NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I'm looking for that David Bowie song right now!

Just in case you didn't find it, it was Cat People.

Dan, the comparison with Watchmen was to do with the soundtrack, and how putting songs in scenes can work or not.

I love that it has a perfect score from everyone *claps* :D

Oxigen's not allowed to come and ruin it :heh:

Iron Man

Great action film. ReZ, it does have all kinds of awesome and I can see why you rave about it, so much better than other comic films. The effects are amazing! Robert Downey Jr does have an alluring charm that is so watchable and his wit shone through the script.

In the cave they would have seen him put on the suit WAY sooner, that was annoying. Also when he did his first fly over the enemy camp he could have blown them all up, but he just didn't. Also far too obvious that the big guy was the baddie.

Very Good/10

Ah, it wasn't really a twist that he was the bad guy tbf.

Did you watch after the credits?

Gotta ask: who the fuck compares Inglourious Basterds to Watchmen? Mental.

Me.

IB's soundtrack works. Ridiculously well. Bolstered my cinematic experience.

Watchmen's soundtrack killed the already mediorce film.

Ah, it wasn't really a twist that he was the bad guy tbf.

Did you watch after the credits?

No I didn't, what happened?

The 25 minute screening of Avatar was AMAZING! REVOLUTIONARY! The CG was near perfection, the story and action was definately there, and the 3-D was so damn amazing, I felt like I was literally looking out of a window. Don't Doubt James Cameron, he is GOD!

Gotta ask: who the fuck compares Inglourious Basterds to Watchmen? Mental.

you wont agree but I thought watchmen was shiiit ha.. so that's how I compare.. A film I like vs a film i don't.. sounds easy :)

G.I Joe

Haha. Fucking terrible. As soon as it began, I knew it would be. It looked like it had a budget of about a quid. Half the time the effects looked so fake, it was actually laughable. Secondly, the dialogue has to be some of the worst in film. Ever. At one point the woman held a gun up and told a woman to get out a lift before saying "Get out!! Hey, nice shoes". FUCK OFF.

Edited by Slaggis

G.I Joe

Haha. Fucking terrible. As soon as it began, I knew it would be. It looked like it had a budget of about a quid. Half the time the effects looked so fake, it was actually laughable. Secondly, the dialogue has to be some of the worst in film. Ever. At one point the woman held a gun up and told a woman to get out a lift before saying "Get out!! Hey, nice shoes". FUCK OFF.

Haven't seen it but I imagined it to be exactly as you described - they really did kill G.I. Joe, it was fucking awesome back in the day. Nothing will ever beat the original movie's opening for me - so campy yet awesome!

Man I loved the 80s.

The last film I saw:

The Blues Brothers

I hadn't seen it for a very long time and hence, remembered very little of it and I'm surprised that that was the case. One of the best films ever made. John Belushi is a legend and I love the all-star cast. The bit with Ray Charles performing 'Shake a Tail Feather' is one of my favourite movie moments ever. Period. If you've not watched it, make sure you do, it's such a feel good, yet hilarious and funky film.

11/10

G.I Joe

HA and yet I still prefer it to transformers 2 :D

The Blues Brothers

I hadn't seen it for a very long time and hence, remembered very little of it and I'm surprised that that was the case. One of the best films ever made. John Belushi is a legend and I love the all-star cast. The bit with Ray Charles performing 'Shake a Tail Feather' is one of my favourite movie moments ever. Period. If you've not watched it, make sure you do, it's such a feel good, yet hilarious and funky film.

11/10

Agreed! It's all kinds of awesome!!

Plus it has John Candy in it, who is also pure win!!

Agreed! It's all kinds of awesome!!

Plus it has John Candy in it, who is also pure win!!

Haha, I said the very same thing when he appeared and my girlfriend was like "who?".

She almost got a beating.

*I kid, I kid!

After ReZs sing along Facebook status, I decided to watch Labyrinth.

I'm not even going to attempt to rate it with any sort of objectivity. It's my favourite film ever and I don't care who knows it. It's a massive shame that they don't use puppets often nowerdays, they have so much charm.

I don't know if it was just well acted or whether David Bowie really did enjoy making it, because it certainly looked that way.

Plus the young Jennifer Connely is lovely to look at (not in that way you pervs, she was 15).

Turborad-Bowiebulge/10

Haha, I said the very same thing when he appeared and my girlfriend was like "who?".

She almost got a beating.

You sir, are a finer man than me. If my wife had asked me "Who is John Candy?" I would have laid all kinds of smackdown on her rawhide.

And yes the Blues Brothers is awesome.

Aha, funny you all talk about Labyrinth. I decided to watch it late last night.

Labyrinth

It's a fantastic movie, I really enjoyed it. My mate loves this movie and he tried getting me to watch it and I'm glad he did. For some reason, I liked this song, lol.

The Notebook

Good movie, despite being pretty sad. Didn't find it as good as other friends/family made it out to be....but yeh, still enjoyed it.

7.5/10

Rocky 2 - good follow up. Could of had been merged with the first to make a three hour epic and it would of still won an Oscar methinks. 9/10

Rocky 3 - entertaining. 7/10

Rocky 4 - too many montages and cheesy moments. 3/10

Rocky 5 - watchable but it's just a poor story. 4/10

Rocky Balboa - seen this one before and loved it, but I didn't like the way the figt was filmed - felt like I was watching Rocky not being Rocky in action. Excellent film to finish the series with. 8/10

Rocky 2 - good follow up. Could of had been merged with the first to make a three hour epic and it would of still won an Oscar methinks. 9/10

Rocky 3 - entertaining. 7/10

Rocky 4 - too many montages and cheesy moments. 3/10

Rocky 5 - watchable but it's just a poor story. 4/10

Rocky Balboa - seen this one before and loved it, but I didn't like the way the figt was filmed - felt like I was watching Rocky not being Rocky in action. Excellent film to finish the series with. 8/10

oh come on rocky 4 is at least better than 5 :)

I went to see Inglourious Basterds yesterday, got two hours in (right up to the big climax!) and the bulb broke in the projector. How incredibly annoying! We got a full refund and some free tickets though. Never mind, I'm going to see it again next week.

The_Core_poster.jpg

I love this film.

It is awful.

Whocomesupwiththisshit/10

The_Core_poster.jpg

I love this film.

It is awful.

Whocomesupwiththisshit/10

Haha, is this the film where they go in that weird ship underneath the Earth and that dude melts when he goes outside to dislodge/do something? (I can't remember, obviously it was that bad!)

Haha, is this the film where they go in that weird ship underneath the Earth and that dude melts when he goes outside to dislodge/do something? (I can't remember, obviously it was that bad!)

Yeah, Hilary Wank is in it.

It's like a high budget B-movie. In that respect it is kind of entertaining. :heh: