NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

people ADMIT IT you loved MK.

I always get this impression that people are scared to admit that they like it.

Just about everyone did.It gave you exactly what you wanted from the game. The plot was crap but it's based on a beatem up game.

MK had the great music and action.

SIlent hill was also good. I have no problem with it.

I have never seen mario bros mind you.

Ecks VS Sever

IMDB rating gave me a clear warning about this film but I still wanted to see it. Well the story is stupid and there are many logical errors because of confusing cuts but there are also lots of explosions. However the bad guys who are some FBI, CIA or whatever elite force have worse reaction and aim than I have in Counter Strike. The plot could be told in two minutes as well.

4/10

If you want great explosions and an easy on the brain story watch

xXx - Triple X Director's Cut

Saw this a couple of times so far and Rob Cohen does again what he does best. Entertainment with an easy to understand story, lots of explosions, lots of cool stunts, good pace and awesome music. The intro when Rammstein plays is really brilliant, almost like a music video and still gets the story points across. And I don't know why everyone's complaining about Vin Diesel's acting, I found him quite convincing actually. Sure he wouldn't be able to play Shakespeare but he's suited for an action film.

8/10

Scream 3 8/10

I really love the scream movies, to me, everything about them brilliant. I always feel for the characters and end up shouting at the screen continuously. I've watched this movie so many times but it gets a little better each time. The best thing about the movie is coutney cox (gail weathers), she's hilarious throughout. It rounded of a rather great series in a great way in my mind.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You two are actually stating that MORTAK KOMBAT (lol) is a better movie than Silent Hill??? Even the Mario Bros film is better than MK!!!

And what's more scary, I think Raw is actually saying it's a good film... :D:D:indeed:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL (:indeed:) That's exactly what I'm saying. I haven't seen Silent Hill so can't comment on that. may well be better but I doubt it!

Just about everyone did.It gave you exactly what you wanted from the game. The plot was crap but it's based on a beatem up game.

Thank you! The Final Kombat song from the film is quality! :heh:

District 13

A french film with those free-runners. It's exhilirating, and all the actors did their own stunts, which is very impressive. Exciting throughout, intiguing, if simple plot, and of course the prerequisite over the top fighting. (Think Charlie's Angels fims, only more masculine)

7.678/10

Girl Next Door 7/10

It's a pretty funny movie, Elisha Cuthbert makes it worth it.

The Brady Bunch Movie

Not what you expect. More of a spoof with a twist to it. Cleverly self satarising.

7/10

The Train

An almost noir-ish WW2 drama.

8/10

All the Brady Bunch films are amazing. Bit patchy in parts but overall they're quality.

Hell no, it's an awfull movie! Cheesy can be good, but Mortal Kombat is not the case... it's an action flick and not even the action is any good! Except maybe... there's one scene I do like, wich is Johnny Cage Vs Scorpion.

And what was so memorable about silent hill? A scene perhaps. It really wasn't that great. Better than the awful resident evil films but it's hard to compare it to mortal kombat in the first place i would think but the majorite of people would say it's the best one ever made.

Riders

Well there's not much storyline but and the odd plot hole but overall it's very watchable because of the action-scenes. These are done very well and some of them are also quite impressive. The dialogue is also pretty entertaining most of the time especially the lines Stephen Dorff's character.

6/10 (+1 because of a naked Natasha Henstridge)

And what was so memorable about silent hill? A scene perhaps. It really wasn't that great. Better than the awful resident evil films but it's hard to compare it to mortal kombat in the first place i would think but the majorite of people would say it's the best one ever made.

AND WHO SAID THERE WAS ANYTHING MEMORABLE IN IT? There ain't anything memorable about MK either!

Mortal Kombat sucks. Silent Hill is watchable. That's why SH is superior.

I don't know if you meant that the majority would say that MK was the best one or if the majority would say SH is the best one, but either way, fuck the majority. I'm proud to be a minority damn it.

"The majority" elected Steven Spielberg as the greatest director of all time, and sure enough, he's a very good director, but saying he's better than Kubrick, Bergman or Godard is just plain insane!! I mean, c'mon, everyone knows "the majority" is just plain STUPID.

i personally thought Silent Hill was very good. I really enjoyed it. Saw it in the cinema and some bits had me on edge.

Especially when cybil and the other woman are running from pyramid head the first time, and the sword came through the door, i laughed out loud it made me recoil so much

I saw Live Free or Die Hard last night and it was pretty damn sweet. Action scenes were brutal and funny. Next to Knocked Up its the best movie I've seen this summer.

i personally thought Silent Hill was very good. I really enjoyed it. Saw it in the cinema and some bits had me on edge.

Especially when cybil and the other woman are running from pyramid head the first time, and the sword came through the door, i laughed out loud it made me recoil so much

From your sig, I deduce you're from Brazil right?

Kinda offtopic :P

I saw Live Free or Die Hard last night and it was pretty damn sweet. Action scenes were brutal and funny. Next to Knocked Up its the best movie I've seen this summer.

Is it true that they muffled out the motherfucker with a gunshot when McClane says 'Yippie-ki ay, motherfucker'?

Cliffhanger

Not that much action but overall a very exciting film. Somehow the climate seemed to change during the film though and Stallone seemed to be somewhat unaffected by being about an hour out in the snowy cold in a T-Shirt and he seems perfectly well too after going for a swim in icy water.

I think it's because he his Stallone.

The channel that broadcasted the film, although late night, decided to cut all the violent parts out which made some things a bit confusing. For instance you saw two men hold a gun. Next scene a person lies dead on the ground. Now who shot? Good work stupid TV channel.

But the film overall was pretty good 7/10

American Beauty.

Good. Great in fact. Sad, funny and interesting (probably the most mundane adjective there is...but I can't be arsed thinking about it). Spacey is king. Therefore, 9/10.

*Is catching up on classic movies...next up...The Truman Show*

American Beauty.

Good. Great in fact. Sad, funny and interesting (probably the most mundane adjective there is...but I can't be arsed thinking about it). Spacey is king. Therefore, 9/10.

*Is catching up on classic movies...next up...The Truman Show*

agree with this, Spacey is a great actor

Se7en

Usual Suspects

LA Confidential

all great performances from him :)

Edward Scissorhands - Started alright and had promise but I was really getting bored towards the end and not alot seemed to happen. Not one I would see again - 5.

Went and saw The Raise of the Silver surfer, really enjoyed the film and the stan lee bit was funny. I liked the first one and this one didnt disapoint either, But it could have been improved in some other areas.

9/10

I liked the first one and this one didnt disapoint either, But it could have been improved in some other areas.

9/10

So you gave it a 9/10?

Yeah, even though there are some bits that could do with improving I still think it was a great film. If asked I would go see it again.

Just a question but, in france are all movies in the cinema dubbed in french? I mean are there any movies that don't get dubbed?