NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Well, there are a lot of movies you might like that are "somewhat" related to Little Miss Sunshine, but this is the cream of the crop, the absolute best, so no, there isn't another flick out there that packs the same punch as Little Miss Sunshine, but you should go and see Vacation and Christmas Vacation if you're looking for a laugh. Other than that, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there aren't many comedies out there that reach the magical blend of "lol+not so lol" that is Little Miss Sunshine. Try Garden State. They're very different, but it's more or less the same premise. :P

Try watching Knocked Up. I think you'll love it. : peace:

And you're wrong, I don't know that much about movies. :heh:

I actually watched some of knocked up, my mate downloaded it and it was, well, a bit dissapointing after the good things I'd heard about it. Though I'm going to hold my judgement untill I see the full movie.

I actually watched some of knocked up, my mate downloaded it and it was, well, a bit dissapointing after the good things I'd heard about it. Though I'm going to hold my judgement untill I see the full movie.

Your first priority should be Garden State. :D Run, Haggis, run!

EDIT:

Shrek The Third

Bah... a load of junk, a dishonour to the first two movies.

4/10.

Garden State > Little Miss Sunshine imo.

Suffice to say I won't be visiting this thread for a while.

*runs after killing Hobbzinio in the face at point blank range with a shotgun. Twice.*

Garden State = Little Miss Sunshine IMO.

Hey, Hobb, nobody's perfect. :D

Whats the story/plot of Garden State then?

Just watch it. :D Seriously. :P NOW!

Garden State is overrated.

(Runs for cover)

I agree with you. It's a good film, but I really don't understand why everyone is ranting and raving about it.

I've seen two films tonight:

Batman Returns[u/]

My personal favourite of all the Batman films. I loved Begins, as well, but for me this is the best in the saga. Michael Keaton is a class act, and with supporting roles from Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfieffer (sp?) and Christopher Walken, you really can't go wrong. Awesome setting, great script and it has a real christmassy feel to it.

9.5/10. One of my favourite movies ever.

28 Days Later

Over the last few years, very rarely do I find myself watching a film over and over again. However, I think this film is a classic, especially the introduction around London, and the manic scene in the house at the very end. One of my favourite scenes in any film ever. And a fucking awesome soundtrack to boot.

Again, 9.5/10.

Garden State = Little Miss Sunshine.

Hey, Hobb, nobody's perfect. :D

Just watch it. :D Seriously. :P NOW!

If you're saying it's as good as Little Miss Sunshine then I'll get it off amazon and I'll watch it in paris one night on a portable dvd player. (I'm going there on the 3rd)

Thanks for the tip.:)

I think this film is a classic, especially the introduction around London.

Although I hate the movie, that scene is indeed grand.

Shrek 3

Dull. I wasn't that impressed with the second one tbh and this was way worse...Just watch the trailers and you've seen most of the jokes.

If you're saying it's as good as Little Miss Sunshine then I'll get it off amazon and I'll watch it in paris one night on a portable dvd player. (I'm going there on the 3rd)

Thanks for the tip.:)

You shouldn't relly on my opinion too much, but yeah, I think you won't be disapointed.

Shrek 3

Dull. I wasn't that impressed with the second one tbh and this was way worse...Just watch the trailers and you've seen most of the jokes.

Is the bit where Donkey does the puss in boots cute eye thing in it? Everytime I see that I go into hysterics. Its the "errrr kill it" bit.

I thought the second was better than the first imo.

Requiem For A Dream -

Darren Aronofsky's best film, pisses on The Fountain thats for sure. Awesome look into the down-side of drug abuse and its consequences from turning a seemingly normal exsistence into a fucked up one. The scenes where the old woman trips out are stunning, as is seeing Jennifer Connely's ass bounce on and off a double sided dildo :P lol.

Classy Film, that in its own insane way raises awareness on the negatives of drug abuse - 9/10

God, I love that movie so freaking much. =/

Shrek 3. Has its moments but its a "meh" film. I got really bored towards the end.

Shrek 3

I completely disagree. It thought it was hilarious actually.

7/10

I didn't mind Shrek 3. I only decided to watch it out of a dodgy circumstance.

I shall now go into a "last movie" spree.

Three Men And A Little Lady, this film is pure genius. I think I might just buy it on DVD for the sake of it.

28 Days Later, shit. Simple as. One of those films you can only watch once.

Tonight I shall be watching Fallen, I've seen it awhile ago, so I can't remember much of it.

Lilo & Stich

Finally got round to seeing it. A fun silly movie with as much heart as Disney gives. Plus Stitch is awesome. I want one.

Eight.

Superman Returns

5/10 A few good sections bunged with a load of boring sections mixed with a slow and boring plot (It felt like the plot of a 30-min TV episode, not a movie). Superman was always a terrible superhero, anyway.

Anal Angels Part 5 -

Superb cinematography, great acting and I was glued to the screen.

I know people say movies aren't as good as their predecessors. Was it as captivating as 1-4?

28 Days Later:

Scary, Believeable, Incredible

10/10

100% agree.

Requiem For A Dream -

Darren Aronofsky's best film, pisses on The Fountain thats for sure. Awesome look into the down-side of drug abuse and its consequences from turning a seemingly normal exsistence into a fucked up one. The scenes where the old woman trips out are stunning, as is seeing Jennifer Connely's ass bounce on and off a double sided dildo :P lol.

Classy Film, that in its own insane way raises awareness on the negatives of drug abuse - 9/10

Awesome movie! Jennifer Connely! Ass to ass! YEAH!

Tell No One

Wasn't expecting much but hot damn!

Really good film once it breaks into it, quirky but serious thirller thats all too real.

You watching it and not once do you go "phhhhfff! Why he do that he's incriminating himself!" the acting is absolutely believable, emotional and the cinematography is great to boot. Only really let down by an all too "easy" twist.

9/10

Brotherhood of the Wolf

I've always looked at this film as a french version of a chinese, epic martial arts a la CTHD or Hero etc.

The film is really beautiful, choreographed fight scenes are shot in an exhiliarating manner much the same as 300 without all the CG. Good ol' wires and bruises.

The story itself is quite intriguing as a 400 pound beast stalks the remote french countryside in what I assume is somewhere in the late 1700s or such, I'm no history buff.

Well to cut the plot short the king sends two kick ass guys who's job it is to capture or kill this 'beast'

Only really let down by some poor CG animation of the beast in a number of scenes.

Riveting stuff I say 9/10

Fantastic Four (the first one, happend to be on TV)

Incredibly mediocre. It wasn't a bad film, it had some nice special effects and wasn't too boring but the dialogue was very....expected really. Nothing came as a surprise, and it felt as though the director was going through a checklist when he made the film. There wasn't one point in the whole film where I thought 'Oh that was quite good' or 'That was cleverly done' (except the special effects which were very good I found)

An easy enough film to watch, but one which has much more style than substance. I give it a 5.

Evan Almighty

Awesome movie. It was really funny, great actors, and awesome idea of a movie! But It had basically the same plot as Bruce Almighty.

Guy gets new job, and has semi hot girlfriend, God does something to him, ruins his job, girlfriend leaves him for a little while, everything turns out perfect.

Thats about it, but it was a really good movie imo.

Wish they rode the Ark longer, and farthur though.

8/10 due to the second spoiler.

Evan Almighty

Awesome movie. It was really funny, great actors, and awesome idea of a movie! But It had basically the same plot as Bruce Almighty.

Guy gets new job, and has semi hot girlfriend, God does something to him, ruins his job, girlfriend leaves him for a little while, everything turns out perfect.

Thats about it, but it was a really good movie imo.

Wish they rode the Ark longer, and farthur though.

8/10 due to the second spoiler.

Its been a MASSIVE flop in america this week. I loved this first one mind.