NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

It's alright like.

Sounds about right. Somebody needs to calm down.

I could never warrent giving pirates at worlds end 9/10, thats pure MADNESS. My favourite film only gets 9/10. I'm quite a harsh critic, but not as harsh as Bluejay.:heh:

Alphaville

Jean-Luc Godard does Film Noir/Sci-Fi, and does it in just about the coolest way possible. 1960's Paris stands in for the future megalopolis of Alphaville, a city run by a giant computer. Visually it's incredible and it features the lovely Anna Karina. Great film.

8/10

Cremaster 2

Bee's coming out of an elongated penis.

8/10

Any of the POTC getting above a 7 makes me a sad panda. Thats not to say the first one is a poor film far from it. The 2nd one is horrendous however, haven't managed to bring myself to see the 3rd one.

Pfft, the first Pirates gets a 7, the second gets a 6. Haven't seen the new one, so no comment. I don't watch many movies.

Number 3s probably the best.

I dont understand the huge hype about the Pirates films.

I can however say that Johnny Depp fans are fucking obnoxious *****.

"Zomfg he so hunky, he so talented, zomfg he could play anyone, he should play X character cos he so zomfg amazing"

Yes we get it, hes talented. Get over yourself.

Alphaville

Jean-Luc Godard does Film Noir/Sci-Fi, and does it in just about the coolest way possible. 1960's Paris stands in for the future megalopolis of Alphaville, a city run by a giant computer. Visually it's incredible and it features the lovely Anna Karina. Great film.

8/10

"Once we know the number one, we believe that we know the number two, because one plus one equals two. We forget that first we must know the meaning of plus." Ah-ah, classic! :D

Cremaster 2

Bee's coming out of an elongated penis.

8/10

I preffer the 3rd one. :P

Talladega Nights: 6/10

Some laugh out loud moments but not nearly as funny as Anchorman (same director and with Ferrell).

haggis and triforce r young, of course they r gonna overrate hollywood blockbusters - i know i did when i was 15...

Bollocks, I'm 20 and I still love most of the blockbusters. All you guys were slagging off Spiderman 3 but I thought it was great.

Stop looking for all the deep meaning and other shit and just enjoy it for what it is!

Bollocks, I'm 20 and I still love most of the blockbusters. All you guys were slagging off Spiderman 3 but I thought it was great.

Stop looking for all the deep meaning and other shit and just enjoy it for what it is!

Well said, people try to be elitist and end up not liking anything. I just enjoy the movies and that's it.

Pirates of the Carribean 3

Bit much with the endless string of mythical objects. Stefkov spoilt the end (lol).

The hierarchy or pirates and the world council thing seemed wrong. Elaborating - 'Lizzy King of the Pirates'

:confused: .

Still love the Davy Jones Character. Good action quite thrilling. 2wice as humerous as the others put together.

8/10

Yes, it was great. But it could've been so much better. That's the whole point. You shouldn't be satisfies coz things are "good enough". You shoul be satisfied when they are as good as they can be. :P It doens't matter if it's a blockbuster or not. LOTR was a blockbuster. 3 blockbusters, actually, and that did not prevent it from shining oh so brightly.

Exactly!!!!!!

I know what your saying hob, but I don't like every blockbuster..and AWE was the best film I'd seen in quite a while, I really did love it. My favourite film ever though isn't a blockbuster, far from it in fact, its Crash.

This recent blockbusters conversation reminds me of an article I read a while ago (which is a bit of a stronger view than mine):

Soon it'll be summertime, and the annual march of the sequels will resume. "Spider-Man 3." "Shrek 3." The third "Pirates of the Caribbean." The fourth "Die Hard." The fifth "Harry Potter."

If that list excites you, there's probably a simple explanation: you're 12. But for everyone else, it's hard to shake the feeling that Hollywood has lost interest in us.

Personally I much prefer a good seralised TV drama to a film, I think if done right television can tell a better story.

Anyway. Im going to watch 'Gracie's Choice' later (seems like a 'Lifetime' Chick-flick kind of thing but its got Kristen Bell in so I'm watching anyway).

Great flick. :)

yeh it is, very good film, deals with alot of issues in a pretty good way..it definitly deserved that oscar it got.

Is it good? I nearly saw it at the Phoenix (local indie cinema) but didn't end up going. Reviews weren't great

It's very, very good. except the last scene, which is sentimental guff of the highest order, and should be treated with mental bargepoles, or somesuch. Ideally, it should be warded agaisnt with occult powers. Other than that, I thought it was brilliant.

Crash is probably the most cliched film I have ever seen. ZOMG EVERYBODY IS RACIST ROFLS!!!1!:indeed:

Crash is probably the most cliched film I have ever seen. ZOMG EVERYBODY IS RACIST ROFLS!!!1!:indeed:

You'd be surprised how many people are racist, but it doesn't say everyone is does it? Its a great film that shows the issues in america at the moment, and if it can have an effect on even a few people and change their views then surely thats a good thing?

:indeed: (...)

A cheap and thinly veiled excuse to market toys and games?

Has anyone here seen "About A Boy?"

yeah. It's bloody brilliant :heh:

Watching Rambo III atm...God I :heart: Stallone!

Last film I saw was "Basquiat" (sp?), a biopic of Jean-Michelle Basquiat, the artist who shot to fame in the 1980's. It has Jeffrey Wright as Jean-Michelle, David Bowie as a GREAT Andy Warhol, and that girl from Meet Joe Black. (And Courteny Love in a stray scene for a laugh)

It's very surreal in parts, and feels like a very arty film. Lot of drug abuse going on here.

8/10. Very well acted, with lots of cool cameos; Christopher Walken, Courtney Love etc.