their 'hardcore gamer' audience.

I am intrigued by this choice however I am also sceptical how this new design is going to adapt to third party games. Still I am really curious how this handles and that is always good.

Cant wait to see the final design of this controller!!!

It looks like Nintendo have finally emerged from the 80s, it looks so stunning - the most gorgeous console i've ever seen by far.

The Revolution will be awesome!! The controller is very innovative. I can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

Sign in to follow this