NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Watchmen

Enjoyed this movie alot....surprised considering alot of people were saying that you'd have to have read the graphic novels beforehand to enjoy the movie. Liked the action scenes, some characters had pretty awesome backgrounds and i really liked the soundtrack as well. Awesome.

8.5/10

Music And Lyrics

Such a nice movie! I love Drew Barrymore to death, so just the fact she was in it made me happy. The story was sweet, and was really pleasent to see it being put in across (in an albeit vaguely) different way than the usual run-of-the-mill romantic comedy. I usually hate Hugh Grants bumbling romantic act, but for once he didn't over do it, which I think was down to the chemisty Barrymore and himself had on screen.

Genuinly funny and sweet.

I can't bring myself to ever open the DVD box of Music and Lyrics. Since I hate Hugh Grant, and I just know exactly what both he and Barrymore are going to be like in it.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

My favourite one of them all! Love it!

9/10

High School Musical

Still love it and I don't care, lol. Love Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale, both are awesome.

8/10

Aliens in the Attic

I thought this was very good, few laughs in it and, is it me or are the aliens cute? haha. Plus, it's Ashley Tisdale! lmao.

8/10

Eraser

Stars EEVIL's "best friend". Excellent movie, complete with an ending not seen on DVD (complete with the train crash). Love the movie, one i can watch again.

9.5/10

Hellboy

Stars Ron Pearlman. Excellent start to what is believed to be a trilogy according to Wikipedia (who say there is a 3rd movie coming soon, probably next year or the year after). It is the better of the two movies so far, and is an excellent movie to watch in High Definition.

9/10

Eraser

Stars EEVIL's "best friend". Excellent movie, complete with an ending not seen on DVD (complete with the train crash). Love the movie, one i can watch again.

9.5/10

Blame Dan Dare and Flinky. If they hadn't kept going on about Getting To The Choppa I would've have bought all those DVD's and have this as one of my alarm noises.

Blame Dan Dare and Flinky. If they hadn't kept going on about Getting To The Choppa I would've have bought all those DVD's and have this as one of my alarm noises.

You have that as an alarm clock call, interesting

I can't bring myself to ever open the DVD box of Music and Lyrics. Since I hate Hugh Grant, and I just know exactly what both he and Barrymore are going to be like in it.

That seems utterly pointless, Paj! Don't judge something before at least giving it a fair chance. Grant was just how I assumed he would be, albeit slightly less annoying than usual. But Barrymore brought something different to the movie, and the script was genuinely better than most of the romantic comedies I've seen over the years. The scene in the restraunt where she's terrified after seeing her ex who basically emotionally crippled her after writing a book about their relationship was so well done, and ended up being totally hilarious and yet I felt utterly sorry for her at the same time. Barrymore managed to make her character utterly likeable, which is usually quite hard considering most female characters in romantic comedies all seem like the same character, i.e bland and cliche without a hint of real to life behaviour about them.

Then again, all that could be about my love for Barrymore on screen. Ahwell.

Edited by Slaggis

I appreciate what you say, but it is one of those films my family own that takes so long to get down to low HP. I often just Run Away instead of bothering. One day, it will happen.

I like Hugh Grant. Notting Hill and Love Actually are two films that I can just watch over and over. :)

I've seen a lot of films lately, but the trouble is that I forget about what I've seen.

The Matrix

Seen this many times, but it still seems very fresh and as enjoyable each time. Say what you want about the sequels, but the first film is a masterpiece. Hugo Weaving perhaps steals the show with his performance as Agent Smith. Very menacing and calculated. A great movie villan.

I'd probably rate this about a 9/10. Great film. :)

The Thing

This is a film that I've seen quite a few times, and this really is my type of film. I love Science-Fiction films, and particularly films where there is a feeling of isolation whilst people take on an unknown threat. I'm going to have it get this on DVD at some point, because I do rate this really highly.

8.5/10. Another great film, and one you should see at some point in your lives, I think. It can be a bit silly when you see the "things", but do remember that this film is nearly 30 years old. However, it is great and will leave you entertained. :)

I thought the SFX in The Thing were absolutely mind blowing. I mean, I have a serious nerd on for animatronics anyway, but the ones they used there were just...phenomenal.

It's a fucking great bit of cinema too. Wonderfully paced, genuinely menacing, psychological...got all you need for a dark bit of sci-fi.

I'd rate it alongside The Terminator. Ya'll know that's the shit!

