NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Porco Rosso

Im not entirely sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this...enjoyed it though. Gotta love Ghibli's feisty girls eh?

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Meh, it was ok. Nothing special though. Leon got a bit annoying with his emotionless voice and face but the story and action were ok I guess.

6/10

I checked IMDB previously (to see if I had to see it or not) and it didn't list her. Thus I havn't made efforts/don't want to see it.

I thought the other ones were okay though.

I like the other ones. She isn't in this one. It is a prequel, so you see that medallion. OH, she is in it at the end. Its not a spoiler, but you just see her at the end on a ledge, bascially there will be another, which I will see. I quite like the action and the idea of vampires v werewolves/lycans =]

Currently watching The Children of Huang Shi, but don't really like it I think. Film is just too long and the acting from most isn't great, especially the main actor (Jonathan Rhys Meyers).

Will just keep watching because I have nothing else to do, heh.

The Wrestler.

Epic film about something I have loved since I was 6. Opened up a whole new side of the business I knew existed but ignored, all the paralells with the stripper were highlighted immaculately. Excellent camerawork and an oscar deserving performance from Rourke. I thought the ending was handled spectacularly. Best film I've seen in years.

9.5/10

Death Note

I did enjoy this but watching it in live action after reading most of that story in manga might have ruined it a bit. There were changes but they didnt seem bad to me. Maybe felt a bit rushed though, im not too sure on that. I do look forward to seeing the next one though.

7.5/10

Hairspray

Still love it! It's just so goddamn happy. There are some great songs, some really funny lines and most the characters are a joy to watch. So much better than the average musical. It actually has some personality.

Bring on Hairspray 2!

Son of Ranbow

Pretty good film, though I was expecting quite a bit more comedy!

First half hour or so was the best, with the two of them filming the stunt scenes; and the last 10mins also in the cinema.

The rest wasn't really what I expected, but it was alright.

6.5/10

Son of Ranbow

Pretty good film, though I was expecting quite a bit more comedy!

First half hour or so was the best, with the two of them filming the stunt scenes; and the last 10mins also in the cinema.

The rest wasn't really what I expected, but it was alright.

6.5/10

I quite liked Son of Rambow and reccomended it to my housemate so she watched it and didn't like it. Thus I concluded its because thats what the life of (most) young boys is like; pretending you are your favourite action hero and playing it out. To be honest I can't remember most of it but I did enjoy it.

Plus Ed Westwick with natural accent and a huge 80's mobile phone was lols.

Mean Girls.

YOUR MUMS CHEST HAIR

I cannot think of a fault for this movie. Literally, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Karen, is so wonderfully retarded.

"I'm psychic. It's like I have a 5th sense or something. I think I have ESPN. My breasts can tell when it's going to rain...well, then can tell when it's raining."

(I'm not rating this, as something compared to actual classic movies. I'm just saying for what it is, it's perfect).

Mean Girls.

YOUR MUMS CHEST HAIR

I cannot think of a fault for this movie. Literally, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Karen, is so wonderfully retarded.

(I'm not rating this, as something compared to actual classic movies. I'm just saying for what it is, it's perfect).

Awesome film. I have to watch it whenever it's on. It's just fucking well made.

10/10 - A modern young teen classic.

Clueless for the 2000s imo.

Awesome film. I have to watch it whenever it's on. It's just fucking well made.

10/10 - A modern young teen classic.

Clueless for the 2000s imo.

Most definitely, though If I had to compare them, I'd say Mean Girls was the better movie overall. Somehow I can't see another teen movie beating it, ever. I thought after it, teen movies might have become a little more intelligent. Instead, we've been subjected to numerous American Pie dvd sequels.

Fail.

Witness - 9/10

I missed the first 40 minutes because Harrison Ford was in another movie on BBC1 (got mixed up) but I picked up the gist and it is a very good film. Ford is such a legend, probably my favourite actor.

