NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

My sister and I both came back from seeing a movie at the same time, and both said we'd just seen out new favourite films ever. Mine; The Dark Knight, hers; Angus... :shakehead

wonder.jpg

My sister and I both came back from seeing a movie at the same time, and both said we'd just seen out new favourite films ever. Mine; The Dark Knight, hers; Angus... :shakehead

wonder.jpg

Lol!

That's going in my pokedex of brilliant posts.

Liar Liar

So funny :D Jim Carrey is awesome.

9.5/10:D

Bejesus Christ you people rate things without thinking! :blank:

La Science des rêves

Great, but without Kaufman Gondry's vision suffers and lacks essential directional backbone.

Ruang rak noi nid mahasan

Incredible, Ratanaruang is a rising force in Asian cinema.

Y tu mamá también

Fiesty little film packed with latin flavour, I enjoyed it.

Going to see Wall-E tonight, i'm so excited! I hope it's as good as they say.

And i concur, Liar Liar is fantastic and deserves a 9/10.

Hellraiser 2: Hellbound

"All we need now...is skin"...haha, funny film. Gorey too.

Going to see Wall-E tonight, i'm so excited! I hope it's as good as they say.

And i concur, Liar Liar is fantastic and deserves a 9/10.

Wall-E is fucking fantastic. Would see it again if I had the money.

I watched WALL-E again with my little sister. I loved it, but she didn't really understand most of the story.

Edit: It still gets a 10/10

Godzilla VS Megalon

WTF... Seriously, just WTF?! This easily the best "bad" movie I've ever seen. It has almost everything you need to make a bad movie. Rip-offs (Jet Jaguar is an obvious rip-off of Ultraman), bad special effects (the costumes were the worst I've seen in any Godzilla movie, it used tones of bad stock footage from previous Godzilla movies, etc), god awful acting, even worse music, it broke the laws of science in every given moment (an incredibly intelligent robot... that runs on Punch-cards?!), etc... Yet somehow it was awesome. Very awesome.

??/10.

Wall-E

Cute, funny, clever, emotional and beautiful. I loved it,but it wasn't as epic as some people made out it was.

Had watery eye's throughout many scene's too :indeed:

8.9/10

Speed Racer

I feel like I watched a two hours Matchbox cars ad. Boring dialogue and very two dimensional characters with a boring and predictable story. Actually I expected the races to be the worst part of it all but it was actually the best thing about the film.

I'm also all for colourful environments but that was way over the top. My eyes still hurt.

4/10

Ah really? My bad, but gosh, it's so cringe worthy D=

Yes, there's a few books in the series I think? I read them, they do seem alot better than the film apprently, as always with most things. Although it really is set for really really really girly 13 year olds.

Bejesus Christ you people rate things without thinking! :blank:

How so? Liar, Liar was hilarious and one of Carrey's funniest performances.

The Conversation- 10/10

Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford- 8/10

Mama Mia!

Went in with little expectation. I'd seen the musical yonks ago, and I enjoyed it, as ABBA where such a great music-making force.

However, it was a huge big bundle of fun. I loved knowing the words to all these songs I'd grown up with, and I preferred the film version, as there's more detail that helps, than on stage.

Meryl Streep was great, as was all the cast, actually. Except I hated Pierce Brosnan's voice. He slaughtered When All Is Said And Done. :(

7/10

The Conversation- 10/10

Yeaah what's wrong with Jim Carey films?! Liar Liar is classic. I dunno if I'd give it 10/10 but its pretty high up there on the scale.

I <3 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Wall-E

Great film. Loved it. Had a tear in my eye at times. A grown man close to tears. How queer :heh:

Anyways 9/10

Dark Knight

Best film I have seen since...300? Fan-fucking-tastic. Actually made me jump at certain bits and Heath Ledger damn well better get that oscar as he stole the show. And twists! Oh my I did not see some of them coming.

9.5/10

saw baby mama today. I love tina fey, so 8/10. if it wasn't tina fey it's probably be 6.5/10

saw the dark night on sunday. absolutely blew me away. the story was great, all the acting (not just ledger) was good and it just looked stunning. I was astonished, i was hoping maybe for 8/10, but thought i was being optimistic, but this is 9.5/10

The Dark Knight *spoilers*

Wow, just wow. I thought Begins was ok, but it bored me a little if Im honest. This on the other hand was fantastic. Heath Ledger was fucking amazing as the joker, the moment he blew up the hospital was terrifying. I mean, if anyone can still look so utterly scary in a nurses outfit then it's Heath. He deserves an oscar for his performance, for sure.

10/10

There is a Dark Knight thread for anyone who's watched the film, so if you're going to drop any spoilers or discuss the movie, it would be best to keep your rating for that particular film in there :) cheers guys.

Wall-E

As mentioned, i took this in last night. It's so good. I was just amazed how Pixar manage to make you feel for robots, make you believe they have emotions and show them so effortlessly with just simple movements. How they linked together certain things was really special too; you knew what they felt just with a slight twitch of his eyes or a small movement of the fingers. It's incredible. Brilliant and touching story to boot. You just know kids will look back in ten years time and say "do you remember Wall-E?!" - just as my generation looks back at films like E.T and Short Circuit.

Great job Pixar. Keep it up :D

10/10

Journey to the Centre of the Earth 3D

Don't have a 3D cinema near me so went to the other side of Manchester to watch it. Crap film - made better by the 3D which was amazing, but then made worse by the pillocks who felt it necessary to inform the whole cinema that "it was like we are there"

4/10

Bring It On

5.5/10

Not as funny or clever as it thinks it is. Refreshing to see a teen film my sister own that actually has swearing/sexual innuendos, rather than everyone magically having no sex drive or temper.

Gets above a 4, due to the opening sequence.

The Conversation- 10/10

It wasn't THAT good, apart from JC. And either way, a 9.5/10? Dear lord... :blank:

Anywho, the conversation = awesome, it's Coppola's forgotten masterpiece. :(

Must watch AoJJbtCRF.

Well...if we put a lot of thought into our ratings then this thread would be no fun.