True, it's always fun to see someone that annoying getting killed. For some reason my (and my Dad, Step Mum and Sister) thought that the film was terrible. We still don't understand how it got good reviews.

it's different.. It's very well done.. i thought for what it was ...

and does what it says on the tin it's weird and freaky.

P.S I Love You

Completely different to music and lyrics, because it came across as utterly cliche most of the time. I did like how it ended unexpectedly, but they only had sexy irish man in it a couple of times which was such a bad decision. :p The main guys fake irish accent has to have been one of the most horrific attempts at an irish accent ever, I could have done better for christ sake. The speech at the end that was such a contrived attempt at making the audience cry annoyed me too. I mean, I know that's the point of the end of these movies, but they could have least made it less obvious in the way they did it. Oh and when she ended the movie with "P.S...Guess what", I immedietly thought "Er, how about P.S FUCK OFF". Such a horrible attempt at being cute and funny it hurts.

Anyway, the only thing that pushed it above being an average romantic comedy was Lisa Kudrow. When she was in the bar at the start of the movie and went up to some guys and was like:

"Are you single?"..."Yes"..."Are you gay?"...."Yes"...*She walks off*

"Are You single?"..."Yes"....Are You gay?"...."No"...."Do You Work?"..."No" *She walks off*

6/10 (But whenever Kudrow was on screen, a definite 8)

Edited by Slaggis

Funny you say that, my alarm clock sings 'Return of the Mack' when it goes off, lmao. It don't have Arnie screaming 'MAAAACK' though, haha.

Did yew know Scott Porter is in it.

Funny you say that, my alarm clock sings 'Return of the Mack' when it goes off, lmao. It don't have Arnie screaming 'MAAAACK' though, haha.

Time for a change then.

Antichrist

On the edge of my seat hyperventilating, with my hands to my eyes because it was so horrific /10

Antichrist

On the edge of my seat hyperventilating, with my hands to my eyes because it was so horrific /10

That good? :heh:

Kidulthood 9/10

I thought it was a really gripping film, portrays the young generation as twats but it was funny in places, sometimes scary, but generally very enjoyable throughout.

Final Destination 7/10

Predictable, although I guess the film made it that way. It was decent enough but I'm not sure how they managed to release 3 (or more?) sequels to it.

I also watched The Matrix cause it was on ITV the other day, still a 9/10 film for me.

That good? :heh:

Quickly watch it.

I've never not been able to look at the screen for such a long period of time before.

Genuinely horrific and uncomfortable to watch. And so funny at the same time (at the end of chapter 3).

Took an evening of films recently.

Prince Of Egypt: Epic is the best word to describe it, the scenes the story and some of it´s music.

Though the singing is probably the worst part of the film, too much singing and most of it is not really that special.

I would recommend it if you are a fan of biblical tales.

I had barely heard of it until a friend of mine told me to watch it

X-men 2: My favourite comic book film, Dark Knight is better and more enjoyable film but I remember loving this film when it came out and is bumbed up to top just because I loved it to death when it came out and memory makes it seem better.

Irrational I know.

The Mummy: Not as good as I remembered but the best of three, anything is better then the third one...

It´s a decent action flick with a couple good laughs.

Blade Runner: Second watching and gave me pretty much the same reaction, love the environment and characters but it really dosen´t evoke any suspense for me.

It´s a very good film but I would rather read the novel again rather then watching it if I had a choice between the two.

Antichrist

The name of this film kinda made me overlook it but I checked the trailer and it looks interesting, might have a look at it.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Another Arnie movie, this time as the futuristic cyborg sent back through time. I personally think that when both Arnie's and Roberts Terminator characters go after John, you don't actually know who is set to kill him until the corridor. (thats if you have never seen the second movie). Brilliant movie, better than the first one to be fair.

10/10

I have been pretty inactive for a while, broken laptops etc. But now I'm back.

Blast From The Past

Fairly relevant title. Decent, very gentle comedy. Alicia Silverstone's acting is a little hammy and her hair is a little too curly, but her nice face more than makes up for it.

6/10

Adventureland

Comedy/Drama from the director of Superbad about a college graduate forced to work at a theme park over the summer. He falls for a co-worker (played by Kristen Stewart) and the film unravels from there.

It's marketed as a straight up, Superbad-esque comedy but it's just a avery nice, entertaining film about working a crappy job where the people are nice. It does seem a little too obsessed with Lou Reed though

6/10

I also watched Eagle vs Shark which is good fun, although Jemaine Clement is surprisingly poor. The lead actress is fantastic though and it's another fairly interesting take on the 'two oddballs falling in love' premise. Great ending though for both fans and users of wheelchairs.

That gets a 6.5/10