I feel like Mean Girls is one of my guilty little pleasures, but it shouldn't be really. As you say Haggis, it's a great film for what it is. ''Don't have sex because you will get pregnant and die''...love.

I feel like Mean Girls is one of my guilty little pleasures, but it shouldn't be really. As you say Haggis, it's a great film for what it is. ''Don't have sex because you will get pregnant and die''...love.

Hehe, totally. It's a film you think would be classed as a guilty pleasure, but it's just too good to be placed under that title. Some of the lines are pure genius.

"Most people think I'm lying about being a virgin because I prefer jumbo tampons, but I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina..."

That, and "Boo, you whore". I was addicted to saying that for months. Ooo, and "Can I assign someone to butter your muffin?".

Damn. Now I want to watch it again...Molly!

Hehe, totally. It's a film you think would be classed as a guilty pleasure, but it's just too good to be placed under that title. Some of the lines are pure genius.

"Most people think I'm lying about being a virgin because I prefer jumbo tampons, but I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina..."

That, and "Boo, you whore". I was addicted to saying that for months. Ooo, and "Can I assign someone to butter your muffin?".

Damn. Now I want to watch it again...Molly!

Hahaha! Sorry. It's not me though, it's the comedic value of the writing :heh:

Mean Girls invented the word "fugly" too.

----------

Kes

I love this film.

I love how the ending pulled out of context would be really inconsequential, and not that big a deal, but the fact that the bird is the only positive thing in the boy's awful life makes it so poignant. There was a tear in my eye.

I love how everything seems grey in the film too. Like dreary.

9/10

Though Clueless and Mean Girls are the only essential films of the genre, and they're both excellent, I never know which I prefer.

Mean Girls is more outright funny, but I have more of an emotional response to Clueless. The last 20 minutes make me really depressed for some reason.

Plus the satire and poking fun is much subtler. But it's different, not better or worse.

----

Dreamgirls

7/10

Jennifer Hudson was good in it, but I don't see an Oscar-worthy acting performance, unless they counted the songs and choreography, cause a lot of that involved "acting".

She and Beyonce were astounding voice wise, and it was overall better than I thought.

----

Yeah... except Clueless is a satire...

*claps*

Posted before I did, but yeah. I value your opinion on music and films, so I'm glad I saw the two as seperate too. :smile:

----

LOL! Haggis you reminded me how funny "Boo you whore." is.

Yeah... except Clueless is a satire...

And? Are we still not allowed to compare the two movies at all? All we were saying was that, as movies aimed primarily at teens, they are the best two around. That's it.

I didn't mean that Mean Girls was worst because of that, by the way. Actually, it's quite a breath of fresh air to the genre, and even if I wouldn't exactly call it a masterpiece, I definitely recognize it has it's value.

Did anyone else think that Regina wasn't actually good-looking in the slightest?

Gretchen was lovely though. Is she actually Asian of origin? I never got if that was supposed to be a joke or not, since she seemed more Jewish-y that Asian to me...

Did anyone else think that Regina wasn't actually good-looking in the slightest?

She looked very aggressive and particularly attractive no. Which is either just her face in that style (Rachale McAdams is hot in Red Eye with curly brown hair), or a excellent styling on her by the director or whatever.

Gretchen was lovely though. Is she actually Asian of origin? I never got if that was supposed to be a joke or not, since she seemed more Jewish-y that Asian to me...

Rachel McAdams with blonde hair = Not Hot. As a Brunette = Very Hot.

Lohan looked suprisingly attractive in the movie (before she turned "plastic"), which is odd, considering she just...isn't.

Though Clueless and Mean Girls are the only essential films of the genre, and they're both excellent, I never know which I prefer.

Specify which genre you are classing them as...

Besides. Mean Girls is awesome because it was written by Tina Fey. Tina Fey is awesome. Ergo so is Mean Girls.

Plus it had Amanda Seyfried and yes was perhaps the last time Lohan looked hot.