NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The only "gash" I've heard of is a vagina.

Bad, Vagina and a deep cut.

What the hell. The Dark Night is currently sitting at Number 1 in the top 250 at IMDb, over a large voting sample size too.

just watched batman begins again. Man it's awesome. Psyched as fuck for The Dark Knight

*sings a single note beautifully, to convey his love of The Dark Knight, despite never seeing the trailer, or in fact, the actual film yet*

Batman Begins

My first Batman movie, and wow, I thought it was fucking awesome :)

Totally hyped for TDK now :D

9/10

just watched batman begins again. Man it's awesome. Psyched as fuck for The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

My first Batman movie, and wow, I thought it was fucking awesome :)

Totally hyped for TDK now :D

9/10

Same as these guys, finished watching it about 5 minutes ago, am so fucking hyped for The Dark Knight now, seriously cannot wait!

Watched every Batman film I can so far (I don't own Batman Forever...is it on TV soon?) and cartoon..moved on to Catwoman tonight.

I'm bias as I love the character (despite it being slightly shat on in the film), so I'll give the film 5/10.

Definitely not the worst film ever, as many think it is. I don't like Halle as Catwoman though, but props for not just going by the book (though it would have made a better film, lol).

What the hell. The Dark Night is currently sitting at Number 1 in the top 250 at IMDb, over a large voting sample size too.

And not just at the top spot; it is by quite a margin. 9.4 - while 2nd is Godfather at 9.1

It'll probably drop down once the dust settles mind. It was 9.5 when i looked yesterday. Wall•E seems to be doing alright for itself an all, up there at 24th.

And i'm pretty interested in The Machinist since i saw someone give it the thuumbs up a couple pages back here. Spanish film, with Christian Bale, that's similar to Memento? Sold.

If by gash you mean bad... then I'm part of the gang too!

And if it means something completely different then booooh.

Bad, Vagina and a deep cut.

And a nickname my housemate gave me.

The Number 23

Decided to watch this again, got bored at home. Good flick to watch, decent enough for me to watch now and then so gets 8/10

I think I remember there being a gang of people (Flinky?) around these KNEE parts that thought Closer was gash. I am a part of that gang.

You're damn right it was me, Odders.

I consider myself to be a loving person. I like a lot of things. Things that most people don't like or hate, I tolerate. I think I could withstand torture, would probably get home and try to recreate the experience at home with a chair, vice and some tweezers, it would be that nice.

But I fucking haaaaated Closer. Oh yes. I went to see the film with my ex-girlfriend a long, long time ago, and to this day, it has been the only film I have actually walked out of at the end physically hating myself for existing for having seen said film. I even had an argument with my her afterwards due to the bad mood this film put me in. I hated it that much.

And i'm pretty interested in The Machinist since i saw someone give it the thuumbs up a couple pages back here. Spanish film, with Christian Bale, that's similar to Memento? Sold.

it's not really a spanish film, though; it's filmed in spain but that's about it. Not really similar to memento in terms of plot but perhaps in terms of style -- but yeah it's a good little movie, well worth a watch.

I now have a perverse urge to watch Closer. Hell, I survived Home Alone 4; how much worse could it be?

You're damn right it was me, Odders.

I consider myself to be a loving person. I like a lot of things. Things that most people don't like or hate, I tolerate. I think I could withstand torture, would probably get home and try to recreate the experience at home with a chair, vice and some tweezers, it would be that nice.

But I fucking haaaaated Closer. Oh yes. I went to see the film with my ex-girlfriend a long, long time ago, and to this day, it has been the only film I have actually walked out of at the end physically hating myself for existing for having seen said film. I even had an argument with my her afterwards due to the bad mood this film put me in. I hated it that much.

Why though?

It's not bad...it's just kinda weird. And why would you ever walk out of a film? Feels like a waste of money (even if you felt like that anyway after the conclusion would have rolled, at least it would have concluded. Also the ending is important to the story)

Bear in mind it was adapted from a stage play.

Why though?

