A significant movie.

9.5/10

-----

Ghost Town

Not too shabby.

6.8/10

--------

The Proposal

Very good indeed. Ryan nails it of course. Kept thinking about Green Lantern though, and getting distracted. But it was great.

8.3/10

Missing in Action

Stars Chuck Norris. Seriously, this is a good movie to watch. Colonel James Braddock (Norris) heads back into Vietnam to rescue American M.I.A's that the Vietnam government deny are even there. It's a good no nonsense, straight to the point movie complete with a very annoyed Braddock in many places.

9/10

The Proposal

Very good indeed. Ryan nails it of course. Kept thinking about Green Lantern though, and getting distracted. But it was great.

8.3/10

Good to hear as I'm watching this tonight with some friends (I haven't seen them in years, so I couldn't say no).

The Proposal

8.3/10

Really, Sandra Bullock? She hasn't done anything good since Speed. Don't say Crash because it is overrated.

Also ReZ, I watched half of Pineapple Express. I felt...total nothingness. Think I'd rather watch Cheech and Chong! I will finish it before I rate though, maybe it's a late burner.

'Paris, Texas'

Amazingly beautifull movie that was really depressing to me. I started slow, had an awesome atmosphere, and then destoyed your expectations at the ending. Pure awesomeness, 10/10

Really, Sandra Bullock? She hasn't done anything good since Speed. Don't say Crash because it is overrated.

Also ReZ, I watched half of Pineapple Express. I felt...total nothingness. Think I'd rather watch Cheech and Chong! I will finish it before I rate though, maybe it's a late burner.

Nice pun. But....well I loved the whole film. Stuff happens in the finale though. But if you don't like the first half, you're not gonna like the second (which makes you mental, btw)

And Sandra Bullock is enjoyable, just irritating usually. Crash is overrated as fuck. It seems as though you are underestimating the Ryan Reynolds factor however.

Fx%RR=T

(How good the film is, times by the percentage of how much Ryan Reynolds is in it, = true score of how good it is)

Pineapple Express is pretty shit too be honest, didn't find it that funny...

Just watched Harry Potter Half Blood Prince

Was good, hadn't seen the one before so wasn't entirely sure what had happened before hand (haven't read the books either) but didn't find it to rely too heavily on the small details that preceded so wasn't ever really lost. The 'jump' bit got me, even though it was blatantly coming!

My mate after was going on about how some of the stuff was changed from the book, but as I haven't read it that didn't bother me at all, although I did feel the end was a little bit of a let down and could have been much more!

7/10

A solid movie that perhaps just sits more as build up to the final part, but still enjoyable all the same.

The Bone Collector - didn't really get into it.....thought it was a bit boring but picked up towards the end I admit. Wasn't really in the mood for a crime solving movie but managed to finish it off anyways. 6/10

Million Dollar Baby - loved this movie. Thought it was excellent. Clint Eastwood was awesome as was Morgan Freeman. Really enjoyed this. 8.8/10

Miss Congeniality is a pr0 film.

The Proposal

Pretty decent, but nothing great. I also couldn't stop thinking that Sandra Bullock looked a lot like Felicia Day for some reason.

6/10

0_o

Tron

Since seeing the Legacy trailer I've been thinking I should watch...and watch I did. I think I'll need to see it again, tune in a bit more and try and differentiate them in their suits as they all looked alike. Except the lady with occassional cameltoe of course. But still, entertaining in a geeky/oh lord how awful was the 80s kind of way.

0_o

Tron

Since seeing the Legacy trailer I've been thinking I should watch...and watch I did. I think I'll need to see it again, tune in a bit more and try and differentiate them in their suits as they all looked alike. Except the lady with occassional cameltoe of course. But still, entertaining in a geeky/oh lord how awful was the 80s kind of way.

Did you think of "Take On Me" when they were on the bikes?

I need to see this again. That and Logan's Run.

Factotum

"If you can't drive with a boner, I can't use you. Some of my best guys drive with raging hard-ons sixteen hours a day."

