NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Yeah, Chairdriver, me and another friend have booked tickets for tomorrow too. Ideally prefer to see it today, but beggars can't always choose how much money they get from strangers.

just booked my tickets to see this at 4pm! I was worried it might have been sold out!

YAY!

The Wicker Man (1973)

Bizarrely, I saw the Nic Cage version before the original, but Edward Woodward's magnum opus was screened on ITV4 last night, and what can I say, other than what a fantastic film? Some incredibly powerful scenes throughout, and the choice to have the villagers singing songs rather than record a straight soundtrack was a chilling masterstroke. Anyone interested in cult thrillers should check it out.

Apocalypse Now

I'm gonna get this out the way and say I was somewhat disappointed with this film. Nearly 3 hours is a little too long for a film that fails to fully grasp the horrors of war. I'm sure Viatnam was hell for anyone there, but why couldn't Coppola portray that with more than one or two moments? Don't get me wrong, it's a very, very good film, but I just don't think it's a film I had to see before I die.

The Dark Knight

Absolutely fantastic - lived up to and possibly exceeded my expectations. Plus I got a lenticular poster thing due to it being a preview...

5 out of 5

The Dark Knight

It's flawless. For all effects and purposes, it's flawless. Ledger delivers the best performance of the year so far(and you know that's saying a lot if you've seen Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark). The whole movie lives and breather perfection all over it. A monumental achievement by Mr. Nolan. It's going to be hard to follow this up with a third installment, it really is.

My only beef with it, is something which can never happen, which is the suit not looking silly. Spiderman and Iron Man are great examples of superhero suits that actually work on real people. Batman's suit is impossible to improve, it's just destined to be and look stupid (much like the voice Bale uses when he's in Bat-mode). Oh well, it's not like that detracts anything from it's worth.

So far, movie of the year, best superhero movie ever, and one of the best crime movies ever made, I applaud thy effort, monsieur Nolan.

9.9/10

And you all know I'm not exactly kind with scores, so yeah... take that as you will.

The Dark Knight

It's flawless. For all effects and purposes, it's flawless. Ledger delivers the best performance of the year so far(and you know that's saying a lot if you've seen Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark). The whole movie lives and breather perfection all over it. A monumental achievement by Mr. Nolan. It's going to be hard to follow this up with a third installment, it really is.

My only beef with it, is something which can never happen, which is the suit not looking silly. Spiderman and Iron Man are great examples of superhero suits that actually work on real people. Batman's suit is impossible to improve, it's just destined to be and look stupid (much like the voice Bale uses when he's in Bat-mode). Oh well, it's not like that detracts anything from it's worth.

So far, movie of the year, best superhero movie ever, and one of the best crime movies ever made, I applaud thy effort, monsieur Nolan.

9.9/10

And you all know I'm not exactly kind with scores, so yeah... take that as you will.

This. Seriously. Damn.

I'm seeing Dark Knight tomorrow, I can't wait!!!

Sweeney Tood: The Demon Barber from Fleet Street

About the fifth time I've watched this now and I still enjoy it. It's just brilliant!

8/10

Was meant to be seeing Dark Knight tomorrow night, but my friend wants to be back for Big Brother, and as the local cinema is 2 county's away and due to the long running time, we aren't going anymore. :shakehead

Will see it on Bargain Tuesday along with Wall-E methinks. Full days at the cinema ftw!

Was meant to be seeing Dark Knight tomorrow night, but my friend wants to be back for Big Brother, and as the local cinema is 2 county's away and due to the long running time, we aren't going anymore. :shakehead

Will see it on Bargain Tuesday along with Wall-E methinks. Full days at the cinema ftw!

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Get new friends.

:shakehead

I should ban you fuckers for seeing TDK early, you swines!

Seeing it tomorrow. Gaah!

Seeing it tomorrow. Gaah!

Same here.

I hate hearing the trailer (I closed my eyes when it came on). I wanted to go a TDK virgin, if you will.

Oh well. I'll still love it, I'm sure.