It's not bad...it's just kinda weird. And why would you ever walk out of a film? Feels like a waste of money (even if you felt like that anyway after the conclusion would have rolled, at least it would have concluded. Also the ending is important to the story)

Bear in mind it was adapted from a stage play.

For a start, I like things to be subtle, but the film just seemed to scream out to me "hey, look...its complicated! WE ARE CLEVER! Look at our weird story!" I also have an intense hatred for Jude Law, and seeing his smug face throughout the whole thing just made me seethe with rage.

I didn't walk out of the film before the end, I said: "it has been the only film I have actually walked out of at the end physically hating myself for existing for having seen said film."

Same here mate, just borrowed a mate's copy! :smile:

I didn't walk out of the film before the end, I said: "it has been the only film I have actually walked out of at the end physically hating myself for existing for having seen said film."

Oh, sorry.

For a start, I like things to be subtle, but the film just seemed to scream out to me "hey, look...its complicated! WE ARE CLEVER! Look at our weird story!" I also have an intense hatred for Jude Law, and seeing his smug face throughout the whole thing just made me seethe with rage.

I dislike Jude Law too, but he was ok, I thought. Again, it's not a romantic comedy, or a period drama. That was kinda the point. It was adapted from what would seem to be a very intense play. I thought it was fairly original, and interesting. I like films that present stuff in an unusual way.

It also has some great lines in it.

Jim Davidson's Sinderella

My mate told me about this and I'm glad he did. It was hilarious! It basically a pantomime for adults, it's very good and I can't stop watching it, it's too funny. Charlie Drake was fantastic in it.

:blank: I refuse to believe anything with Jim Davidson associated with it could be remotely average, let alone good.

:blank: I refuse to believe anything with Jim Davidson associated with it could be remotely average, let alone good.

He's not exactly the guy with the greatest taste in the world, let's be honest :blank:

While in Italy there was some random english movei channel that repated the same movie for a day and a half then changed it over. :)

I managed to catch two after a few exhausting days of walking:

Garfield 2:

A very silly film that reminded me a lot of the family movies I used to watch on Channel 5 on a Sunday afternoon. <3 It isn't in anyway a good film though and isn't as "good" as the first one. (which for some reason I saw in the Cinema?)

2 and a half Bears out of 7. :D

Pride and Prejudice: (2005)

I missed a bit at the beginning but I really enjoyed this movie and thought it was a good adaptation.

4 and a half Bears out of 7! :grin:

The Dark Knight

What can I say, I thought it was great! Probably better than the first one, but it's been a while since I saw that one so I might be wrong. =)

I can't really point out any flaws, except for maybe it being a big long... but that's because I had to pee. >.>;

Nah, really good, very dark, I enjoyed it. =D

He's not exactly the guy with the greatest taste in the world, let's be honest :blank:

I know, I don't laugh alot at his jokes TBH but I must admit, the show I watched was funny. Everything about the show was just funny.

I watched his other panto which my mate told me about called 'Boobs in the Woods' which is an adult Robin Hood and I didn't laugh as much as I did with Sinderella. TBF, it wasn't that good. Not even the audience laughed much! :blank:

Sinderella- 8/10

Boobs in the Woods- 3/10

However...

:bouncy:I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE DARK KNIGHT! IT LOOKS AWWWESOME!!!:bouncy:

Wall-E

Oh my god.

What a stunning film. The amount of personality in the robots, especially Wall-E and E.V.E was amazing, the story was great, the animation was top-notch as ever, just...wow.

Oh and the Pixar short before the film, was LOLTASTIC.

This stands up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story as my favourite Pixar movies :)

10/10

Wall-E

Oh my god.

What a stunning film. The amount of personality in the robots, especially Wall-E and E.V.E was amazing, the story was great, the animation was top-notch as ever, just...wow.

Oh and the Pixar short before the film, was LOLTASTIC.

This stands up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story as my favourite Pixar movies :)

10/10

I must say the bit at the end of Wall E when

Wall E and EVE kiss or whatever, and it was zoomed in very far.

I felt it looked photo real. Genuinely looked real.

Eenuh you sicken me, btw. :heh: