NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cubechris

Official Nintendo Revolution Controller Shots (56k)

After quite some wait here it is:

Revolution controller looks like futuristic television remote.

Glossy white design.

Looks Apple iPod inspired.

Controller is held in one hand. Attachments in the other.

Attachments connect to the bottom of the controller. Iwata shows analog stick attachment.

Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.

Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games!

Future attachments planned.

live-from-tgs-iwatas-keynote-20050915074553984.jpg

More detailed pics are available now on gamespot , apologies if delayed but my browser has slowed to a crawl. That thing looks intriguing though.

Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games! !!!

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Totally interactive!!!

Looks interesting - but I'm not quite convinced yet. I want to see more!

I worry that it'll put off gamers, rather than encourage them...

u know what this is most definatly going to have ALOT of revolution hating now that the controller is out. and about the easy ports from PS3 and 360 i think not. nintendo is gonna be out there all by themselves... somehow they will survive! VIVA LA REVOLUTION

To be honest, i think i would have preffered a more standard form, somehow i see this hard for the developers to adapt to, but I also then think that the Gamecube controllers will continue to be used for games which are ported and better suited etc. and the fact that Iwata said this:

Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.

makes you think some more, as seriosly how is joe average going to play Fifa 0X with this? The cube controller lives on IMO

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed as the remote looks quite uncomfortable and the b+second a buttons look tough to get at... But I love the design, just wondering how well dual analogue will work.

dont tink we will use the b button (4 gameplay) on the bottom but on the underneath.

Remember - any ports of Xbox 360 games or the like can just use the Gamecube pad.

They might even release it with a standard pad (probably exactly the same as the Gamecube one) so as not to put off third-party developers. That probably what those cube pad ports are really designed for.

It's so great, I'm loving it. The more you think the more ideas come to you. It's fantastic.

I was intially all "WTF!? Nintendo iz teh doomed" and all that, but looking at the pics of people holding it, and the pics of it from all angles, it looks quite alright.

Naturally the litmus test is having a play with it ourselves. Nintendo, to me, make decent controllers, so I can't imagine it being that hard to use, or uncomfortable to hold.

It's so great, I'm loving it. The more you think the more ideas come to you. It's fantastic.

Please share them with us. :)

I think the remote design is a bit strange but apart from that the whole idea is truly great (mouse like movement...) - and I only have read a summary yet - however I would have liked it if the "remote" was a bit more ergonomic; but I guess you have to hold it to be sure how it feels.

I'm not sure I like the idea of this 'Point and Click' to get about... I shall miss the anolouge. And reaching the buttons doesnt look that comfy. I wish we could of seen how this fits into games that arent Nintendo based, or any game footage at all.

Man am I one happy gamer! This is exactly the right move for Nintendo. Xbox360 and PS3 really look just plain ordinary to me now. Nintendo may have less third party support and turn hard core gamers off or whatever, but I'm betting they're really gonna shift the market to newer and broader audiences. Gooo Nintendooo! I can finally go to sleep! ;)

PS: Both ign and cube say the controller fits perfectly in your hands, so don't worry people, have nintendo ever made an uncomfortable controller?

And you want examples you say?

->Go to ign for a rundown on the demo's they got to play.

->Wait for the conference video where you get to see the expressions of the people playing, jus like the DS commercials way back on the japanese site. It's all about the smiling faces!

For 3rd party developers i think it will come down to the dev kits to decide what they do with ports. If theres an easy way to incorporate the new controller then obviously most games will use it. If it will take an extra month to program in then say hello to another 5 years of the GC pad for all games from EA, Activision, Konami, UbiSoft and Atari. I think Sega, Namco, Capcom and a lot of small comanies would take the time to add features that make use of this pad.

Now i want some footage of those demos and some game announcements + screenshots and a bit of info on them (im curious about smash bros with those pads)

anyone noticed that, in the photos the television is a High definition one? ;)

that might mean something.

After reading all the reviews (ign and 1up) they all give it high praises this just excites me even more. I can’t contain my excitement.

this is like chirstmas morning!!!!!

After reading all the reviews (ign and 1up) they all give it high praises this just excites me even more. I can’t contain my excitement.

this is like chirstmas morning!!!!!

Wait till we hear how long we have to wait for it :lmao:

Sign in to follow this