NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Hell on Earth: The Desecration and Resurrection of the Devils

Documentary about Ken Russell's infamous 1971 film The Devils, presented by Mark Kermode. Gives a real insight into how the film was censored and the feelings of all parties concerned. There is a fantastic moment when Kermode screens the long lost 'rape of christ' sequence to Ken Russell and a few of the principal cast and crew.

Hopefully we will one day get to see an uncut version of the film.

9/10

(I know where the exits are now switch the bloody exits sign lights off!!!)

OMG that is 100% true. Does my nut in.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

A very funny and aggressive movie. I really like how it makes fun of Hollywood yet in parts is a lot like the big blockbusters. The story is really good though and the main characters are very entertaining.

The whole storyline is always at the brink of becoming unreal but the "russian roulette" scene alone is almost worth the whole movie.

8/10

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

A very funny and aggressive movie. I really like how it makes fun of Hollywood yet in parts is a lot like the big blockbusters. The story is really good though and the main characters are very entertaining.

The whole storyline is always at the brink of becoming unreal but the "russian roulette" scene alone is almost worth the whole movie.

8/10

I really love that movie, Robert Downey Jr is brilliant in it. Althought of course I think he his brilliant in most movies.

Usual suspects.

pretty damn good. saw the twist coming a mile off mind.

as for going to the cinema alone. maybe if it wasn't so far from me, or if the tickets werent so expensive i might.

it may be a good idea. im apparently "embarasing" in the cinema. i even went as far as laughing when watching a comedy.

i did also end up knocking my mates phone flying across a pub during the pre film pint. in my defence, we went to se the spirit and that incident was better then the film by 1,000,000 miles.

Clueless

Second time seeing this, and it's just awesome. A classic, and just hilarious at points, in it's poking fun at the ridiculous.

I love the bit where Dionne accidently drives them all onto the freeway, and they all start to scream, and Cher randomly screams "SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" at 2 old people driving past.

And then after Ty almost falls from the mall balcony, when that random chinese girl that always pops up runs up to Cher and asks "Oh my god, is it trrue that a gang held Ty at gunpoint?!"

8/10

Flight of The Living Dead: Outbreak On A Plane

It's pretty much exactly what you think it is.

saw the twist coming a mile off mind.

The only thing you "saw coming" was the fact that Verbal was Söze, that's not THE twist, THE twist is how he did it... the fact that it was all a lie, carefully fabricated from his surroundings.

Anywho, as for going to the theater alone or accompanied, it really depends. Light movies, it doesn't really matter. When it's something heavier, alone is the only way to go... alone and at odd ours, so there won't be many people in there and you don't have to put up with any disturbances.

My Bloody Valentine 3D

It's taken me 4 attempts to try and see this movie-since it's been sold out all weekend at my local Cineworld. In fact the only reason I got to see it this evennig was thanks to my movie going friend knowing someone who works at the cinema who let us in. Sneaky-and very Handy :)

It's full of gore, and a sex scene-with full frontal female nudity (Likely why it got the 18 rating) The 3D is pretty good and while it's your standard cheesy thrill ride horror movie it's still worth seeing.

There's a love triangle, and a couple of red herring as to who is the person behind the killing. Possibly room for some alternate ending on DVD?

Make sure if you go you stay till the end of the credits for an extra scene (Sadly I missed it-didn't find out till after I got home)

How is the 3Dness of the film? I doubt it's like the advert suggests. Although I keep thinking to myself if I end up going to see it I'll end up reacting like that at least once.

The only thing you "saw coming" was the fact that Verbal was Söze, that's not THE twist, THE twist is how he did it... the fact that it was all a lie, carefully fabricated from his surroundings.

I'd been told that there was a twist involving KS (d'oh) so I knew all the way through. But when it was revealed how he did it, was still absolutely awesome.

yeah. i did.

Come on, be honest, you didn't. It's impossible to "see it coming".

... fine. i was just trying to sound smart :(

Paranoid Park

I know those moments were supposed to reflect him being 'not with it' and all worried or whatever but most of the film felt like filler, and thats saying something for a film which is 85 minutes in length.

I didn't dislike it, but it felt more like a half hour film stretched out. Although it proves skater kids are just annoying little dicks.