Matt Dillon: Alarmingly attractive

Edited by gaggle64

Did you think of "Take On Me" when they were on the bikes?

No. Not once. Never.

Mr Bean's Holiday

What is the point of this film? Does Rowan Atkinson like France? It has an ending just like the previous Bean film... The sketches are just stolen from the old TV series and I am not a big fan of France. This film is one big family friendly puke fest.

2/10 (gave it an extra 1 because it's Mr Bean)

Panda Go Panda!

I've never watched this film dubbed before and the dubbing of Papa Panda was probably the weirdest dubbing I've ever experienced. The rest of the dubbing was on parity with Shenmue.

8/10 undubbed

4/10 dubbed (a very different experience)

Edited by Pyxis

Bruno

Although was insanely funny pretty much throughout, i kind of felt a little disappointed. I had seen a lot of the best bits in the adverts and trailers for it and it seemed to end a bit quickly.

7/10

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Wow, lot of attractiveness in here. The film that made me decide to learn and try and become fluent in Spanish. Not sure why its called a rom com though....although bits were witty and funny, it was certainly a drama. Good though.

8/10

---

Land of the Lost

Man I love Danny McBride. And of course Will Ferrell. They are both great in it, and theres some really quotable bits. Very funny. It had two bits where I havn't laughed as hard in the cinema, in a very very long time.

8.5/10

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Wow, lot of attractiveness in here. The film that made me decide to learn and try and become fluent in Spanish. Not sure why its called a rom com though....although bits were witty and funny, it was certainly a drama. Good though.

8/10

---

Land of the Lost

Man I love Danny McBride. And of course Will Ferrell. They are both great in it, and theres some really quotable bits. Very funny. It had two bits where I havn't laughed as hard in the cinema, in a very very long time.

8.5/10

I hated Vicky Christina Barcelona. And got accused of being sexist when in my review (for a lecture) I said the only reason a male may wish to see this is for the leading ladies. I still stand by it. Awful film.

And I'm torn abotu LotL. I love Anna Friel but am damn sick of Ferrell already (no offense, I know he's like Moses to you).

Sandra Bullock is amazing! She's one of those actresses that I can instantly warm to everytime I see her on screen, whatever movie she's in. I used to say the same thing about Crash, but after watching it numerous times, it's definitely a brilliant movie. Though, it's still totally beyond me as to why it beat Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture at the oscars. Brokeback is obviously the better movie, especially when factoring in Ledgers performance (Which he should have won the oscar for too. Another totally wrong decision on the academy's part).

I've rambled.

I hated Vicky Christina Barcelona. And got accused of being sexist when in my review (for a lecture) I said the only reason a male may wish to see this is for the leading ladies. I still stand by it. Awful film.

Nah! It was good. Anything with those two in though....it is hard to concentrate on plot and such. ;)

And I'm torn abotu LotL. I love Anna Friel but am damn sick of Ferrell already (no offense, I know he's like Moses to you).

I suspect you wouldn't like it, as it is typically Will Ferrelly.

VCB was horrible. Lazy storytelling ("how about we just get the narrator to say EVERYTHING these people are thinking rather than have them show it. Oh and why not get someone with a fucking irritating voice? That'd be jim dandy!"), overly convenient plotting (lets have them all fall in love with the same guy and then...have one of them go away for a week or two to make it easier). I liked Cruz in it, and Johansen until Cruz turned up at which point she then became bland.

Also I take issue with the scene where he walks over and says "I'm going to take you two away and we'll have a threesome." Maybe its the female company I'd keep but thats so creepy/sleazy I feel he should have been kicked in the balls. My (male) lecturer who liked the film said its just a male fantasy (as a lot of Allen's films are) and I wanted to reply with "yeah but I'm not a desperate middled aged man" but restrained.

I think thats the rant out of my system ^_^

Something About Mary

Shit/10

The best bit was the special introduction by Ben Stiller, who makes out that this film is somehow important.