NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Damn you Eenuh :heh: by this time tomorrow, I'll have seen it ^_^

This time tomorrow Ill be seeing it! :heart: :heart:

Eenuh you sicken me, btw. :heh:

What? Why? =(

Also, still waiting for Wall-E to release here. And one of my sisters said it looked boring from the trailer (I tried to convince her of its greatness though)... so I doubt I'll get to see it with them. Booooh.

I must say the bit at the end of Wall E when

Wall E and EVE kiss or whatever, and it was zoomed in very far.

I felt it looked photo real. Genuinely looked real.

Eenuh you sicken me, btw. :heh:

There was a few times I thought it looked photo-real, like while it was on Earth.

The CGI just blew me away...

What? Why? =(

Don't take offence, ReZ and I (and a few others) are a little... overeager... when it comes to the Dark Knight. *points to sig and avvy* And you, who are perhaps slightly less of a Batfan, were fortunate enough to catch it a day before us :heh:

Don't take offence, ReZ and I (and a few others) are a little... overeager... when it comes to the Dark Knight. *points to sig and avvy*

Pffff, so was I! I just thought I would never see it, but I did, on opening day even! =D

Sure we were surrounded by geeks and nerds (oh god some were bad), but it was still worth it!

Plus I'm jealous because you guys got Wall-E and I'm still waiting. =(

Exactly, jealousy! You should've got to watch Wall-E while we all caught Batsy :)

The Machinist

Christian Bale looked awful...quite a contrast to what I'll be seeing of him tomorrow in the Dark Knight (which I am uber excited about as well!!)...but yeh, nice little film. Enjoyed it.

7.5/10

The Machinist

Christian Bale looked awful...quite a contrast to what I'll be seeing of him tomorrow in the Dark Knight (which I am uber excited about as well!!)...but yeh, nice little film. Enjoyed it.

7.5/10

Ah, darn you. I've been trying to watch it after my friend downloaded it for me as he has a rapidshare account Sadly its .rar, password protected. Bums. & Thats why you shouldn't download things, kids.

Apparently it's on channel 4 on friday but im off on holiday and our recorder doesn't record off freeview. Urgh. I'll buy it one day...

And I should also be seeing Dar Knight tomorrow, assuming the screen isn't sold out...

Today I have watched three films! Which I think is more than I have seen in the last few weeks combined.

The Cat Returns

A quiant little tale. Amusing. I like how downtrotten Haru was. I dunno what else to say. I enjoyed it though. Although I somehow missed that Kristen Bell was in (although granted as Hirome, Haru's barely seen friend...). You'd think after hearing her voice-over for four years I'd recognise it...

Wall-E

Enchanting. I think I would have preferred it if they stayed on Earth. The first third is the best, but I understand they have to make it appealing to kids and stuff. But very bleak, but charming at the same time. I've heard one reviewer compare it in tone to Grave of the Fireflies and I can see where he's coming from.

I think I may end up going overboard on the merchandise though...

Waitress

Been wanting to see this for a while, seeing as Nathan Fillion is in it. Not a bad story. Although Jenna, being miserable and directionless, is a bit...boring. But still.

Ending was unsprisingly and kinda...corny. But still, not a bad indie film.

The Machinist

7.5/10

He was supposed to look awful yaknow, he lost a lot of weight for that role.

I take it that The Machanist is worth a watch then?

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

I think the non-linear structure in the first half of the film didn't really do it any favours. I can't see any need for it, apart from effectively making it a little more confusing. Otherwise, it's a decent film. It's sort of a modern day western as well as a dark comedy, and it was sort of a parable as well, though that didn't really come off all that well. Still a good film though; and I never realised how good n actor Tommy Lee Jones was before I saw this.

8/10

I hate. I've avoided the trailer for The Dark Knight surprisingly well (trailers ruin films), and tonight screamed when it came on before Savage Grace. I covered my eyes, meaning I could only hear it. Still, I feel dirty.

I'd give Savage Grace 8.5/10.

Julianne Moore gave such a good performance, in a film that is very weird and disturbing in places.

THIS THREADS NEEDS MORE BATMAN TALK!

I just came from it (Literally and sexually) and it blew my mind.

The plot is great! Acting great! CGI great but shaky at one part.

Spoiler scenes that blew my mind

Commissioner Gordon "dying" I cried a little inside at that scene but when it´s revelead that he´s alive I... I... just wanted to jump up glee and Harvey Dent was fantastic in the movie because they build him up so much of a good guy and when it´s all crushed after he gets burned.

Heath Ledger... Heath Ledger nailed the Joker from beginning to end he was fantastic, he perfectly portrays what the Joker is.

At the end of the movie I thought what they would to with the third one, too my surprise they left the Joker alive and I thought that well maybe they can mix that with the third movie but then I remember that Heath Ledger is dead. When I first heard about him dying I didn´t really care much but now feel bad over it.

If they try pulll the Joker some more in the next they will have get someon amazing because Heath Ledger just made himself into the image of the Joker.

Once again, it was amazing.

Gonna watch it tomorrow at 14:20. :heh:

If you don´t like it I will personally swim over to Portugal to disagree with you!

:Þ

I take it that The Machanist is worth a watch then?

it's so weird. I'd not even heard of the movie before I saw it on dvd for, like, £4 someplace and when I got it back and watched it with Shorty I was just so surprised by it. yeah, worth a watch :)

As for my batmanage; no confirmed date to see it yet! going to be going with about... 8 or 10 people probably, so should be good. Hopefully.. monday latest?

Oh I forgot the awesome short before Wall-E

Presto

Like Portal (the game) but with a magician and a sadistic rabbit. Fantastic.

If you don´t like it I will personally swim over to Portugal to disagree with you!

:Þ

I'm pretty sure I'll love it. : peace:

OMFG, #1 on IMDb????? :wtf::shakehead

He was supposed to look awful yaknow, he lost a lot of weight for that role.

Yeh I know he did, but that doesn't stop him looking like death in the film! :smile::heh:

Anyways, I'll be seeing Batman at 4pm today, thats if the tickets aren't already sold out. Should I bother booking them?

Yeh I know he did, but that doesn't stop him looking like death in the film! :smile::heh:

Anyways, I'll be seeing Batman at 4pm today, thats if the tickets aren't already sold out. Should I bother booking them?

4pm should be fine now, probably be about 1 third full right now (judging from my research for friends this morning) I would however book BEFORE you get there, like at lunch or online.

As a comparison 8pm showings Ive checked are all pretty much 93% full at this moment in time.

I've got 2 tickets booked for 8pm :D with a pub dinner at a Wetherspoons just before. Tonight = awesome.

I'll be looking out for this shaky CGI moment now :heh:

I tried to book tickets last night but i think the online system was kaput. That is unless they've only sold 15 tickets for all of the showings.

I hope you all enjoy it when you see it! I could so put in spoilers here but I won't, I'm a good girl. =P

Oh and I have no idea what shaky CGI moment Mundi was talking about... I must've been too impressed to notice, hah.

I've got 2 tickets booked for 8pm :D with a pub dinner at a Wetherspoons just before. Tonight = awesome.

I'll be looking out for this shaky CGI moment now :heh:

Mines at 8pm aswell. Simul-watch. : peace:

Meet you on to discuss it after. ;)

We should do its own thread if there isnt one by tonight.