The Wrestler

Been wanting to see this ever since i heard about it...and that its got good reviews.

The story follows a wrestler who was big in the 80's...in the present day to see that he is poor and wrestling in gyms and working in a supermarket..story progresses from here so not to give anything away.

It gives a rather deep insight into the backstage of "ring of honor" and "Combat zone wrestling" which was quite interesting being a wrestling fan.

Rather good film

8/10

I'm looking forward to watching this movie, am heading into Newport on the weekend to watch it, no local cinema is nearer unfortunately. All i've been hearing about this movie are good reviews, so can't wait really.

Anyway

Eraser

I should of reviewed this last Tuesday, but alas. Stars good ol Arnie as the man set out to wipe the past and protect the future (sounds a bit like Terminator really). First full viewing of this, and i thought it was a great movie. Loads of action, explosions and all that throughout, which was great as i quite like movies like that.

Even has some humour and a great revenge-style ending as it were.

9.5/10

Paranoid Park

I know those moments were supposed to reflect him being 'not with it' and all worried or whatever but most of the film felt like filler, and thats saying something for a film which is 85 minutes in length.

I didn't dislike it, but it felt more like a half hour film stretched out. Although it proves skater kids are just annoying little dicks.

That's Gus Van Sant for you. :heh:

I wonder how Milk is going to turn out.

Reminds me, I need to rent Elephant.

I liked Paranoid Park. But then I tend to enjoy "arty" films.

We saw it on the Washington/New York art trip last year, and opinion was split.

I like arty films but it just seemed filler to me. Not bad, just "this could have been so much more"

I like Elephant. At least in that there was always something happening. Even if it was just walking.

The Wrestler

Wow, very interesting. Theres some very harrowing and deeply.....I dunno how to describe it....like...almost depressive/awful feeling emotions that you feel in certain scenes (or rather one in particular) its a rather excellent movie. The Wrestler character, was not what I was expecting. Very gruesome in the hardcore wrestling scene, and as Beer said the backstage bits were very interesting, and I'm not even a wrestling fan.

8.8 great/10

How is the 3Dness of the film? I doubt it's like the advert suggests. Although I keep thinking to myself if I end up going to see it I'll end up reacting like that at least once.

Well I didn't see anyone throw popcorn over themselves in surprise from a

3D effect but I enjoyed it.

one of my fav 3D parts was right near the start of the film.

[spoiler=]The whole 3D EYE pop out scene was cool and gross at the same time

There's a fair bit of 3D Pickaxe in your face as well and a couple of blood splatter in your general 3D direction as well. It's a great movie to see with friends or someone you might wanna cuddle up close with and enjoy the ride. Plus the 3D Studio/film logo is pretty decent as well.

That's Gus Van Sant for you. :heh:

I wonder how Milk is going to turn out.

Reminds me, I need to rent Elephant.

Mmm. I watched Elephant ages ago, and it was interesting, just they made it seem like "oh, rite, gay kids shoot people! Fuckin' gays", which lost respect. But the thing is everyone watches the film knowing what it's about. It would be totally different if you had no idea, and if I ever lose my memory, please remind me to watch Elephant.

OK, so I left it a long time, but until the last few weeks I'd never seen a Rocky film before!... I know!! I just wasn't sure I was that fussed about seeing them, wasn't sure if I was that bothered about a series of boxing films...

But OMG!! am I glad I decided to see what the fuss was about and sit down and watch Rocky I !!!! They are just SO much more [than what I was expecting] and I now totally get it!

And once I'd seen the first one I just couldn't stop watching them!

I watched the first 5 online over a couple of days and then ordered the box set to watch Rocky Balboa, as I couldn't find an English version online, and because I knew this would be the first of many viewings of the series!!

Sure not all the films were quite up to standard, but some of them are now right up there with my favourite films of all time! just AWESOME!!

Something like this...

Rocky - 9/10

Rocky II - 9/10

Rocky III - 8/10

Rocky IV - 6.5/10

Rocky V - 5/10

Rocky Balboa - 8.5/10

Rocky films start nosediving around III. I like the first few but 4 is shit and 5 is unbearable dross.

the first one is actually pretty good though. Uncomplicated stuff but it's way more interesting than the later films.