NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
skarmachild

Loading screens from hell

haha i remember watching that. the only reason i laughed was th usic, however its pretty awful that it takes that long

lol, is that real, because that is skocking, i would never wait that long, i even jumped parts in the video -not being a person who likes waiting...

Yeah, seen it before, how many PSP owners are kicking themselves after suplexing themselves off the top rope?

Its a joke how long that took. My mate brought it in at work so he could have a "quick" match at break time. He didnt get very far.....

Smackdown vs. Raw 06 pretty much has the same loading times on the PS2, it loads before every single thing.

It's a bit unaccurate to say "it takes this long to get into a match" though - he started a new career on Season mode and you have to wade through a load of cutscenes to start.. and the game treats cutscenes the same as an actual match, so they go through all the same loading processes.

If you were to boot the game up and just go straight into an exhibition match, it would take a third of the listed time of 6:30 to load.

Not that i'm trying to defend the game, i've always hated the loading/saving times of Smackdown games, and the fact it takes just as long on a handheld console (a console which is generally supposed to have pick-up-and-play games) is inexcusable. The video is just a little bit of a stretch.

:nono: Fucking hell!! That was just painful to watch, I wonder if this was the reason Nintendo stuck with Carts for the DS.

In fairness, this obviously a pretty extreme example. However, this one of the reasons I love Nintendo: their total allergy to loading times and their desire to avoid them at all costs. If the 360 booth in my local game is anything to go by, getting rid of long loading times isn't high on the priority lists of non-Nintendo consoles.

smackdown 2 > all other smackdowns

watching kane and taker do a ballet dance at their titan tron entrance is priceless

The link's not currently working.

However, a couple of weeks ago I had my first experience of playing on the XBox 360 at a friend's house.

I've currently got a Gamecube and DS. Now I know that the graphics on the 360 are obviously better, and on the whole I was fairly impressed (but not as much as I thought I'd be), but I was shocked at the loading times I was experiencing. Is this typical of how the Next Gen consoles are going to perform? I really hope not.

I assume this video concerns the PSP. Whilst I'm more than happy with my DS, I've not ruled out getting a PSP, but I hope that, on the whole, loading times aren't too unbearable.

I'll also definitely be waiting until both the Playstation 3 and Revolution come out before deciding which to go for, and just hope that these don't have painfully slow loading times.

And they call this progress????

This may be bad, but the Perfect Dark Zero loading screen is the worst. Not because it's particularly long, just that you have to play Perfect Dark Zero when it's done. Terrifying.

The link's not currently working.

Load time hell

for anyone that the link doesn't work for (it didn't work for me either).

and, oh my freekin GOD!!! that is just plain takin the piss!

[]glucoseaddict holds his DS high with pride :heh: [/]

If you have got a 1.50 firmware psp, you can always play it from the memory stick. Which makes load times a lot faster.

Sign in to follow this