The Dark Knight

Pretty awesome. Saw it at 10:30 this morning and the it was packed luckily still managed to get good seats. There was a couple of niggles I have with it but like what has been said about its still fantastic. Oh and I didn't know how fucking awesome Heath was going to be. Now I know he was going to be good but it was on a whole different level.

So I saw it, had to go early to make sure tickets were bought but yeh was worth it

Dark Knight

Was really good. Ledger was supurb as the Joker. Applause for Nolan, I tend to dislike superhero films but this was by far the best of the genre that I've seen.

Couple of gripes:

- I would have liked moar Bale action, as im having abit of a Bale lovefest atm.

- Bale's Batman voice annoyed the hell out of me

- Without giving anything away, i thought Dent looked ridiculous in the second half of the film...

9 / 10

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Also very good. They almost overdid the emotion at points but it was brilliantly done nonetheless. Great acting and im always a fan of that sort of pulpfictionesque storytelling

9 / 10

- Without giving anything away, i thought Dent looked ridiculous in the second half of the film...

Really? I think he was awesome, best possible live action two-face, as far as Im concerned... Oh well. : peace:

As for Bale's Batman voice, yes, it gets a little annoying, but it makes perfect sense and isn't in any way something that ruins the concepts. :)

Batman The Dark Knight

Awesome movie. Fucking awesome. Heath Ledger is amazing...but I gotta say, I didn't like the new Rachel Dawes that much...didn't really like the first one either though!

Before I saw the movie, I was worried about Bale's "Bat Voice" but it didn't bug me as much as it did in Batman Begins...thought it was quite good. I love Harvey Dent, awesome character...but the Joker is definitely the strongest character in the movie!

9.6/10

P.S I agree with dan-likes-trees about wishing there was more Bale action. I like Bale. :smile:

I thought it was done pretty well! Better than batman forever for sure!

- Bale's Batman voice annoyed the hell out of me

I think it was something very well done in both movies, his voice is supposed to intimidate and since it isn't his "real" voice he has to do it. It's just like it should be in my... ears.

You look ridiculous!

:P

I think it was something very well done in both movies, his voice is supposed to intimidate and since it isn't his "real" voice he has to do it. It's just like it should be in my... ears.

You look ridiculous!

:P

Exactly, the bat voice is ridiculously important.

Full impression tomorrow, but

The Dark Knight

Not as good as Begins. But amazing.

9.4/10

Wall-E

Superb, it works on so many levels. On the one hand it's quite a cheery romance, on the other, it's an unremittingly bleak warning as humanity continues to spiral into it's own commercial squalor.

We had to skip early to catch a bus, but I can't imagine what it could do to spoil what had been a sublime and magical tale up until that point.

Wall-E

Superb, it works on so many levels. On the one hand it's quite a cheery romance, on the other, it's an unremittingly bleak warning as humanity continues to spiral into it's own commercial squalor.

We had to skip early to catch a bus, but I can't imagine what it could do to spoil what had been a sublime and magical tale up until that point.

What bit did you see up to?

Wall-E

Driving FTW!

The film dragged a bit toward the end, mainly after the introduction of the human characters.

Heh, sounds like I was the only one who disliked Dent's look then.

And yeh, I can acknowledge why he had to use that voice and all, just i guess i thought it could have been done a little better...

Elsewhere, I got The Machinist to play

Really liked it ^.^

Bale was brilliant throughout, his appearance was brilliantly shocking, and worked really well when compared to his regular un-skinny self in some of the scenes. I thought it would suck a little since the plot was half spoiled by a friend but in the end that didn't matter too much.

Great film, i'll make it a hatrick of 9 / 10, as with the last 2 films i rated

EDIT: If you haven't seen it, i think its on film4 tomorrow. Worth watching.

What bit did you see up to?

I got up to that bit where

Wall-E had just escaped from the exploding pod and he and Eve were scooting about space with a fire extinguisher.

I liked the human characters myself. I thought the way they had never seen the world beyond a screen and that the robots had more personality then they did was bang on the money.